• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is LSD/acid a social drug?

I would honestly hate LSD at a rave, too many mixed vibes, too fast paced and confusing. And I don't find LSD social at all past 100ug max. Fully tripping on LSD and I'm most likely to not say a sensible word until I come down. LSD always caused me to worry about others thoughts/feelings more than any other psychedelic, I'd often times spend the whole trip trying to figure out why somebody was upset with me when they clearly weren't at all. I'd get a lot of thought loops on it as well although it would never go into a bad trip, I just couldn't talk. Spent a lot of time in bathrooms staring at the tiles on the floor... Thinking...

Seems like a lot of people don't like the idea of acid at a rave. I remember thinking the same, until I tried it! I find it helps to have a few beers first about 3-4 or so and maybe smoke a little weed. Drop around 100-150mics and head out! If you're a little drunk before the LSD doesn't hit your thought process as much, you lose a bit of depth to your trip gain a more energizing body high due to the relaxed mind. Plus music sounds and feels great at loud volumes! If you get into a bit of trance whilst dancing the visuals will start syncing up with your movements! It's really cool! And as perpetualdawn said it lasts longer, and there's much less of a comedown.

It really depends what you constitute as a rave. A shitty three room club night with no chill out space and no where to escape the crowds is going to suck no matter what substance you are on. Large open space festival dedicated to drug takers is more likely to be conducive to a good time on LSD.

The whole goa scene and subsequent doof events are perfect for LSD ( or most drugs for that matter). Keep your dose low and the anxiety that crowds bring while on acid will be limited. Most large outdoor multi day events have plenty of quiet zones and interactive art installations, which are great spaces to slip away to for massages or meditation. You don't have to be balls deep in a seething dance floor to enjoy yourself. Having a sweet campsite to retire to and relax far away from the hustle and bustle is also another advantage of a festival.

A lot of your enjoyment will come down to preparation. Sensible dosing is the key though.

I think outdoor festivals constitute something entirely different from raves. I've done psychs at an outdoor music fest, it was awesome. But then again, the bands were Grateful Dead and Doors cover bands, sooo.... I really just dislike the thought of a cramped setting where they play instrument-less music. Again, I'd go to a cramped electronic setting on MDMA, because the drug forces good times. LSD, I want to be able to control my involvement, etc., because it's much more variable.

I'm sorry guys, not trying to hate; just utterly confused/wondering if people have been exposed to a wide variety of genres.

Last edited:
I prefer listening to country and country alt on acid. Some people like to eat, some people hate the whole experience no matter what. LSD is simple a tool that one users, not something that drives an experience

Rave music and was as culture has changed quite a bit in the past 10 years, and even more since the 80s. I don't think it's a fair assumption that acid is meant to be done at big festivals.

It's changed a bit, but fundamentally, it's the same deal: sound systems, DJs, electronic music, psychedelic atmosphere, dance all night, lights, psychedelic drugs. I've been raving since 1994. Fashion has changed (gotten better overall), music has changed (gotten better overall), soundsystems are better, lights are better, vibe is not as fresh since it used to be so brand new, and now it's just normal. It's more commercialized now overall, but there has always been that element, and there still remains the underground that is cool.

One Thousand Words said:
Sensible dosing is the key though.
^this

240sxLover said:
I'm sorry guys, not trying to hate; just utterly confused/wondering if people have been exposed to a wide variety of genres.

I think you just made it confusing :) You don't seem like you're trying to hate, and what makes you think people haven't been exposed to a wide variety of genres?

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether or not I would want to be on LSD at a large festival. I generally prefer to take psychedelics (or even MDMA when I used to use it) in small group settings with people I'm intimately familiar with. Sometimes I'm just a little too out of my mind on acid to be comfortable in a crowd. At 200 micrograms and up (estimated, let's be honest, no one can say for sure how much is on their blotter) I feel like interacting with me would be akin to trying to talk to a mental patient.

However, a lower dose (probably around 100 micrograms) would probably be fun. Several years ago a friend threw a huge costume party on Halloween, my three best friends and I dressed as Alex and his droogs from A Clockwork Orange. I took two hits, though I had a slight tolerance from a trip about 5 days prior. We were also smoking huge quantities of weed and doing cocaine (neither of which I partake in anymore) and it was an absolute blast!

As far as music, you'll probably enjoy whatever your favorite genres are. Everyone is different. My best friend (and tripping partner) and I always listen to Primus, Les Claypool, Pink Floyd, and Electric Wizard. My girlfriend listens to what I call her "girl music" and loves it. Whatever you enjoy will likely be enhanced.

I think you just made it confusing :) You don't seem like you're trying to hate, and what makes you think people haven't been exposed to a wide variety of genres?
I always assume if people have heard the same music I have, then they'll probably like what I like. Most people don't know many of the bands on my itunes; and in a general sense, most Americans don't listen to music that doesn't make the top 40 or play on a country station. Even classic rock stations suck a dick now. But I'm being a music elitist, that's why I'm sorry. I can't contain myself. Maybe I need to do some LSD and ponder this hahahahahah. If only it was available still...

^and theacidtest, that sounds like the coolest Halloween party ever. I can only hope to ever attend such a gathering hahah!

I always assume if people have heard the same music I have, then they'll probably like what I like. Most people don't know many of the bands on my itunes; and in a general sense, most Americans don't listen to music that doesn't make the top 40 or play on a country station. Even classic rock stations suck a dick now. But I'm being a music elitist, that's why I'm sorry. I can't contain myself. Maybe I need to do some LSD and ponder this hahahahahah. If only it was available still...

^and theacidtest, that sounds like the coolest Halloween party ever. I can only hope to ever attend such a gathering hahah!

I know what you mean about being a music "elitist" as I'm much the same way. I think that's one reason I like doing psychedelics in a more private and controlled environment. Music is such a large part of the experience for me, I just can't imagine having no input regarding what we're listening to. While I enjoy a wide variety of genres, there are several artists that just mesh so well (for me) with the psychedelic experience it's hard to imagine not making that a part of the trip.

^Indeed, I want control over my sensory inputs on trips, and enjoy listening to vinyls and older music (you'll never hear anything more than a decade old at bars/clubs/raves). I'm a home tripper too. In truth I probably didn't help the OP with my answers, since he probably enjoys going out more than I.

You sound like the biggest douche-bag, chin stroker imaginable. I guarantee 70% of your itunes is nothing more than white noise and some faygo tuning his guitar.

The day Michael Jackson died my partner and I dosed and rode our bikes to the cemetery playing Wanna Be starting Something from a boombox attached to our handlebars. If I peddled any faster I would have taken off ET style.

Ma Ma Se, Ma Ma Sa, Ma Ma Coo Sa
is without a doubt the greatest lyric ever written, Top 40 or not.

^While I must agree that I am a douche-bag, and I sound like a chin stroker, I am not what you perceive me to be. I'm not into white noise or guitar tuning music. I'll just stop though, I don't know why I bothered with all this. I could have mentioned all I needed to in my first post. Oh well.

I'm not going to lie, if I drop acid, as long as I don't smoke pot, I talk to everybody. I get more social than when I do MDMA. A while back I dropped acid on campus, and just walked around all day talking to people that I've never talked to before. It was incredible considering the fact that I don't talk to anyone outside of my circle.

LSD is social in that it dissolves my boundaries and unites me with everyone around me, and dancing in a dark room to deep techno on lsd becomes a spiritually uplifting act. I find the music and environment are strong potentiators so adjust for a lighter dose than I would in a more controlled environment.

Really nothing beats raving your head off on acid in a room full of acidheads (whatever your music might be). That's some old time religion, an original eleusinian mystery.

On the other hand, making small talk with people I don't know so well in a brightly lit place is magnificently hard. Also: making decisions about where to go next, navigating shady afterparties as the acid starts to get edgy, being startled by the sudden end of the party, or god forbid getting busted by cops -- not so fun on acid.

For me it definitely is as long as U go slow (u'll still end up taking shipload probably) but if build up slowly U just have a really sunshine kind of buzz. I usually do an e or a little mandy first then wen its wearing off I do a half a tab or maybe one or something then build up through the hours. I've stayed up for days like that and out and about in bars and clubs, its controllable & the best buzz IMO, just treat it with respect. much better mixed with E IMO. Spent a year and half in barcelona doin it all the time..really good memories. U can pull on it and everything..its definitely social (for me anyway, but I know people who can't even leave the house, everyones different) I like to get pilled up or do Mandy then wen I feel like it slowly introduce the acid. you have a really nice warm laid back trip... pure cool..