• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos It's 4/20 and I'm more upset that my doctor didn't refill my valium

When you have a benzo or opioid dependency you better stockpile alot of the drug becauze the medical establishment will constantly let you withdrawal and suffer immense torture from your disease just because a DEA bitch spooked them.

so how do you counteract that?

don't end up with a dependency to start with....take days off in between

nothing should be advocated more than that

don't do anything everyday or you're gonna end up in a bad place - i don't care if the doctor told you to take those benzos everyday - don't do it

there's a long ass half-life in valium too - i think it's 48 hours - so ya know what that means? that means you don't need to take them everyday

Yeah, it's a mental habit at this point, like smoking tons of weed was before. I'm about to start trying that again, because it's so much better. I've just gotten accustomed to not using THC after doing so for years. It was extremely hard at first. I was craving it constantly. "I need THC I need THC I need THC" would repeat in my brain. Valium is awesome but does it have any magic? No. It's literally just replaced my nightly weed smoking. I don't take it during the day because it has no value. It's just to chill and unwind at night. At least I could smoke weed during the day, burn out a little, but it wouldn't be that bad. I'd have a black tea or something and be good.

In regards to the probiotics, I did try shelf ones for a few weeks and they made me fucking bloated as hell. I haven't considered trying cold, although I was eating probiotic yogurt for awhile. Shelf ones should be ok but they're overpriced and kinda bullshit. "5 billion, 50 billion, over 50 billion" like where do you draw the line. I never tried kefir or kombucha.

Anyway, I cold turkeyed prilosec last week and haven't turned back. It was a complete waste really. I think the antacids were actually GIVING me heartburn. I mean, how do you have heartburn all day, go home, eat pizza and then it goes away? I probably had low stomach acid, even though that's rare, and my issues with delayed motility lately make this seem even more likely. Add on the fact that like a complete dumbass, I was sometimes taking tagamet to make valium stronger. Yeah... I don't like where things have come, but I stopped that. I stopped all the antacid shit. The stomach needs acid or else it won't empty fast enough, and if it won't empty? You can get reflux.

However, heartburn and reflux never seemed to occur together for me. It was either that cold/burning in the chest, or bubbles in the throat (what I thought was reflux, likely was?) But probably more a result of my stomach not emptying fast enough. I don't know if I'll need a gastric emptying study or whatever, it might take a bit till my gut recovers from the PPI drug. As far as the heartburn being "mild" or "chronic," it really wasn't frequent enough. It happened while on the antibiotics, stopped for weeks, came back while on prednisone and then high dose aspirin. I'd even been taking motrin while on prednisone which is... well, not good for your stomach. But I was in such chronic pain and the prednisone was doing jack shit.

The other week I took 2 aspirin for a headache and had heartburn for the first time in 2 months. That pretty much confirmed to me that NSAIDS and I do not get along. I can take 1 aspirin and be good though. Just can't wait for my sinus surgery.

Anyhow, I haven't smoked flower in 4 months. Tomorrow night I should try a snapper, I have some chronic chem that's been jarred up for months. I need to get high again. It helps me put everything into perspective better, and I need it to replace my valium habit. I kind of wish my doctor would just say "hey, no more valium" in all honesty. He's just such an idiot and would give me anything I asked. It's a good thing I'm not a super addictive personality and have some level of limitation, otherwise I'd probably have tried a lot more.

I've been taking valium for about 4 months now. I have a feeling I'll take it until at least June, then I should probably taper with 2mg tablets. It all depends if I can smoke weed comfortably again. It had been giving me headaches every time before. I took some fatty pen rips on 4/20 just to say I got high and was fine, whereas that could cause headaches before too. So I think I might be good.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a mental habit at this point, like smoking tons of weed was before. I'm about to start trying that again, because it's so much better. I've just gotten accustomed to not using THC after doing so for years. It was extremely hard at first. I was craving it constantly. "I need THC I need THC I need THC" would repeat in my brain. Valium is awesome but does it have any magic? No. It's literally just replaced my nightly weed smoking. I don't take it during the day because it has no value. It's just to chill and unwind at night. At least I could smoke weed during the day, burn out a little, but it wouldn't be that bad. I'd have a black tea or something and be good.

In regards to the probiotics, I did try shelf ones for a few weeks and they made me fucking bloated as hell. I haven't considered trying cold, although I was eating probiotic yogurt for awhile. Shelf ones should be ok but they're overpriced and kinda bullshit. "5 billion, 50 billion, over 50 billion" like where do you draw the line. I never tried kefir or kombucha.

Anyway, I cold turkeyed prilosec last week and haven't turned back. It was a complete waste really. I think the antacids were actually GIVING me heartburn. I mean, how do you have heartburn all day, go home, eat pizza and then it goes away? I probably had low stomach acid, even though that's rare, and my issues with delayed motility lately make this seem even more likely. Add on the fact that like a complete dumbass, I was sometimes taking tagamet to make valium stronger. Yeah... I don't like where things have come, but I stopped that. I stopped all the antacid shit. The stomach needs acid or else it won't empty fast enough, and if it won't empty? You can get reflux.

However, heartburn and reflux never seemed to occur together for me. It was either that cold/burning in the chest, or bubbles in the throat (what I thought was reflux, likely was?) But probably more a result of my stomach not emptying fast enough. I don't know if I'll need a gastric emptying study or whatever, it might take a bit till my gut recovers from the PPI drug. As far as the heartburn being "mild" or "chronic," it really wasn't frequent enough. It happened while on the antibiotics, stopped for weeks, came back while on prednisone and then high dose aspirin. I'd even been taking motrin while on prednisone which is... well, not good for your stomach. But I was in such chronic pain and the prednisone was doing jack shit.

The other week I took 2 aspirin for a headache and had heartburn for the first time in 2 months. That pretty much confirmed to me that NSAIDS and I do not get along. I can take 1 aspirin and be good though. Just can't wait for my sinus surgery.

Anyhow, I haven't smoked flower in 4 months. Tomorrow night I should try a snapper, I have some chronic chem that's been jarred up for months. I need to get high again. It helps me put everything into perspective better, and I need it to replace my valium habit. I kind of wish my doctor would just say "hey, no more valium" in all honesty. He's just such an idiot and would give me anything I asked. It's a good thing I'm not a super addictive personality and have some level of limitation, otherwise I'd probably have tried a lot more.

I've been taking valium for about 4 months now. I have a feeling I'll take it until at least June, then I should probably taper with 2mg tablets. It all depends if I can smoke weed comfortably again. It had been giving me headaches every time before. I took some fatty pen rips on 4/20 just to say I got high and was fine, whereas that could cause headaches before too. So I think I might be good.

Dude - that's how my heartburn was - when i ate, it went away

i hate kombucha - i can't drink that shit - and then i have issues with dairy that cause other stomach ailments, so kefir and yogurt are out of the question for me too - so i go the kimchi and kraut route - try kimchi - you might like it - it's loaded with probiotics - i posted a pic of the one i buy....hang on...

2hcSrl3m.jpg

and then the probiotics that i took that seemed to have knocked it out and brought me back to normal life was these:

658010116640-1_1.png

they are expensive - like $30 a bottle - i think i even stole them one time because i was broke :)

but whatever i spent a lot of money at that store - least they can do is throw me some probiotics right? :shrug:

anyway - they're in the refrigerated section - don't buy ones that arent fridged if you decide to go that route

but you sound like me whenever i had to stop smoking weed because of some sort of outside force - it's depressing - you should go back to smoking or at least ingesting it somehow - you sound like you miss it terribly - and i know what that's like so i understand where you're coming from

but back to the probiotics...so whenever you have to take some antibiotics, you should take probiotics at the same time - look that up and read about it - plenty of literature online about it that doctors never tell you about - and they really should

I've been having a lot of upper abdominal pain lately. Cant tell if it's heartburn, some other gastrointestinal issue, or perhaps cardiovascular. Depends on how my anxiety manifests each day.

I've been having a lot of upper abdominal pain lately. Cant tell if it's heartburn, some other gastrointestinal issue, or perhaps cardiovascular. Depends on how my anxiety manifests each day.

you probably have a hiatal hernia

certain foods make my act up - most notably, dairy

i know - join the club - getting old is fun

is it pretty much dead center right under your sternum?

kinda left of dead center if I'm looking down. Idk. I'm not googling either I already feel like shit.

it's not a sharp pain, kinda feels like gas most of the time tbh

be careful with probiotics and be careful with many OTC's flu's oriented, your body needs bacteria.. you unconciously swallow already a small percent of nasal mucos and you don't feel it and some get stuck in the nose so called "boogers", this means the human body has it's own antibiotics scout sets called "white cells" which without'em, nothing you eat or drink you'd feel // there's even studies white cells are still present in bones after death, and especially probiotics that are in pill form unlike a simple kefir which works well with anything you want, you can even make cookies and they still taste like that one bar of choco you say nmm not that sweet not that bitter.

penicillin is called penicilin because of the name of bacteria that was converted to help the human body

and bottom line, that's why pure glycerine is not healthy and it needs to be concentrated.. so on lol ahaha

kinda left of dead center if I'm looking down. Idk. I'm not googling either I already feel like shit.

it's not a sharp pain, kinda feels like gas most of the time tbh

your stomach is on the left - im sticking with probably a hernia

do you eat dairy?

might just be something you're eating that's aggravating it

i try not too.
dairy and large amounts of red meat tend to give me the squirts

my gallbladder doesn't like large amounts of red meat....actually, neither do my joints - so that's a good thing - makes me not eat it - but my gallbladder cramps - it hurts when i go overboard on the meat

cow dairy gives me all kinds of issues - stomach cramps, stinky gas, the shits, messes with my hernia, it's all bad news - unless i buy the A2 milk - that goes down no problem - so i use that to make mashed potatoes or have a bowl of cereal, which i dont do too frequently anyway

my gallbladder doesn't like large amounts of red meat....actually, neither do my joints - so that's a good thing - makes me not eat it - but my gallbladder cramps - it hurts when i go overboard on the meat

cow dairy gives me all kinds of issues - stomach cramps, stinky gas, the shits, messes with my hernia, it's all bad news - unless i buy the A2 milk - that goes down no problem - so i use that to make mashed potatoes or have a bowl of cereal, which i dont do too frequently anyway

how do you know it's your gallbladder hurting

how do you know it's your gallbladder hurting

i had a HIDA scan done a few years ago

mild intermittent pain from your gallbladder is the most common symptom - and mine just hurts sometimes - not a big deal - i just manage it....if it gets bad, i'll get it removed - but that's the last option

Yeah I actually did try kombucha, it sucked. It left a vodka like aftertaste even, and I'm like kinda allergic to alcohol so that's no good.
Where'd you get that garden of life stuff, a Walmart? Just curious. At this point I don't have reflux or heartburn issues, but delayed gastric emptying which isn't fun. I also have a swollen duodenum but my G.I doesn't seem to think this is causing anything bad. Stress is the #1 factor. I can eat literally anything on my days off but when I'm at work, a few crackers can fuck me up bad, bloating so painfully.

So, I'm quitting my job by this summer and looking for something better in the process at the moment. Cutting my hours back a lot starting in May to fit in appointments for sinus surgery I'm having end of May. I know I definitely won't be able to smoke for a few weeks probably, so I'd better start trying to. I've just been pulling vape pens and having no issues, so I think I'm ready to smoke again. A popper from a new pipe I got will probably send me to pluto.

Yeah I actually did try kombucha, it sucked. It left a vodka like aftertaste even, and I'm like kinda allergic to alcohol so that's no good.
Where'd you get that garden of life stuff, a Walmart? Just curious. At this point I don't have reflux or heartburn issues, but delayed gastric emptying which isn't fun. I also have a swollen duodenum but my G.I doesn't seem to think this is causing anything bad. Stress is the #1 factor. I can eat literally anything on my days off but when I'm at work, a few crackers can fuck me up bad, bloating so painfully.

So, I'm quitting my job by this summer and looking for something better in the process at the moment. Cutting my hours back a lot starting in May to fit in appointments for sinus surgery I'm having end of May. I know I definitely won't be able to smoke for a few weeks probably, so I'd better start trying to. I've just been pulling vape pens and having no issues, so I think I'm ready to smoke again. A popper from a new pipe I got will probably send me to pluto.

No walmart!

you gotta go to a healthy store and walmart is the opposite of that

I actually grabbed it at 2 different stores in Seattle - both grocery stores.....where do you live? do you have maybe like a co-op around there or something a little higher ended than walmart?

yea i hate kombucha - it's disgusting

dude it sounds like you have some sort of food intolerance

inflammation in your duodenum is part of ulcerative colitis

you might be a celiac

have you tried cutting out the breads?

ya know what i do if i were you trying to figure things out? start eating paleo - basically meat and veggies and fruits - that's it - stay on that for a month, then reintroduce certain foods and see how you feel, and then you'll know whats up

They said I tested negative for celiac, I don't think I have UC as I don't have like, 95% of the symptoms. It could be swollen from kratom use possibly? Hard to say exactly
I thought about food intolerances, but literally, when I'm not at work. I can eat anything. Yesterday it was a stressful day at work and I had a little back of graham crackers, seemed alright. As the day got worse, I had TWO CRACKERS and horrible abdominal pain. Then I come home, it goes away, I eat dinner and am fine.

Today was a day off and I hate a big breakfast, piece of cake midday, fried chicken sandwich for dinner. Bloat level? Negative 10. Like, completely fine. But I've cut my hours back a lot so it should help. I can starve myself at work for short shifts, come home and eat something. Only problem is my dumbass manager still has me on long shift saturdays when I specifically had it on the sheet not to do this. those are the most stressful days, and we're usually OVER staffed, so it's like, wtf you thinking? It's shit like this, and the overall effect of the job on my stress levels that are why I'm going to quit. I have a college degree, I don't need to be working at a hick state walmart.

I happen to work at a walmart and one of the worst walmarts of all time, probably. I'm gonna be quitting this summer though.

But yea, the G.I doc said the swelling is unlikely related to UC or anything else. I did cut out the bread at work awhile ago because that bloated me the most, but... I can eat it fine at home or on days off, it makes no sense.

I was on PPI for a few months so that could've maybe related to this a bit. Finally off that crap.

1. They said I tested negative for celiac, I don't think I have UC as I don't have like, 95% of the symptoms. It could be swollen from kratom use possibly? Hard to say exactly
I thought about food intolerances, but literally, when I'm not at work. I can eat anything. Yesterday it was a stressful day at work and I had a little back of graham crackers, seemed alright. As the day got worse, I had TWO CRACKERS and horrible abdominal pain. Then I come home, it goes away, I eat dinner and am fine.

Something that will probably help you and is most definitely good for you is unfiltered raw honey. I had mysterious right side pain last year, and they found nothing after a scope.
I had on again off again symptoms this last year. After diet change which included adding raw unfiltered honey, I am symptom free atm.
I will say I have been militant with my diet, so I am sure this is just as important as the raw honey.
I have a compulsive disorder, so sticking to a rigid diet is actually really easy for me.
(who would have guessed being obessive could actually have some positive benefits :\)

I know correlation doesn't imply causation, but it's impossible to deny that after taking a spoonful of raw honey on an empty stomach has improved my condition.
My side pain has basically disappeared since I began the honey regimen.
I generally eat two spoonfuls a day. This may seem like a lot, but I have pretty much cut out any refined sugar/carbohydrates so actually need those sugars.

Here is a link that explains why raw honey is good for your gut :

If you have blood sugar issues you'll naturally want to consult your doctor before loading up on the honey. Having said that, the raw honey is good for you even if it doesn't necessarily fix your stomach issues.

Last edited: