• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Is this allergy likely to transfer? (Kratom)

HCL

Bluelighter
If got hives from IV morphine several years ago, am I probably allergic to kratom too? I know opioids typically cause histamine release and itching, but the rash lasted for three days, so the doctor thought it was a true allergy. Kratom is different from morphine chemically, but they?re both mu agonists, so I?m a little nervous about the allergy dimension. I want to try it while it?s still legal, but I?ve read drug allergies are often worse the second time around, when the immune system recognizes it from before.

I take kratom and love the effects i get from it. Try a very small amount first to see if your allergic for sure. And I mean like a quarter teaspoon. After you do that and you find out your good, then get a good kratom from a well established distributor. If you don't know any,hit me up, I buy from a great company, I will be happy to give you the info.Good luck!

If got hives from IV morphine several years ago, am I probably allergic to kratom too? I know opioids typically cause histamine release and itching, but the rash lasted for three days, so the doctor thought it was a true allergy. Kratom is different from morphine chemically, but they?re both mu agonists, so I?m a little nervous about the allergy dimension. I want to try it while it?s still legal, but I?ve read drug allergies are often worse the second time around, when the immune system recognizes it from before.

Since Kratom is not an opioid you are probably GTG , but do as Queen suggests and try a small amount and see how it goes.

EDIT: I misspoke, Kratom IS an opioid, but not an opiate. That said, I stand by my initial statement in that "you are probably GTG.

Last edited:
Kratom doesn't have very much ability to release histamine, as a result it should produce much less itching than morphine and friends.

I like the advice of trying an allergy dose first, then starting low and working up.

Well I have had pretty bad eczema on my feet and hands since I was 14 (also scalp psoriasis, dermatitis etc, it sucks) and when I use Kratom my eczema is worse and I will get it on other parts of my body like legs and forearms where I never ONCE got it before and it only happens when I use Kratom, so I know it does increase histamine for me.

It sucks, but then again I don't use Kratom all the time like some people so it's worth it to me, but I bet if I was a daily user it would drive me crazy.

I don't think I am necessarily allergic to it persay cause I already have the eczema, it just makes it worse.

Thanks everyone. I started with a TINY dose, and when I didn't react badly, I worked up to (I think) four or five grams. Looks like I'm not allergic to it. There's some very minor itching if I actively focus on it, but I'm having pollen allergies this time of year, and I'd expect that from opioids anyway. Otherwise, it seems decent. Cannabis-like fog with a blend of minor euphoria and depression, much like the moments after an orgasm. I think I'd enjoy it more if I was hanging out with my friends right now instead of typing alone at my computer. Doesn't remotely compare to morphine, at least not that this dose, but I neither expected nor wanted it to feel as strong. On the plus side, writing feels easier than usual, so maybe there's some value here. I took Vyvanse earlier today, so it's probably cutting back the worst of the sedation. I was a little concerned about mixing them, but (1) I'm impulsive and (2) I only take therapeutic stimulant doses.