• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is there even a way to take Kratom that doesn't make you gag?

CertainShadeOfGrey

Greenlighter
Long story--I deal with chronic pain. I've got fibromyalgia, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis (primarily in my back and knees), and severe scoliosis. Basically I have won the genetic lottery of shitty health problems. I'm disabled from this, finally won my SSDI case a couple years back. So SSDI means I'm pretty broke financially too.

Long story somewhat shorter, after months of fighting to get into a new pain management clinic after my old one shut down with 0 notice (25,000+ patients left without access to their meds overnight, look up "Seattle Pain Center shut down") I'm in one again.

...And the bastards have tapered me down to 2 oxy a day ("3 every other day," said the doctor with a smile, "you just need to learn to manage better!"), leaving me with a majority of my days in pain. I'm lucky if I can cook a meal or take a shower; I've had to quit anything that I did for the joy of doing something other than lie in bed all day, every day. This is not withdrawal, it's pure pain, and it's been 2+ months now.

And after 3 years of the same medication the resistance is high--and I have no choice because when I asked to change they put me on the morphine equivalent of a half dose (of dilaudid) of what I'm on now, at 2x a day. It's insane. These people are all insane. And they all treat me like an addict, not a legitimate patient. It's infuriating.

I'm not even allowed to take cbd capsules or smoke medically even though I have a card and MJ is legal in my state. This shit clinic forbids it in their contract. The only thing I have to try and help myself LIVE is Kratom (because they don't test for it and I damn well don't tell them about it.)

Problem is, Kratom tastes horrible. Toss and wash is basically toss and barf with me. I have SUPER sensitive taste. So far the only way I have found to get it down is to mix it in vast quantities of mango flavored orange juice, and I can't get enough in me to do much about the pain for long. (I'm also diabetic so I'm slowly murdering myself with nasty orange juice every time, the sugar content makes me instantly sick...) I don't know if I'm taking the wrong strain, not enough, or what, but I'm desperate to find a way to make this Kratom stuff work for me. It's the only alternative I seem to have anymore, and I can't afford to buy tons of the capsules--its gotta be done the hard way.

Any advice for a desperate, painful, cranky lady?

You can fold up to a couple grams inside a square of toilet paper and then swallow it down with water, juice or whatever. No need to taste the Kratom at all.

Last edited:
I don't think you could be treated with Kratom, not if you have chronic pain such as those you have disclosed. I'm really sorry to hear your doctors have been treating you differently based on their thoughts you are an addict searching for a better high, so to speak. There shouldn't be any restrictions whatsoever based on what they have already diagnosed.

Longer lasting opioids in combination with anti inflammatories should be a good start in my opinion. And indeed, MJ as well since it has been pretty effective for those with chronic pains. I don't know how it functions in your area/state. Is there any possible ways you can search for medical help in any other place?

You can fold up to a couple grams inside a square of toilet paper and then swallow it down with water, juice or whatever. No need to taste the Kratom at all.

This is exactly what I do. A few grams in each piece of toilet paper and no problems at all. Pre-capped is too expensive and capping yourself isn't worth the hassle when parachuting it solves the problem. No need to mess around with all that revolting toss and wash business. I did it twice and BARELY didn't puke both times.

Does it really work for pain? I have never used Kratom never felt like ordering. I figured that being on stronger opiates would cancel whatever Kratom does to you.

^^ Yes it works for pain. Simply taking it at a low dose and dialing it up, can work. Kratom is IMO, more of a taper medication, based on the medicinal effect profile.

It works great if properly used.

And it's legal, in most states I assume. I wonder why Kratom is okay and MJ is not, in terms of being broadly legalized - especially if it can be used as a relief to those trying to come off of harder opiates or deal with pain itself.

And it's legal, in most states I assume. I wonder why Kratom is okay and MJ is not, in terms of being broadly legalized...

it think that's largely due to Kratom's relative obscurity in our Occidental nations and stations

Last edited:
Kratom works great for pain, it is an all around health tonic as far as I concerned. It also self moderates itself because you can literally only eat so much...plus it has some mixed agonist/antagonist properties thrown in to keep tolerance at bay....and even some NMDA activity to boot.

Yeah man the fuk up!, only joking lol I had trouble taking that (when I could get it that is) your best bet is probably either kratom tea or and this was my personal favourite potenially secret and sacred recepie... the mixing of water, Kratom and..... dilute such as orange or blackcurrent that you mix with water should also enhance it to.

your welcome people! 10/10 contribution from MR.GIGGLES AGAIN!

"slaps with glove" I challenge you to a duel!^ whoever wins has the biggest dick

Kratom tea is pretty gnarly tasting at first, but in my experience, one can learn to like it not unlike coffee or alcohol. I absolutely hated the taste at first, now I find myself enjoying it. I like to sip it.

Poppy Tea, on the other hand, seemed to get harder and harder to drink for me. It eventually got to the point where the slightest whiff of smell of brewed poppy tea would cause me to vomit.

Kratom FTW

Kratom tea is pretty gnarly tasting at first, but in my experience, one can learn to like it not unlike coffee or alcohol. I absolutely hated the taste at first, now I find myself enjoying it. I like to sip it.

Poppy Tea, on the other hand, seemed to get harder and harder to drink for me. It eventually got to the point where the slightest whiff of smell of brewed poppy tea would cause me to vomit.

Kratom FTW

I wish i still had a source

mix with yogurt, ingest, repeat.

Need a lot of yogurt for big doses but with doses of 1-4 grams it is a very do-able process.

I'm curious as to what even Keaton is, is it an opiate ? Is it legal in the U.K. ?

I'm curious as to what even Keaton is, is it an opiate ? Is it legal in the U.K. ?

It has about a dozen alkoloids in it. Mostly U-opioid type alkoloids, so basically a mild-moderate opioid. Many find it safer and more plausible to traditional narcotics.

Legal pretty much anywhere. For now.

Have you tried eating like yogurt or something after. i find the protein helps me keep stuff down when i get that sour taste like ima gag i just take a spoon full