Site Feedback Is there anyway to make bluelight more secure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korn3x

Bluelighter
Title is kind of confusing, but let me explain:

Is there anyway that we can make it so that people don't know what we're talking about as much? Like using a set of "code" words to talk about substances or various things without drawing as much attention to the topic? Even though bluelight helps a lot of people out, i wish there was a way that we could hide "sensitive" material from the average browser, such as posts about DXM, PPT, bath salts, jwh, p mills, or talking about extractions that are available. I feel like all the talk about it will eventually get everything shut down and we won't be able to obtain certain products anymore.

Maybe if BL makes an early stand, other forums may follow as well and it may slow down the time it takes for different products to be outlawed. i know the media doesn't help any, but maybe if random google searches didn't bring up as many hits for some of the more "sensitive" materials, it could help on a small scale?

idk just a thought..

That would actually work against our stated goals. We know people will use these drugs - legal or not - and our goal is to reduce the amount of harm they might do to themselves or others by educating them. Often this comes from members sharing their experiences and what went wrong, what went right, etc. So, the public discussion of these things is really what we're about. We kinda figure anyone of these 'average browsers' who could get thrown off by any such code is likely to miss the information they so desperately need. On the flipside, anyone looking to outlaw a substance will quickly crack any such code, making it seem silly and still getting what they want to know for their purposes as well. :\

Oi, major shout out to G'-ville. Born and raised...mo'fo. Go Gators.

^^
i also thought of that too but forgot to put it in my first post. what i meant was that most of the site would still be open to the average viewer, especially information about OD's, dosages, etc., but only stuff on the more "sensitive" information would be hidden (such as a post that mentioned a possible extractions for DMT could be flagged as "sensitive" information, and maybe specific posts like that could be "invisible" to the average person browsing?)

and yes as always, Go Gators.

^How would you know the difference between the members? Just because someone has been around a while doesnt mean they arent LE or someone else trying to find the exact info you're talking about encoding.

^^
yes yes i understand, but what i meant was that it might overall get somewhat less publicity, therefore maybe it won't make it to the media or something. if law enforcement wants to find it they'll find it, and i'm sure they also work with chemists and know what's up as well to an extent, but it's the media i'm mostly worried about. once the media gets it then law enforcement is forced to speed up their tactics at finding a solution to the problem, such as what happened with salvia, jwh, and soon enough it will be bath salts. next thing u know they start banning certain roots and plants that are useful for extractions.

it was just a small suggestion that won't likely take place.. just thought i could keep America a little more "free".

I failed, i know. :(

If it makes you feel any better, I dont think the media has any particular interest in us here. :) And I dont think thats going to change. If they really wanted to, they've had plenty of opportunity in the past.

it was just an idea that popped in SWIM's mind the other day while swimming in the pool, so SWIM thought that it might help SWIM still be able to obtain certain things in the future for SWIM.

You mark something as "sensitive", etc. you're going to be bringing it more attention. There's no way to implement what you're talking about.

^^
i understand my idea isn't very plausible. twas just something that came in my mind while enjoying a few chemicals. tis all lol.

mods may feel free to close this thread whenever they wish.

^Will do. Thanks for the idea. :) Even if they do get turned down we do like hearing peoples ideas and what they have to say, so keep them coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.