• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IS THIS LEGAL!? PERSCRIBED OXY 4 YEARS NOW

DaveNeedsToTaper

Bluelighter
okay so this is really messed up. apparently my dr office had been trying to call me for a month or two. to tell me to come in for a screening. when i needed refills sometimes I would have to call my drs office. they never once told me anything about that. friday i had no repeats they said i need to call dr. so i call the ysay i need urine screening. i said okay i cant come today i could come monday. so she prescribes me enough to last till monday. i go in today (monday) they wouldnt let me see the doctor. "you need to have an appointment. there are sick ppl here. i have been trying to call you back in august" i said i spoke to someone on the phone friday told to come in today for urine and i did.... soo... and she told me to jsut leave and come back thursday... i said well i need to speak to the doctor breifly and i was told i need to sign a new contact bc other is expired. she said nope this one from 4 years ago is fine.

so i was told to just sit dow nand wait. waited one hour and was told to leave and come back thursday... was told no medication... ive been on this for four years now! she knows how horrible i get during withdrawal. is this even legal!!?

canada ontario

this is a frightening story i have to admit i'm extraordinarily scared of running out of meds at some point and not having a doc to get a renewal and i have been on high-dose pain meds for chronic pain for the same amount of time as you. it's awful man this 'opiate crisis' is causing so much suffering to people who take these medications in order to function and don't abuse them, worst case, you can go to a hospital emergency and explain whats happened to them, they may just give you meds till thursday. i'm in canada aswell.

okay so this is really messed up. apparently my dr office had been trying to call me for a month or two. to tell me to come in for a screening. when i needed refills sometimes I would have to call my drs office. they never once told me anything about that. friday i had no repeats they said i need to call dr. so i call the ysay i need urine screening. i said okay i cant come today i could come monday. so she prescribes me enough to last till monday. i go in today (monday) they wouldnt let me see the doctor. "you need to have an appointment. there are sick ppl here. i have been trying to call you back in august" i said i spoke to someone on the phone friday told to come in today for urine and i did.... soo... and she told me to jsut leave and come back thursday... i said well i need to speak to the doctor breifly and i was told i need to sign a new contact bc other is expired. she said nope this one from 4 years ago is fine.

so i was told to just sit dow nand wait. waited one hour and was told to leave and come back thursday... was told no medication... ive been on this for four years now! she knows how horrible i get during withdrawal. is this even legal!!?

canada ontario

I'd go to hospital and tell them what happened (take previous prescriptions/empties with you as proof) they might give you some until Thursday.

last time I was in emergency it was suicide attempt during sever withdrawal. they ggave me a total of 10 mg. and then gave me a bus pass. but that was a different city. the hospital in Niagara falls seems to be horrible. I do nto think they will do anything. but I do not think this is legal. also I was told "your contact is no longer valid so you need t o sign a new one" but apparently thats not true and the one from years ago is fine. even though I wasnt even prescribed longer than a few months at that point. and it was a random doctor that she was training that had me sign some random thing and gave me percs on top of 10mg oxys/

try having the pharmacy contact the doctor. might work, might not. here in the states, when a repeat prescription is legitimately out the pharmacy will offer to contact the doc for you. office might pay a pharmacist more mind than a patient.
yes that is what I usually do have pharmacy fax over a refill request. however it says must see doctor for repeates (on Friday they wanted me to come in randomly when i called asked where refill is. I said I cant today but I can Monday..." so I went and did a urine sample. and then im told im shit out of luck (basically) until Thursday? what he fuck

I'd go to hospital and tell them what happened (take previous prescriptions/empties with you as proof) they might give you some until Thursday.

she randomly switched me to targin over the phone one day too. which doesnt work at all. it has 10mg oxy 5 mg naloxone in it. and its almost triple the cost and i am low income unable to work. would the hospital make me pay?

she randomly switched me to targin over the phone one day too. which doesnt work at all. it has 10mg oxy 5 mg naloxone in it. and its almost triple the cost and i am low income unable to work. would the hospital make me pay?

I dunno. I thought you had free healthcare in Canada? I'm in the UK so all my meds are always free.

I hope you are okay.
This sucks!

I don’t think it is “legal” either but I guess whatever they say goes now. We are at their mercy as chronic pain patients.

PO should get a custom title to recognize her constant support.

Sorry for the off-topic.

haha! I do what I can. When I can.
It is not stable support but hey, I think I do pretty good sometimes. 😃

I do like to keep our people safe and feeling Loved!
You guys are the coolest people on the planet!

Sooo . . . Targin -- oxy with naloxone in it . . . I noticed at the height of the whip-cracking for "abuse-proof" or whatever formulations in the States that they didn't even work for a noticeable minority of chronic pain patients and wondered if crap like that would ever be approved for marketing much less put out there by the manufacturers were it not for the politics of it. Then there are the quislings in the pharmaceutical industry itself including whole firms set up to profit from such regulatory foolishness . . . I swapped out a day's worth of Vendal for ZoMorph to see if the latter really worked and I am sure I shat out 100 per cent of the morphine since I was in Stage II withdrawal and having an angina pectoris attack by hour 15 . . .

There are some states that have written the business about annual, semi-annual, or once-per-10-months or whatever drug screens into statute and/or regulations in various ways just like with ridiculous things politicians don't know shit about like morphine base 24 hr equivalent and number of tablets dispensed. I am sure insurance companies and their government equivalents are getting in on this too . . .

PLEASE READ THIS

NEVER BRING MORE THAN 2-4 DAYS WORTH OF YOUR NARCOTICS WITH YOU TO THE HOSPITAL, MY MOTHER DID. THEY DID NOT GIVE THEM BACK, SO SHE HAD TO GO THROUGH WD, WHICH WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED IF SHE LISTENED TO ME WHEN I SAID NOT TO BRING THEM ALL, BRING A FEW DAYS WORTH AS PROOF, AND SAY THE REST ARE SIMPLY AT HOME, THEY CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT AND IF YOU NEED THEM, THEY'LL GIVE THEM TO YOU BECAUSE YOU CLEARLY ARE ON THEM AFTERALL, YOU BROUGHT PROOF.

Sooo . . . Targin -- oxy with naloxone in it . . . I noticed at the height of the whip-cracking for "abuse-proof" or whatever formulations in the States that they didn't even work for a noticeable minority of chronic pain patients and wondered if crap like that would ever be approved for marketing much less put out there by the manufacturers were it not for the politics of it. Then there are the quislings in the pharmaceutical industry itself including whole firms set up to profit from such regulatory foolishness . . . I swapped out a day's worth of Vendal for ZoMorph to see if the latter really worked and I am sure I shat out 100 per cent of the morphine since I was in Stage II withdrawal and having an angina pectoris attack by hour 15 . . .

There are some states that have written the business about annual, semi-annual, or once-per-10-months or whatever drug screens into statute and/or regulations in various ways just like with ridiculous things politicians don't know shit about like morphine base 24 hr equivalent and number of tablets dispensed. I am sure insurance companies and their government equivalents are getting in on this too . . .
in canada higher dose narcotic patients are somtimes tested by physicians for 2 reasons, to prevent people from sellingtheir medication and to see if their following the physicians instruction, i never had to do that bullshit, i think i'd take a piss on a doctors desk if he ever made me do this. i did have to do a piss test at some point in the last year idr what for, and LOL this was b4 my doc retired i remember i was waiting in his office chillin, he came in and might aswell have yelled "HOW DO YOU HAVE SO MUCH AMPHETAMINE IN YOUR PISS I HAVEN'T EVER SEEN THESE LEVELS, THEY COULD BARELY EVEN SCREEN FOR ANYTHING ELSE" I just sat there and giggled till i realized he was slightly pissed, so i explained i had taken a good dose prior to it which was true n we let it slide.

zomorph... isn't that extended release morphine though? it should be identical to Kadian no?????????????????????????? kadian is what blocks the hell out of me. the days i only take one where i'm cutting down i mean... i'm a bathroom camper might aswell bring a tent, and get one of those digital fireplaces.

PLEASE READ THIS

NEVER BRING MORE THAN 2-4 DAYS WORTH OF YOUR NARCOTICS WITH YOU TO THE HOSPITAL, MY MOTHER DID. THEY DID NOT GIVE THEM BACK, SO SHE HAD TO GO THROUGH WD, WHICH WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED IF SHE LISTENED TO ME WHEN I SAID NOT TO BRING THEM ALL, BRING A FEW DAYS WORTH AS PROOF, AND SAY THE REST ARE SIMPLY AT HOME, THEY CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT AND IF YOU NEED THEM, THEY'LL GIVE THEM TO YOU BECAUSE YOU CLEARLY ARE ON THEM AFTERALL, YOU BROUGHT PROOF.

That's why I said to take EMPTY bottles or packaging from previous prescriptions.

That's why I said to take EMPTY bottles or packaging from previous prescriptions.
that can go both ways, they can say "why is this empty, did you take them all?" and if theyre that old they won't actually really care about them BUT while i say that, i've kept EVERY narcotic bottle/label ive ever gotten.