• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Is no nausea normal?

Opiatedbambi

Greenlighter
Some background info: I'm 19 and have been using iv heroin pretty regularly for almost a year now. Before that I would abuse pharmaceuticals, but at this point have ditched any opiate pharms pretty much all together. I used to be really careful about making sure to have sober days so I wouldn't get dependent, but the last couple of months I've stupidly had an idgaf attitude and have been using daily.

I am currently in wd (my best friend is also, and we pretty much have the same symptoms.) I am not purposefully trying to get clean, I am just currently visiting my parents and don't have much access to drugs here anymore so for the time being this is kinda unavoidable. It's currently Friday and the last time I used was on Wednesday. This is not the first time I wd and every time my symptoms include anxiety, insomnia, fever, restless leg syndrome, intense lower back pain, also muscle join and bone pain, diahrea and depression. Is it really possible for someone to not get nausea or any of those other physical symptoms? I have never once experience nausea and believe me I'm thankful for that, but I'm just curious.

The worst symptom for me has to be the lower back pain. My legs and arms will hurt all day, but once night comes I can be extremely exhausted but as soon as I try to sleep here comes the back pain. I never had any injury or previous pain before so I would pretty much just use recreationally. I have tried otc painkillers like ibuprofen, Tylenol, aleve etc. and none of them work for me whatsoever. Doesn't even begin to dull the pain. These past two nights I've probably gotten a total of like three hours of sleep. Any advice for the back pain? It's pretty unbearable. And just any advice for my other symptoms too would also be very helpful, thanks

Some people don't get nausea from WDs so yes, this is normal. Pretty sure it depends on what and how much you use because when I got the milder WDs from hydrocodone there was no nausea.. But coming off bupe or heroin I got a little queasy. It's different for everyone

Do you have access to any comfort meds? See if your folks have any gabapentin (neurontin) cause that will help the restless body feeling. Benzos like xanax or valium for anxiety and insomnia, and I'm sure you already know about immodium. Good luck and feel better <3

Ya benzos are a godsend along with some bud if you can afford it. If you don't have benzos go for some gabapentin as stated by sluttypeach, 300mg should really help out with the back pain at night, at least it does for me outside of withdrawal (i get backpain from skating) so i would assume it also works within withdrawal.

imagine if you had been using like this for years tho, how bad the wd's would be... hopefully that serves as a deterrent

Also take a hot shower letting the water rain down on your aching part of your back or better yet soak in the tub with added Epsom salt It will offer relief!

Yea, I never used to get nausea, like never. However, there was this one time when all the W/D symptoms just hit me so hard it was truly scary. As usual, I had constant diarrhea and once while sitting because I had to right that second, here comes some projectile vomiting that would rival any movie scene! The real bitch of the whole thing was after getting up, I had to spend close to an hour cleaning up the bathroom (and doing laundry), which obviously was beyond gross! Luckily, I haven't had to deal with W/D's recently because I have a plan in place so I never run out. I sure know what you're going through and I hope the worst of it passes soon. Sorry if I grossed anyone out. W/D's are a bitch!