• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is my age a factor?

1nanny

Greenlighter
Can WHO or Dea force my pain Dr to start tapering me off my methadone and hydromorphone. ? Been taking them for pain for many years. I'm 68 now.

They don't care about your age.

I read years ago that the Hmong tribesmen, the opium producers in Laos, didn't really put up with opium addiction. However, when a person got old, they were allowed to take to the pipe. Sounds good.

The WHO as in World Health Organization?
They won’t take an interest in what you’re prescribed or the legality.

Can WHO or Dea force my pain Dr to start tapering me off my methadone and hydromorphone. ? Been taking them for pain for many years. I'm 68 now.
No your doctor is lying to you.

The DEA often threatens to arrest doctors treating pain but they have no accesss to your specific records or can tell the doctor to stop treating you out of all the other patients….so the doctor is receiving pressure from the DEA but the doctor himself is selecting you to throw to the curb.

You can attend methadone clinics. They give out probably your entire methadone script for the month on a daily basis to people doing crack and fentanyl…so it’s off your doctor is making you stop methadone while crackhead meth addicts have zero issues getting 200mg methadone per day.

Is this a pain clinic or general primary care doctor? If it’s a pain clinic I’m guessing that don’t have anymore high billing invasive procedures left to do on you and are therefor dropping you in favor of a newer patient they can butcher with high billing procedures (injections etc).

Regardless i know you’re pretty old and have probably walked the straight and narrow. But welcome to drug addict junkie world. You are now a drug addict junkie like all the other pain patients. They’ve turned you into one of us now. You have no other choice but to lie and break laws now.

In line with your new junkie identity…if you snort hudromorohone instant release it about doubles or triples the potency. So even if they cut your hydro script by 3x…if you then start snorting the scrip the effect will be the same even though the mg dosage is way less

Last edited: