• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Is there a cross tolerance between Gabapentin and Fiorcet?

Jones_Town

Greenlighter
Fiorcet is a combination of acetaminophen, Caffeine, and Barbutial. Barbutial is a barbituate and from what I know barbituates work on gaba receptors.

For the last two days I've been taking large amounts of Fiorcet to get a benzo like high. Today I came across a large amount of Gabapentin. I've taken gabbies before and always got fucked up on them but this time I didn't feel a thing.

I know Gabapentin has something to do with the gaba receptors too.

The questions in the title, is there a cross tolerance between Gabapentin and Fiorcet?

Google had no information on this topic so I had to ask. Btw this is my first post!

So yes, cross tolerance. Butalbital shouldn’t take too long to get out of your system, so perhaps wait a day or two, and go without the butalbital, before trying GBP again.

^^^ I didn't follow scoots link but from experience I'm well aquainted with both medications you inquire about. But the dif is I never used them with intent to get high.

What dose gabapentin did you try ?

It doesn't say anything about cross tolerance. That link is only talking about interactions.

I know this is a ridiculous dose but I took 4100mg...You won't feel anything if you take Gabapentin everyday. Tolerance builds up quickly.

Did you take that large gabapentin dose all in one dose? It has a ceiling effect. After about 1500-1800 all in one dose, no more is taken up by the receptor. It acts like an amino acid. 4000 mg taken in 300-400 mg doses throughout a day should be noticeable.
Perhaps there's a cross tolerance after all. Just dunno.

^^ my dose was split in half within 4 hours of each dosing. I usually feel the effects STRONG when taken like that (orally). I usually get a strong anti anxiety feeling (extremely sociable, lowered inhibitions), sedation, mood lift, dizziness, muscle relaxation, and very uncoordinated (knocking shit over and stumbling).
A little background: I don't take Gabapentin everyday. I get prescribed 300mg 4x a day and usually finish the bottle within the first week and then I do without them until the next month when I refill my script.

Since taking Fiorcet I have had little to no effects that I described above from the Gabapentin. I'm thinking there must be a cross tolerance. It would only make sense.