• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is this a spiritual experience? (Psilocybe Atlantis)

Jackeh

Bluelighter
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I thought this would be semi suited to trip reports but it isn't long enough and doesn't include much of a story.

I'm currently in the Netherlands on holiday for 10 days. A few days ago I went to a fantastic smart shop in Eindhoven where I had the choice in various products, including psilocybe truffles.

I decided to buy 15g of Psilocybe Atlantis. Grinded it up first so I wouldn't need to chew (I hate having to taste certain substances unnecessarily) and then ate them with a quick chew and swallow with some water. I also at a single cannabis brownie half an hour before this.

The brownies seemed to be weak, they didn't do much for me, even when I tried taking 2 at once a few days later. The shrooms gradually begin to kick in, I noticed slight visual distortions so I rolled a joint.

Once I had finished, I got up and decided to walk out the door. The moment I stepped out, the sentence "Everyone has their own path" implanted itself in my memory and made a huge mental impact. Suddenly there was a rush and then I felt all my anxieties, stupid worries and depression I didn't even know I had being washed away with it.

I felt like an entirely new person afterwards and the change is still being felt currently, days later.

I've heard of things like ego death before, but this didn't seem to fit the description. I didn't get a "oneness with everything" or lose my sense of self. I didn't even have to introspectively look at my problems.

It was easy. I walked out the door and BAM in a flash I was a new person. I didn't even feel like I was tripping afterwards, slight colour enhancement but no crazy stuff. I just felt happy with life.

Seems like this belongs in the trip reports section. What are you asking? Whether we should label your experience as spiritual or not?

You know it doesn't matter. What happened is what happened and you were better for it.

^ I suppose you're right. Whatever has happened has happened and labeling isn't necessary.

It's just I got confused because when I usually hear about trips being helpful to people, it's involved something like ego death - this trip (although helpful) didn't seem to fit the description of ego death or anything like that, I thought it was weird that the positive effects were so instantaneous which is why I wanted to ask.

Good joint, apparently, or you stepped through the "magic door". You were in Holland at the time so it wasn't your normal home door. You know nothing about that door. That door, my friend, is a portal to a new you. Now all you gotta do is buy that building and charge people to go through the magic door of transformation. Hopefully, it's not in a very expensive hotel. Could be costly to obtain the portal.

I think it is a kind of spiritual experience - you can wonder about it and seek to rediscover or reconnect to it.
I had some lovely moments today when tensions fell away and there was space to accommodate all my thoughts and each thought could think itself without me working at it.
that is a space I will try to reconnect with.
since I cant do it daily (for tolerance reasons), perhaps it is the sabbath

Good joint, apparently, or you stepped through the "magic door". You were in Holland at the time so it wasn't your normal home door. You know nothing about that door. That door, my friend, is a portal to a new you. Now all you gotta do is buy that building and charge people to go through the magic door of transformation. Hopefully, it's not in a very expensive hotel. Could be costly to obtain the portal.

It was in a hard wall constructed tent in a field at a festival kind of thing. :') The magic door has since been long deconstructed now. :p

Also, for anyone interested. I'm still feeling the positive effects. Almost a week later. Those truffles really changed my life.

Don't confuse mystical experiences with spiritual experiences. Being in very altered states of consciousness can show you things about yourself and the world, and can be philosophically very interesting, but none of that is a guarantee for any breakthrough that applies to life after the trip. Yeah sometimes people try to force ego death, OOBE / near-death or rebirth type and other mystical experiences... but they are IMO not to be confused with making some sort of spiritual progress, maturing as a human being. Even if they sometimes do happen together or produce each other (which is probably why they are confused).

On the other hand, we can consider our state of consciousness always in some way altered, it is rare to be in an absolutely native mode of being. Pure baseline is an abstract idea. But, I'd say that for me mescaline can make my feel like my purest and most basic self, and indeed worries, the drive of strong desires, confusion etc can be dissolved for me then. It is why I think mescaline is so worthwhile and special, I have gotten similar results from other psychedelics or going on a buddhist retreat. ++++ type experiences cannot be forced and sometimes just happen when you are ready for it or other unknown reasons. And I wanna remind you that ++++ is supposed to stand for meaningful transformative experiences, not intense trips - again something that people apparently easily confuse.
I'd say that transformations often happen through unusually unaltered states of consciousness, if you know what I mean... but a sort of clarity instead. (In my experience making such steps in spiritual progress can make a person temporarily feel very enlightened, but for most people it is unabiding and just shows to be one of many steps. For me that is always a lesson in humility, how powerful and valuable the steps may be. I personally feel good not being in any particular hurry - let us just develop how we do.)

I think these are all different ways to experience life and our selves, and whether you call it spiritual depends on how you look at it or feel about it. I'm glad for you that you had such a wonderful effect! And hopefully you are having or have had a great stay here in the NL. <3