• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Is natural tolerance a thing?

barelysane

Greenlighter
I'm a 19 year old female and I've been using heroin IV on and off for about two years. I used pills heavily for about four years before that, to the point of physical dependency. To be straight up for the most part I don't use heroin for more than a couple days a time because I didn't want to end up physically dependent or building up a tolerance. That being said, I feel like it takes me a lot more than it should to get high. I won't go into specific amounts but stuff that dealers have told me to "be careful with" I've continued to use in pretty decent sized amounts and haven't ODed or anything. I live in Boston and most of the stuff around here is pretty decent quality. I'm also a pretty average sized person like 5'7' and 140 pounds. I'm still able to get high it just takes a lot more than it seems like it should for someone trying to keep my tolerance low. I figure I just naturally have a pretty high tolerance, but I know that attitude could be dangerous if I end up taking too much of something stronger than expected.

In answer specifically to your question, everyone has different levels of tolerance to drugs, yes.

You say you don't use heroin for more than a couple days at a time, but you don't say how often you do that. I suspect you my have developed a fair bit of tolerance.

But regardless, you would expect some people to be outliers in terms of what they get from an equivalent dose. Still be careful though, especially with the fent issue cropping up so often.

If you've been using opiates for 6 years then there is nothing natural about your tolerance. When people talk about natural tolerance its generally concerning drugs to which they are still naive, like someone who has never taken opiates not getting a buzz off 10-15mg of hydrocodone. Once your dosing points of heroin at a time it is no longer relevant. I do know dealers will say that shit all the time just to make there product look better, its salesmanship, and with you I am sure there is some misogyny mixed in.(because you are a girl you can't handle your shit)

Do you IV or are you still snorting it? If the latter, it's fairly difficult to OD on heroin when snorting it, unless you get a batch made with fent which isn't mixed well.

^ Yep

H is inconsistent to begin with, you can always take more, pretty much never less...

I always felt, being average l, or even quite thin at times, my ability (if you call it that) to consume drugs, and drink anyone under the table ;) (when I was young, and I only drank occasionally!) were certainly "outliers ", for lack of a better term. Makes it harder / more expensive, doesn't it?

Yea this ain't natural tolerance. Even intermittent use will raise tolerance over time. Also as the other person said, dealers always say that.. In fact the best dope comes from dealers who would never say that.

When I was at the top of my game 10yrs ago, dealing with high end folks getting as pure as it gets heroin they'd never say that shit for two reasons. 1) If your dealing with these types and you can't handle your shit you'll be excommunicated or worse real quick. 2) It's always the same purity, as pure as it gets, so there's no need to warn of variations.

I'd guess your looking at both a slight tolerance from years of intermittent use along with dealers talking their usual dealer shit.

-GC