The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Is weed legalized in Illinois now

JezzaLo40

Greenlighter
Read online that the recreational use of marijuana was legalised in Illinois at the start of the year.

What's the legal weed scene in Chicago like?

yeah you can buy it. all you need is an id (like a driver’s license. from which state doesn’t matter). first week the dispensaries in chicago — the city, i don’t know about chicagoland — were so overwhelmed with demand that you had to get a reservation through ticketmaster and could only buy pens and not flower or vice versa so it didn’t mess things up for the medical users. the first day i rode by on my bike and people were standing in line for hours. tv crews were filming the lines and stuff.

i’m not sure if the demand to supply ratio is still messed up like that since i don’t smoke pot much anymore and only went once for the novelty of it.

Last edited:
Yep, all of the dispensaries in the state were in a similar situation hydro.... people lined up around the block.

Is the marijuana outdoor grown or indoor hydro set up grown?

Is there milder strains of marijuana that have lower THC levels?

Does anyone have a link to a dispensaries website?

i wouldn't stand in line to buy the reported garbage weed sold in the dispensaries. i personally don't smoke anymore but I'm told things like the weed is subpar and the buds have obviously been rolled. typical Illinois greed.

i wouldn't stand in line to buy the reported garbage weed sold in the dispensaries. i personally don't smoke anymore but I'm told things like the weed is subpar and the buds have obviously been rolled. typical Illinois greed.
What do you mean by rolled like rubbed over a screen so the employees can have kief for their personal stash and/or to sell as a separate retail product?

yfirst week the dispensaries in chicago — the city, i don’t know about chicagoland — were so overwhelmed with demand that you had to get a reservation through ticketmaster and could only buy pens and not flower or vice versa so it didn’t mess things up for the medical users. the first day i rode by on my bike and people were standing in line for hours. tv crews were filming the lines and stuff.

Yep, all of the dispensaries in the state were in a similar situation hydro.... people lined up around the block.

This blows my mind.

Federal legalization here in Canada was such a whimper. Hundreds of people laid off from the huge grow ops in Ontario within months of opening because the demand was far lower than expected.

The thing about illinois legalizing pot, is all the states around it aren't legal, missouri is the only one with medical iirc. So a lot of out of staters coming here to buy high quality dispensary weed.

The thing about illinois legalizing pot, is all the states around it aren't legal, missouri is the only one with medical iirc. So a lot of out of staters coming here to buy high quality dispensary weed.

Exactly, this is why we rushed it through. Regardless of other states surrounding us legalizing it soon, we get that first wave of tourist cash which is absolutely necessary for our bankrupt ass state.

That's odd. I know off-hand, for example that in order to qualify for medical marijuana in California you need all the paperwork plus you need to be a resident of the actual city; let's say Los Angeles where it's provided and your doctor's note . Then you're provided with a type of medical marijuana ID card - you get to show this to police as well, in case they try to arrest you :)

I guess it's all a joke afterall

i don't get the joke.

my friend recently came to chicago and went to the dispensary today. it's sweet and sad that he still smokes weed. well, he got edibles. gotta keep those lungs healthy. hopefully he got the pills instead of the sugar-filled gummies.

I don't know. It sounds like, at least based on this thread there's some ability for drug tourists to come in and buy without going through the medical system like you do in California. That makes no sense to me but really is none of my business

Its recreational lol, If you're 21 you can buy it.... illinois is broke, out of staters making up alot of that tax revenue

I don't get how that works though, with law enforcement and such. Like I know, even in California for instance all of the shops were closed in San Diego when I moved into the area in 2011. I don't know how people still get it. I guess illegally

I don't know. It just seems overly-complicated to me, but I was saying at least in California you get a medical ID card to purchase medical marijuana, so in case the law decides to prosecute you, they have to go to court first

What protection do the medical marijuana users have in other states, assuming they have any to begin with?

Marijuana has been decriminalized in illinois for a long time anyway, has just been a fine before legalization, it's legal state wide..... not sure what you dont understand.....

So when the police pull you over and see your stash, while writing your ticket they don't do anything about it? Cool beans

I don't get how that works though, with law enforcement and such. Like I know, even in California for instance all of the shops were closed in San Diego when I moved into the area in 2011. I don't know how people still get it. I guess illegally

I don't know. It just seems overly-complicated to me, but I was saying at least in California you get a medical ID card to purchase medical marijuana, so in case the law decides to prosecute you, they have to go to court first

What protection do the medical marijuana users have in other states, assuming they have any to begin with?
So when the police pull you over and see your stash, while writing your ticket they don't do anything about it? Cool beans
Pretty much so long as my oil/buds is still in the child resistant container I bought it in and I have a valid card.

Its legal.... they're not writing you a possession ticket for something that's not illegal.... pretty simple concept....