• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is there any way to have drive and motivation in life.....with out doing meth?

Hugs For Drugs

Bluelighter
I have no motivation in life sometimes

And I can't just get all twakced out and go do my daily errands, and get stuff done...that's not my goal

Has Anyone here found an alternative to meth that give you motivation and drive to pursue your life goals?

Let me know

Since sadly we junkies can be tough to love and deal with ,People who accept us and love us for who we are in pure form deserve something more then 23yr old nobody noding week to week or twiching and being insane for days... Then i start to wonder if im toxic for those People that i love :( and that nasty question is motivating me , becouse i dont want to BE toxic to People that i love ...

This one might be sad one , but what about love ? Relationship or friendship , for pure love you want to improve yourself and grow for yourself and People you love 🤘🤘❤️
Absolutely. Having a good support system with friends and loved ones, a good partner. Those things are so important to life. The partner is more optional but still an incredible thing to experience if you love someone deeply.

The process of getting off of crystal meth is extremely depressing and hard to go through psychologically. It’s the most psychologically addictive drug out of all the main big drugs on the street these days. People often say otherwise around these parts, because that ratio of psychological addiction is so strong compared to other drugs.. but it is physically addictive as well. Anyone who tells you otherwise is confused on how something that physically causes demyelination of your neurons, strips the white matter right off your neurons so to speak. How the fuck is that NOT a physical drug just because that damage is to a neuronal level and appears psychological in its affect?

Meth you will also go through hell wanting to sleep, can’t think, depression, weigh 3x your actual weight, diarrhea, etc. malnourished and damaged from the physical damage. Or, it can make you up and awake and going fucking crazy for days even after stopping. It’s a bizarre, mixed bag that I have experienced with this drug. A couple times I just felt fine like I’d done nothing at all and just resumed life for awhile.

Be very mindful how you consume this drug, and aware of the effects in withdrawal, both mental AND physical. Be kind to yourself. Push through. It can be done. Quitting.

Get supports wherever you can as you deal with the chaos of this life. Love and support is very important. Especially for someone who probably doesn’t feel very well, happy, and might not be capable of feeling good for awhile quitting meth. We’re all here, for instance. This is a good site.

Maybe you'd benefit from ADHD meds. Or maybe not. I find the effect of amphetamines and particularly methylphenidate to be mixed.

Yes. Find a job you enjoy doing, even if it doesn’t pay well. Find sober friends. Exercise. Eat healthy. Get proper sleep. Drink good coffee. You will eventually find yourself in this positive, rewarding routine that motivates and stimulates you. I would avoid sexual relationships for the time being. Chances are that can end badly and cause depression and/or relapse.

One of the easiest things to do is to simply eat well. It doesn't have to be some kind of strict diet-- just eat high-quality food every day and not in excess.

Life's too short to be eating crap.

Sure, any psychologist will tell you that it is essential to force ourselves out of our comfort zones and do things that we don’t enjoy doing in order to experience personal growth, but life can be rather enjoyable otherwise as a result. It’s where your mindset is currently at that determines how you handle the lows when not experiencing the highs.

This is where I believe in counselling, therapy, and being around good people.

Be honest with yourself, it will be tough, but rewarding.

Find someone that knows alot about supplementation, exercise and training.

Its gonna be hard, but that's what makes the reward SOOOO much better.

Be selfish for abit, focus on yourself. It's ok to say no to thing you dont want to do.

Read, CBT is a huge help for many, maybe look into that.

Be happy, healthy and safe!

We are all rooting for you!

I quit meth using white vein kratom. At low dose it's a really good MENTAL stimulant and pumps me up to get some work done or hit the weights.

It also has great synergy with coffee and can give you a decent boost which, for me at least, has been a satisfactory substitute for the "rush" brought on by hitting the pipe. I'm no expert on Kratom and know plenty of people have different experiences, but it's a reasonably priced option to consider.

Alternatively buy a good preworkout, do regular physical exercise, eat clean and drink plenty of water and try to get 6-10hrs sleep daily.

I have no motivation in life sometimes

And I can't just get all twakced out and go do my daily errands, and get stuff done...that's not my goal

Has Anyone here found an alternative to meth that give you motivation and drive to pursue your life goals?

Let me know
I know this feeling. Ill let you know when I've figured it out. It's harder to solve than a rubix cube and stuff yknow..

Working out daily is a tremendous help in balancing out your mood, increasing your energy levels and feeling motivated.

Besides that, finding something that you love to be your life goal (for work preferably, or at least as a hobby) helps tremendously, too.

It takes work and strength. I think about life as investment in myself. If I spend my whole paycheck every week, well I'm never going anywhere. If I keep going to the well without allowing time, it will ho dry.

If I invest a little in myself and don't just "use" every advantage i get as it comes, I might start by saving 50 bucks. Then I get used to living without thay 50 every week. Then maybe I get crazy and decide to push myself and save an[ther 50.

Soon you have enough "saved" that you feel proud of it. It's not gonna feel as good as meth, but you keep investing and your previous investment will carry you.

You take pride in the money, yourself and your strength. You give it time and you don't give in to the temptation. To just spend your savings.

It is longer and more complicated, but you can exist in a state I. Which you are happy with yourself, your actions and your life without needing meth. If you just high everything life shows you it's teeth you will never grow and that is what you need.

I believe the person you want to be is in there @Hugs For Drugs

Re-reading this, I notice all of the typoes. I was on my break trying to lightning text this out on my phone. I hope the message still makes sense.

Last edited: