• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Isn't weed a ppycadelic drug

I personally feel marijuana is a psychedelic for sure. It sure is not a depressant, def. Not a stimulant, all the heart racing etc. is due to its hallucinogenic effect. Yes indeed a very strong psychedelic, i put it in the same playground as mushrooms.

Technically yes, personally no. Being an avid fan of THC and things like lsd and mushrooms, I can sit down and smoke a gram of butane hash oil (dabs/wax) and feel nothing close to if I ate just one hit of acid. Weed, personally, is just a back ground feel good to where lsd and mushrooms are like a total conscious take over. However smoking a gram of wax without any tolerance will probably have you to the point where you might pass out. (Definitely not a recommendation as its very uncomfortable to be "toooo stoneddd")

However, if I had a tolerance to lsd then 1 hit wouldn't make me feel anything at all. To where no matter how high my tolerance is for thc, I always get stoned the first hit of the day.
But, that's just because thc causes a huge dopamine release to where lsd's tripping feeling comes alot from the molecule sitting on seratonin(?) receptors in a certain way.

I am about 90% sure it's the same receptors alcohol normally binds with. I can drink a 24 pack of Budweiser while on 300ug and not even remotely feel drunk and I am notorious for being a major lightweight when it comes to Alcohol.

Technically yes, personally no. Being an avid fan of THC and things like lsd and mushrooms, I can sit down and smoke a gram of butane hash oil (dabs/wax) and feel nothing close to if I ate just one hit of acid. Weed, personally, is just a back ground feel good to where lsd and mushrooms are like a total conscious take over. However smoking a gram of wax without any tolerance will probably have you to the point where you might pass out. (Definitely not a recommendation as its very uncomfortable to be "toooo stoneddd")
well as you yourself pointed out, you seem to have a huge tolerance to cannabis. I am pretty sure that if I smoked that amount of hash oil in one sitting, I'd be totally gone, even though I am a daily user... but I doubt it would be a nice experience, because too much weed can trigger anxiety in me...

well even when I use cannabis in my regular low doses, I still feel it has some psychedelic properties, whereas alcohol is just intoxicating without that profound feeling of being "high". :)

^That's why I love weed. It helps me sleep, and makes my brain all weird while doing so. :)

I am about 90% sure it's the same receptors alcohol normally binds with. I can drink a 24 pack of Budweiser while on 300ug and not even remotely feel drunk and I am notorious for being a major lightweight when it comes to Alcohol.

That's because LSD is a CNS stimulant, so it counteracts the CNS depressant effect of alcohol. They do not bind the same receptors.

Pot and psychedelics also have a competitive yin-yang relationship, I've noticed -- pot counteracts many of the bothersome side effects of psychedelics, and it takes much more for me to feel "stoned" when I'm tripping.

^That's why I love weed. It helps me sleep, and makes my brain all weird while doing so. :)

Hmm... I must be the weird one. I smoke pot to stay awake on a poor night's sleep, and I can't smoke too much before bed or it'll keep me up, regardless of strain.

Me too. :\

I think weed can definitely be incredibly powerful and psychedelic. Like you, my tolerance is pretty ridiculous, but I find 3-4 days off resets it to some degree. Two weeks and it gets back to 'normal' effects though this is short-lived (and I quite like pot just being a before bed gentle sedating blanket of sleep things). But I think this is why most users don't consider weed to be very powerful even though most people recount very dramatic and full on first time cannabis experiences. For some reason, weed is used a lot more frequently than we would other trippy drugs, so most users have a tolerance. When you are tolerant, its a very different drug, very mild and relatively devoid of psychedelia, something you can do constantly and anywhere- but I remember my first time and it would have been explicitly clear to anyone who looked at or spoke to me that I was off my face. Unlike many other drugs, I've found tolerance can't really be overcome through smoking, though oral doses are quite effective.

One of the more intense panic attacks I ever experienced came from two semi-large bong hits. I hadn't smoked for around 3 months (this was about 15 years ago iirc) and decided to smoke a bit with my then-GF, and it absolutely terrified me. Thought loops, CEV's, racing thoughts and heartbeat- I became convinced I had loss access to my memory of peoples faces as my GF started to look quite different- and then she began wondering if I was dying or turning into a monster or some stupid nonsense. I will never forget how distant sober reality appeared to me as I realised the very specific damage that this weed had done to my brain. :D Always did make me hyper suggestible and paranoid. Sometimes enjoyable in how stupid that shit could go.

I definitely agree with your observations on tolerance and general usage with cannabis, that all describes my experiences pretty well. Especially with how the tolerance cannot be overcome by just smoking more.... It's almost less like tolerance and more like certain effects just disappear entirely. I am currently on an entirely involuntary tolerance break that's likely going to last at least through the weekend though, so I am really looking forward to that short-lived boost lol.

Your panic attack experience sounds quite a lot like my strongest one too in concept, except that while yours was two semi-large bong hits, mine was one hit from a semi-large bong (it was a four-footer). I had only recently started smoking again after many months off and it was like my second time since then having anything that was actually of high potency. It was pretty much as you say, paranoid delusions, visuals (though open eye too), racing heart, and I was shaking all over to a nearly painful degree. I honestly consider it to be one of my strongest mental trips period, psychedelics almost never make me feel so out of it.

Though, I do also agree that it's sort of amusing in retrospect lol. Cannabis has made me think some insane shit. That trip was particularly emotional though, it shook me to my core for a little while.

Pot and psychedelics also have a competitive yin-yang relationship, I've noticed -- pot counteracts many of the bothersome side effects of psychedelics, and it takes much more for me to feel "stoned" when I'm tripping.

Hmm... I must be the weird one. I smoke pot to stay awake on a poor night's sleep, and I can't smoke too much before bed or it'll keep me up, regardless of strain.

I often tell my tired friends to smoke some with me to help keep them awake. However, I do this knowing that it will not actually work lol.

I also use cannabis to help myself get a good night's sleep, but it's worth noting that, at least when my tolerance is not huge, the effect is delayed. It gets my mind racing too much at the beginning to allow me to fall asleep right away.

Also, I totally agree with your observations on cannabis and psychedelics. I almost invariably find the combination more pleasant and clearheaded than either alone.

Yeah, I'm about to embark on a voluntary tolerance break. Don't know how it'll go as I've got some really nice weed on hand but my brain is requesting I do this. Ill try for a week.

Yeah, I'm about to embark on a voluntary tolerance break. Don't know how it'll go as I've got some really nice weed on hand but my brain is requesting I do this. Ill try for a week.

Haha, well good luck to you. ;) It would be pretty difficult for me under those conditions too lol. I just got up from a wild night of very little sleep and crazy dreams.... I don't know how people stand this whole sobriety thing. 8( (Nah, it ain't that bad.)

So far, so good. It is kinda tough having this delightful jar of light green bud tickling eyespheres everytime I glance upon my coffee table but I feel quite resolute. Three more nights, it'll then be 5 nights, 6 days with no pot- I aim to get immensely stoned right about then.

Last night was pretty fucking restless and sweaty though.

While Cannabis itself isn't a psychedelic, the THC is. Very much so.

I got so nicely stoned last night. I smoked 2 bongs and was couch-locked and red-eyed for hours. Most enjoyable :) I ate like 10kg of vegan chocolate mousse. Tolerance break was rewarding- now to avoid it skyrocketing again.

Last edited:
It shares some qualities with psychedelics, but its a pretty unique substance. Its a little psychedelic and a little dissociative, and a little intoxicating.

To be honest Im done with weed. After nearly a decade of smoking (2 years of which i was smoking everyday) Ive decided I no longer have any reason to smoke it. I use to get very relaxed from it, but now it just gives me panic attacks every time I smoke. I dont find it "insightful" or "useful", its effects feel very dark and sinister to me, but ultimatley just "foggy". Its not like shrooms or acid where I learn things about myself and feel a deeper connection with everything.

^ I AGREE, i find marijuana extremely dysphoric nowadays, i used to love it when I was 14yrs old. Oddly enough, when i started doing opiates at 15, i weirdly became "allergic" to it. its like a switch flipped In my head , and it suddenly gave me paranoia, anxiety, made me feel like what a loser I was, made me very insecure, I would get shakey, start stuttering, it sort of gave me a PTSD like flashback feeling of some type, a feeling that just made me very ill mentally, it's sad its like this now, because I really used to enjoy it. Now even at thirty years old, sometimes when I smoke, i would get extreme tingles all over my body, and anything i would touch, or if I get touched, it would be extremely painful. I swore I was going to die and actually thought. The weed I smoked had k2 in it or. Something. As k2 used to do the same exact thing, my body freaking out. Etc. I can only enjoy marijuana when taking mushrooms
Its beyond me why I get this allergic reaction, and why it never used to be like that, and don't make sense as to what changed. I find marijuana a psychedelic.

I think its sativa that causes paranoia and anxiety. I feel much more lighthearted on indica strains.

I smoked 2 bongs
Hahaha you sure did.

I think its sativa that causes paranoia and anxiety. I feel much more lighthearted on indica strains.
I wouldn't say this is categorically true, but I agree with it as a trend. Most people report sativas to be more stimulating in their effects while indicas are more relaxing. CNS stimulation leads to elevated heart rate which leads to a greater predisposition for anxiety.