• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is there a way to avoid the munchies from weed?

gram696969

Bluelighter
Title says it all, is there any way to avoid munchies when you smoke weed? Aside from just not smoking weed that is. I love my weed, but lately the munchies just arent worth it and last for hours and even into the next day sometimes even if I`m dead sober

I know it's weird but if ya hungry naturally. Smoke some weed and ya appetite may also be pushed further. Have never been able to eat within an hour of a bong. I use to do a sport which meant I had to be light. While in between drug tests Id use weed to help loose weight. Worth a try.

I thought you smoked 24/7 haha, you still get strong munchies? Tolerance usually decreases that side effect, at least for me.

But yeah I don't see it as a significant issue, just enjoy your food. If that makes you concerned about your weight I believe the best solution is to munch on healthy stuff and start exercising.

Smoking after a nice meal (or just before, so it tastes batter) is a good solution too.

Edit: did you say it happens when sober as well? Doesn't seem like classic weed munchies to me. You sure you're eating enough? I ate a lot when I was your age, cause I was still growing and shit

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that is right. You are 17. Eat man. All day. You are still growing. Literally 17-20 or so was like my 2nd growth spurt where I put on the weight after my 1st.

Would imagine you would have the same hunger if not more if you didn't smoke from the start. Now that you are a stoner, its too late. Can't say I had withdrawals from weed when I was 17, but definitely wouldn't eat right or sleep that day. If you quit for like a week you will be pretty much reset again (maybe 2 weeks).

Last edited:
I used to get so high that I couldn't even eat one potato chip, the sensation of chewing was so foreign that I could barely get anything down.

If you're having weight issues then get some healthy food to eat when you get the munchies. Buy some celery sticks, baby carrots, cucumbers and really low calorie dipping sauce.