• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Is there anything that can aid me during the waiting phase between going from heroin to buprenorphine; or anything to help withdrawals in general?

No, and I was kind of concerned about that at the time - was worried i was just kicking the can down the road, but I reasoned that it was a hell of a lot cheaper than trying to taper off smack. I really think I'm an outlier, because everyone I know or have heard of who is addicted to kratom is someone who switched to kratom to kick harder opiates - they just switched one addiction for another. I really expected that to happen to me too, but I think i got really lucky.

This was about 6 years back, and I still take kratom regularly, but not daily. I go a couple of days a week without just because it's something I'm very conscious of, and I want to do constant self checks and make sure I'm not in denial about anything - and the days I don't take it are fine. I'm a little jumpy on the 2nd day, like when you drink coffee every day and then stop suddenly, but by the 3rd day that's easing up. Over christmas I had the flu really badly for about 3 weeks, and just didn't feel like choking down that awful-tasting kratom, so I went without for at least 2 weeks straight. No problem.

I think it's really, really odd that kratom should be so variable like this. It seems to defy everythiung I thought we knew about addiction - I know that with some drugs, there are people who become dependent on them much more easily than others, and that sometimes people don't become dependent at all.... but dependency and addiction are not the same thing; I don't understand how it's possible for some people to become actually, physically addicted to kratom and other people not, no matter how much they take or how long they take it. From what I thought I knew about addiction, I would have thought that's impossible.
Hi I'm going to rehab and whilst there I'm starting on Subroxone.really hoping to kick my addic

I kicked a 2-year daily habit some years back clean, overnight, with just kratom. I started with 13 grams of it the first day, by the 3rd day I was down to 9, within a week or so I had it down to 5 or 6. It took several weeks before I could cut the kratom completely without the withdrawal coming back, but for those first few weeks, kratom lept almost all the withdrawals completely at bay - not necessarily gone (at least the first few days), but definitely manageable and tolerable.
I know I am a few months late to this response but if you see my reply, would you be able to let me know which strain of Kratom you used? I seem to remember reading that Red Bali is the best for opiate withdrawals but I aren't sure. (I relapsed again but it's only been about 2-3 weeks, not too long + I still only smoke the stuff & plan to get back onto buprenorphine very soon as the heroin habit is costing me too much £££.)

If you could share which strain of Kratom is was that you used then it would be greatly appreciated - thanks!🌞

The strain doesn't matter as much as the quality of the brand. The reds are supposed to be the best for opioid effects, but my experience has been that some brands of red are much worse than other brands of green. I think it's mostly about how fresh it is.

The strain doesn't matter as much as the quality of the brand. The reds are supposed to be the best for opioid effects, but my experience has been that some brands of red are much worse than other brands of green. I think it's mostly about how fresh it is.
Ah right, thanks dude! I appreciate the info! I'll do a little bit of digging myself but I'll also take into account what you've just said. I'll try and find myself a reputable website for Kratom and buy it from there👍

Isn't the green strain meant to be more energising and uplifting? If so, I actually already have some of that stuff I bought a few years ago but I didn't like it as it caused me my anxiety to ramp right up. If I can help it, I'd prefer to get a strain that's more of a relaxant - like the Indica version of Kratom.

Btw, what dose do you recommend? How much of the stuff do I want to be taking for opiate withdrawals just to get me through the 24 hour mark? Just because on most websites you can buy (for cheap), a sample of about 25 grams and then the quantity goes right up and it's pretty expensive after the sample quantity. I only need enough for 1-3 doses really so I don't need much. Would you say 25 grams is enough for what I'm using it for?

Last edited:
CLONIDINE!!!!!! I have kicked using clonidine (blood pressure med, but used off-label for withdrawal), and Gabapentin only. And on that combo I actually slept, a fucking miracle. Not 12 hours, but maybe 4 or 5?! The Clonidine took all the sweating and chills away, AND the fucking restlessness. Good Luck:cool:

CLONIDINE!!!!!! I have kicked using clonidine (blood pressure med, but used off-label for withdrawal), and Gabapentin only. And on that combo I actually slept, a fucking miracle. Not 12 hours, but maybe 4 or 5?! The Clonidine took all the sweating and chills away, AND the fucking restlessness. Good Luck:cool:
I've had a look and it doesn't look like that's something readily available in the UK. Maybe in the US it's readily available over the counter but in the UK it is not unfortunately:/

Edit: Yeah I've been looking around and I can't really find it anywhere online. Is it available over the counter in the US?

Last edited:
I've had a look and it doesn't look like that's something readily available in the UK. Maybe in the US it's readily available over the counter but in the UK it is not unfortunately:/

Edit: Yeah I've been looking around and I can't really find it anywhere online. Is it available over the counter in the US?
No, not over the counter. Do you have like a primary care doctor over there? Not sure how your health system works. In order to get a script, you would have to say
you are suffering from terrible restless leg syndrome, a real thing. My script is only for 0.1mg. I learned the hard way not to fucking take more, thinking more would make me feel better quicker. If you can get it, take it as prescribed. Every 8 hours, a bit longer if you can. Then when it kicks in about 30-40 minutes later, you really feel the relief. I hope you find something. Although sometimes the worst withdrawals are the ones you remember when you want to indulge again. But I have memory issues and I never seem to hold onto those thoughts for some strange reason?:unsure::cool: