• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants is this a road worth taking?

AbsoluteZero

Bluelighter
I'm currently at a crossroads but I need some advice on where to start...

So I've been doing meth (smoking) on and off for the past 5 years but now I'm really starting to get sick of it. Don't get me wrong I like the high but the people I have to deal with to acquire it, quality consistantsy and prices have made me seek other alternatives.

I've been looking into pharmaceutical amphetamines and it looks promising. To be sure what I'm getting into I'd like anybody to share what the high is like? How long does it last? And is there a hard come down?

Also which of these would be best suited for me:
Dexedrine?
Adderall?
Concerta?

My experience with Dexedrine is that it is hard to get from hyper-focussed / hyper-alert to fucked-up high even at high doses. But then again I have ADHD. I’ve never experienced a comedown or withdrawal from it. The feeling is super clean and sharp without the sketchiness and spunness of meth - but also without any real euphoria or pro-sexual effects. I know others here have got a lot more out of it than me though.

My experience with Dexedrine is that it is hard to get from hyper-focussed / hyper-alert to fucked-up high even at high doses. But then again I have ADHD. I’ve never experienced a comedown or withdrawal from it. The feeling is super clean and sharp without the sketchiness and spunness of meth - but also without any real euphoria or pro-sexual effects. I know others here have got a lot more out of it than me though.

I like the sound of it already. Does it put you in a OCD mindset? I get like that with meth but mixed in is the sketchiness and it's a pain in the ass!

Dextroamphetamine and Adderall (75%dex/25%levo amphetamine) are quite similar to meth, almost the same, but just significantly less euphoric. There is some euphoria to it in higher doses but tolerance to the euphoria builds quickly. High is generally like 5-6 hours, unless you take the extended release which is more like 8-10 hours. The comedown isn't that harsh compared to meth, mainly just residual stimulation and theres no real depression on the comedown. The levoamphetamine in adderall gives it a kind of a calming effect to it (at least for me).

Definitely much less destructive compared to meth, but you're not going to get the rush like you did from smoking it. You can snort it, though.

I love adderall for work and productivity... but yeah it's not meth. It's really not that addictive for me, but then again I'm really a downer kinda guy. It can be addictive if you love stims.

It's not THAT abusable either (speaking for myself). I never took more than 40-50mg. I had a script for awhile.

Last edited:
Does it put you in a OCD mindset? I get like that with meth but mixed in is the sketchiness and it's a pain in the ass!

It makes me focus on a single work task for hours without taking a break - so pretty much yeah on the OCD. But you have much more awareness and control of it than you do with meth.

Oh and also, if you are prone to marathon masturbation sessions adderall also had that effect on me (albeit just not as crazy)

Oh and also, if you are prone to marathon masturbation sessions adderall also had that effect on me (albeit just not as crazy)
I’ll counter that by reporting dexamfetamine makes me cum super fast (on meth on other hand it can take days). Weird that such similar drugs have completely different effects in this regard.

It makes me focus on a single work task for hours without taking a break - so pretty much yeah on the OCD. But you have much more awareness and control of it than you do with meth.

My focus on physical tasks is great but when it comes to theory tasks I get distracted easy and just keep getting distracted, by the sounds of what the effects are like Dexes might actually sort a few problems out that I don't bother to realise are actually problems.

My focus on physical tasks is great but when it comes to theory tasks I get distracted easy and just keep getting distracted, by the sounds of what the effects are like Dexes might actually sort a few problems out that I don't bother to realise are actually problems.
If you have ADHD you’ll only need quite small doses to get beneficial effect. Between 10-30 mg a day. Also if you have ADHD tolerance does not really build up.

I’ll counter that by reporting dexamfetamine makes me cum super fast (on meth on other hand it can take days). Weird that such similar drugs have completely different effects in this regard.
Meth makes me pre cum like crazy. Like my dick sprung a leak. Lol

I find d-amp preferable to meth for productivity and focus. I can't really compare the 'high' though as that's not something I've ever experienced on any kind of stim.

I find d-amp preferable to meth for productivity and focus. I can't really compare the 'high' though as that's not something I've ever experienced on any kind of stim.

Wait, are you saying that you never even tried to get properly high or that you tried but it didn't happen and you decided you were not willing to take even more?

Wait, are you saying that you never even tried to get properly high or that you tried but it didn't happen and you decided you were not willing to take even more?

Oh I've tried plenty, in lots of different ways over many years. Very high doses put me to sleep/knock me out. Quite a few folks can't experience 'euphoria' or a high, it's not that uncommon. The drugs still make me feel great and are just as addictive as for anyone else I imagine.

Why not look into RCs? Hexen vaped is more/as euphoric as meth and costs a whole lot less. Eutylone also is nice. Or maybe you'll prefer the pyros, such as a-PHP ! :)
I know sourcing is forbidden... [mod edit: precisely, so please don't do that again Gaffy]

I'm currently at a crossroads but I need some advice on where to start...

So I've been doing meth (smoking) on and off for the past 5 years but now I'm really starting to get sick of it. Don't get me wrong I like the high but the people I have to deal with to acquire it, quality consistantsy and prices have made me seek other alternatives.

I've been looking into pharmaceutical amphetamines and it looks promising. To be sure what I'm getting into I'd like anybody to share what the high is like? How long does it last? And is there a hard come down?

Also which of these would be best suited for me:
Dexedrine?
Adderall?
Concerta?

Last edited by a moderator:
I struggled controlling my script usage.

As in literally every time I got it LOL. There were some weeks maybe here and there I was zombied out and it wasn't my proudest times. But in a way I would say that other addictions have far worse consequences (for most of the population). Adderall is known as a soft narcotic... and I think it's a bit stronger than that.

I wouldn't recommend adderall addiction/stimulant pill addiction but I wouldn't assert that it will ruin your life (like I'd say with meth or heroin). Of course though, like any addiction you will have very bad days if you make errors in judgement of how much you use.

pills can become a very expensive habit, adderall is like meth with no personality. I ran into a crackhead one time who sold me a bottle of 30mg xr's for 20 bucks....