View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is LSD/acid a social drug?

Cdilly93

Bluelighter
so im going to a multi-day EDM music festival and my most definitley preferred drug is MDMA, it makes the experience amazing and my favorite part about it is the social part, normally im a pretty shy and stuck up kind of guy, but when i take mdma i just walk around the crowd making friends, sharing laughs, hitting on girls and love everyone.. but obviously it would be very bad to use MDMA for consecutive days so im wondering how LSD compares in this department? because i've heard its a pretty awsome rave drug aswell.

Yes LSD is awesome for raves, it's totally social in that context. Just keep your dose tame if you're not experienced with it yet. LSD is better for raves than MDMA IMHO because it lasts longer, and MDMA feels a bit fake to me sometimes (that's really just my opinion, and I still love it too of course). Also the comedown is great for LSD and the following days you feel better too.

It won't be like MDMA where it's pure love for everyone and everything all the time, a bit more moderate and controlled in that department. Awesome for music, dancing and shits and giggles with friends.

In my opinion, LSD would be terrible for a rave. You'll be too bust being in awe of life and the oneness of the universe, sitting slack jawed on the ground. I've never wanted physical activity on LSD. LSD is all about learning and becoming one with life. Plus, if I was on LSD, I'd hate to hear EDM. I'd want vintage vinyl 60's/70's music, but that's just my opinion.

Now, something like say, 2C-C, is perfect for that setting. I feel social and antsy, ready to dance or hike on 2C-C. It doesn't inhibit my social constructs the way LSD does. LSD just obliterates reality and the ego, whereas 2C's permit a certain clarity of self and awareness.

^Have you actually done LSD at a rave 240sxLover? Cause I have, and have been doing so for almost 20 years and I can tell you that LSD is a tried and true, awesome rave drug. Not just by me, but millions of other people.

But I agree, 2C's are also awesome.

^Have you actually done LSD at a rave 240sxLover? Cause I have, and have been doing so for almost 20 years and I can tell you that LSD is a tried and true, awesome rave drug. Not just by me, but millions of other people.

But I agree, 2C's are also awesome.
I feel LSD is a drug to be respected. When I'm on it, I want to be away from society and I wana listen to real instruments, not electronic sounds. It has such a unique history, and the mental effects it produces for me are profound and beg to be away from the nastiness of society.

But I must mention, I've never been to a rave, nor done MDMA in a social context. I do like EDM, but only on empathogens, weed or booze. Psychs usually beg a more serious setting to me, away from the shallow party atmosphere. I like to trip in small group settings at home.

I'm really drunk lol. I hope this makes sense.

Even so, I feel the 2C's such as 2C-C would easily work well in a rave setting. But that expresses that I feel it's a shallow psych; whereas, LSD begs me to think deeply and lay there in awe of the universe. All the people at a rave would be distracting/unsettling.

Plus, I honestly have a negative view of humanity. I have very few friends, because I'm very hostile to anyone I don't feel "gets the program" essentially. For example, anytime someone says "The Beatles are overrated," I automatically write them off as dim, unenlightened and shallow. Makes it hard to be friends with people when you think you're smarter than them :(

I did LSD at a rave a big dose had a shit night and vowed to never use it at a rave again. Also I was an experienced Tripper so I knew what I was letting myself in for. Everyone is different though If you are going to try LSD try it in a different setting first and see how you go

anytime someone says "The Beatles are overrated," I automatically write them off as dim, unenlightened and shallow. Makes it hard to be friends with people when you think you're smarter than them :(

Haha me too.

Regarding raves and stuff, I'm sorry you've had a bad impression, but I can't blame you as there's a majority of shitty EDM out there, there always has been (well since the stuff emerged in the 80s) and always will be. But same goes for any kind of music really, you usually have to dig a bit to find the good stuff. Same for raves. Probably something like Electric Daisy Carnival would be absolutely hideous, but there is a very special underground part of the EDM culture that is pretty amazing. I hope you get to experience that some day! I suppose I'm mostly thinking about the outdoor parties in very natural settings, with super crisp and well tuned soundsystems, and kind people that care about each other. That kind of thing....

As far as LSD going better with "real" instruments than electronic ones, that's simply a matter of your personal preference, there's nothing innate about LSD that prefers one kind of sound over another. I can promise that really good music of any variety sounds absolutely amazing on LSD!!!! But unlike on MDMA, shit music still sounds shit. Musical goodness on LSD transcends categories like electronic, rock, classical, whatever...

2C's are good for raves for sure, but most of my friends who dance all night to electronic beats would pick LSD as their fave. It might be a generational or age thing too though, we're all a bit old, not the kiddies you'd see out there.

If you want my opinion... Lsd is extremely antisocial for me.It makes me even more introverted Because, think about it.When on lsd your thoughts are do weird and you're not clear headed,your thoughts are so abstract.

It's too unpredictable for me. I've had plenty of times where LSD was wonderful social enhancer. There are other trips where I was thankful I was alone because it was very intense. I've had times out in society when I most certainly should not have been out in society. This may come down to setting and my company stuff like that.

Haha me too.
2C's are good for raves for sure, but most of my friends who dance all night to electronic beats would pick LSD as their fave. It might be a generational or age thing too though, we're all a bit old, not the kiddies you'd see out there.

I don't think it's even a generational thing; I mean, I think people are ignorant. I'm only 21, but the music I listen to is older than what my dad listens to by far. My idea of a cool Christmas present was when my girlfriend's parents gave me all their old vinyls. People don't look very deep into things. Most people I meet haven't even seen a Stanley Kubrick film, under the pretense that it's old. I feel history plays a major role in the present, and so I study it; both in my spare time and as my major in college.

All this makes me sound pretentious even to my own ears. None the less, I feel like the world could use some open-mindedness. The Close-mindedness of society is what causes wars, faiths and arguments. Anyways...

That's all beside the point of this thread. In my experience, LSD isn't giving to social settings. But for others that may be different. I simply intend to warn the OP of potentially frightening experiences. Socializing with sober or non-trippers can be freaky on LSD.

a rave is not a typical social setting.
i don't consider lsd a social drug either but in not too high doses it's great for raves.
underground ones of course not the type i have been reading about in drugs in the media with security and dogs, big crowds, "star" djs etc

In my opinion, LSD would be terrible for a rave. You'll be too bust being in awe of life and the oneness of the universe, sitting slack jawed on the ground. I've never wanted physical activity on LSD. LSD is all about learning and becoming one with life. Plus, if I was on LSD, I'd hate to hear EDM. I'd want vintage vinyl 60's/70's music, but that's just my opinion.

Now, something like say, 2C-C, is perfect for that setting. I feel social and antsy, ready to dance or hike on 2C-C. It doesn't inhibit my social constructs the way LSD does. LSD just obliterates reality and the ego, whereas 2C's permit a certain clarity of self and awareness.

I feel you 100%. I've never been to a rave either but I can't see myself dropping L at anything closely resembling that. I was on it at a house party once with EDM blasting and found it to be a terrible time. Judging from that experience, I'm with you. 60s/70s vinyl is where its at imo

OP: I'm going to reiterate, LSD is a great rave drug, don't listen too much to all these naysayers cause most of them seem to not really go to raves, or are judgemental of electronic music.

If you're already comfortable at raves (sounds like you are!), but have never done LSD at one before, here are my suggestions: take a small dose, like half what you might if you were alone or having a trip with a few friends. The reason is that you don't want to be in a mind-melting state where you are questioning the very fabric of existence, you want what a lot of people on here would consider a light dose. Something like the psychedelic equivalent of 3 beers. For me a good dose range for LSD at a rave is 25-200ug, but I'd say go 50-100ug for a first try. Try to have a crew you are dosing with, cause it's always more fun to have to people on the same trip. Compared to the MDMA experience, it will be a less about walking around yakking and meeting cute girls, it will be more about the music, vibe and dancing sexy with the cute girls.

It will definitely be a good break to your brain vs. dosing MDMA every night! LSD goes on a lot longer than MDMA, so I like to do it on a big night. If you dose at 10-11pm, you'll probably be up well after the sun rises.

It's true that you might not like it, but I think you will because most people do, and you won't know until you've tried.

Lol recently I was on 200-250 micrograms of acid and my friends were all rolling and blasting EDM, that in itself was weird enough I felt like it was computer noises. Couldn't imagine being at a rave on acid, I feel like that's just asking for a panic attack. Then again I prefer doing mdma just with a few close friends and don't go to raves in general so it's different for everyone.

LSD isn't that great for raves if you aren't EXPERIENCED with it, maybe psy-trance parties where people are more nice to tripppers and might be tripping themselves. Psytrance and LSD go hand in hand and yes you CAN dance, once you move it's like it takes you over. It doesn't push you like MDMA but once you put yourself into it you can't stop and will have plenty of energy to dance much longer than MDMA. Plus LSD makes EDM sound amazing.

maybe psy-trance parties where people are more nice to tripppers and might be tripping themselves

say whaaaat? Around here I've never heard of a party where it wasn't assumed most everyone was tripping on something, and people weren't nice to trippers. You don't have to go to a psytrance party for that kind of vibe, not around here anyways! It must be totally different where you live. I guess music cultures must be pretty regionalized, even though a lot of this rave culture seems pretty global.

Psytrance and LSD go hand in hand
That's only true if you like psytrance! Personally I can't stand it, and on acid I can't stand it even more!! Different strokes for different folks though, whatever floats your boat.

The thing is, raves and electronic dance music originate from psychedelic culture. It's really weird to me that people here are doubting that acid is a good fit for raves, when raves were basically invented for acid (and MDMA). The whole cultural movement goes back to Acid House which came out of chicago and detroit in the 80s, hopped over to England where it blossomed and raves really took off. The culture then made a diaspora around the world, and has always gone hand in hand with psychedelics, with MDMA being the big one (I know, I know, we don't call MDMA a psychedelic on BL), but LSD being the close second.

Looking back even further than the emergence of rave culture, LSD has been the go-to for the big hippie festivals that were the precursors to raves, like Burning man, Glastonbury, Woodstock. Social events. Acid. Fun. PLUR!

Kids these days... 8)

Rave music and was as culture has changed quite a bit in the past 10 years, and even more since the 80s. I don't think it's a fair assumption that acid is meant to be done at big festivals.