• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ethnobotanicals Is kratom and kava safe to take together?

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
I’m unsure because I think they both increase noradrenaline and also they both use the same metabolic pathway.

Or is it safe, but just in low doses? I don’t really like lava by itself. Makes me really depressed, but all gabergics do that to me. Idk why I bought this. It was expensive and I knew it’s primarily effect but was on gaba. But I guess the rumors of euphoria tricked me.

So I want to mix it with kratom to be able to get some use out of it. Is it okay?

I was under the impression (from comparative experience and research) that kratom alkaloids may be alpha 2 adrenergic agonists and thus decrease noradrenaline. So i would think if anything kratom could counter noradrenergic side-effects. As for other aspects of this particular combo idk.

I was under the impression (from comparative experience and research) that kratom alkaloids may be alpha 2 adrenergic agonists and thus decrease noradrenaline. So i would think if anything kratom could counter noradrenergic side-effects. As for other aspects of this particular combo idk.
Ohhh…I must have misunderstood the report I read.

It’s been awhile sense I read the article and I couldn’t find it again but this I think supports what you were saying it’s just I think I misunderstood what a alpha 2 agonist does. I thought it increased norepinephrine but I guess I was wrong.

I think that doesn't say if it's agonist or antagnost so you may be right judging from that.

Will see if i can support my claim later :)

I’m unsure because I think they both increase noradrenaline and also they both use the same metabolic pathway.

Or is it safe, but just in low doses? I don’t really like lava by itself. Makes me really depressed, but all gabergics do that to me. Idk why I bought this. It was expensive and I knew it’s primarily effect but was on gaba. But I guess the rumors of euphoria tricked me.

So I want to mix it with kratom to be able to get some use out of it. Is it okay?
Anecdotally, I’ve taken both together, no issues. By “together” I mean “within the same day” but yeah. I’m dependent on kratom for mood management and pain relief and I’ve taken kava that same day, my bestie loves kava so we tried some when we were in Hawaii as it’s part of their culture. Didn’t experience any issues but I wouldn’t make a habit of it because kava is hard on the liver and kratom can be as well.

I think that doesn't say if it's agonist or antagnost so you may be right judging from that.

Will see if i can support my claim later :)
This says it activates alpha a2 so that would make it an agonist, right?

Anecdotally, I’ve taken both together, no issues. By “together” I mean “within the same day” but yeah. I’m dependent on kratom for mood management and pain relief and I’ve taken kava that same day, my bestie loves kava so we tried some when we were in Hawaii as it’s part of their culture. Didn’t experience any issues but I wouldn’t make a habit of it because kava is hard on the liver and kratom can be as well.
Yeah I don’t think I’ll be buying it again as it essentially feels like beer and I can get that for a lot cheaper and I mean a lot. High end lava is expensive asf.

I’m not a big gabergic guy so I can’t justify the price and if I need a gabergic I’ll just buy beer haha.

Yeah I don’t think I’ll be buying it again as it essentially feels like beer and I can get that for a lot cheaper and I mean a lot. High end lava is expensive asf.

I’m not a big gabergic guy so I can’t justify the price and if I need a gabergic I’ll just buy beer haha.
kava is much more expensive than beer but come on.. I think it feels much better than beer, even "high end beer" At least to me.
I've tried several times kratom + kava, for me it feels better if I take the kratom just after the kava peak has vanished, then kratom feels super nice and enhanced.j Taking kratom and then kava feels like wasting both to me.

kava is much more expensive than beer but come on.. I think it feels much better than beer, even "high end beer" At least to me.
I've tried several times kratom + kava, for me it feels better if I take the kratom just after the kava peak has vanished, then kratom feels super nice and enhanced.j Taking kratom and then kava feels like wasting both to me.
I mean I like it probably better than beer. I don’t need to drink as much and there’s no hangover but I just can’t justify the price for the effects I get from it. But I bought some very high end instant. So it’s real instant that isn’t made with second washes so they say so it was more expensive. But they are highly reputable so I believe them.

Thanks for your feedback. Yeah i just tired it with kratom. It does seem like it cancels out the stimulant effects of kratom that I chase.

I mean I like it probably better than beer. I don’t need to drink as much and there’s no hangover but I just can’t justify the price for the effects I get from it. But I bought some very high end instant. So it’s real instant that isn’t made with second washes so they say so it was more expensive. But they are highly reputable so I believe them.

Thanks for your feedback. Yeah i just tired it with kratom. It does seem like it cancels out the stimulant effects of kratom that I chase.
nah, kava is something that you need to do, instant is just too expensive, buying kgs and do it on your own in big quantities and reusing the "makas" is the only way to make it worth the price. IME.
I use it as an "special reward", because I don't like alcohol, so for me a kava high is like when you start drinking alcohol in adolescence and you buy a good bottle of wine to take with some friends. Something like that, a ritual from time to time.

nah, kava is something that you need to do, instant is just too expensive, buying kgs and do it on your own in big quantities and reusing the "makas" is the only way to make it worth the price. IME.
I use it as an "special reward", because I don't like alcohol, so for me a kava high is like when you start drinking alcohol in adolescence and you buy a good bottle of wine to take with some friends. Something like that, a ritual from time to time.
Yeah. I’ve heard that kava is best and affordable if you buy it by the kilo and make it yourself. I mean I just got this bag in the mail yesterday and it was 4 oz. Probably only have like 1.5 oz left and if you know how expensive it is for quality instant then you probably understand why I was thinking it’s too expensive for the effects, but I guess if I buy it by the LB and make it myself then it would be affordable.

I guess I just worry about making it wrong and making myself sick but I suppose if I do it right then I won’t and it doesn’t seem super complicated.

I’m like you in the sense that I’m not an alcohol person. First time I drank I’m 5 years was at a hockey game I had free tickets to a few weeks ago and the alcohol was paid for by my girls work so…

I can understand your point:)

I have combined them many times. In fact they go well together, but it does make it so that the weird dizzy/nauseous side effects from too much kratom are easier to reach, so be cautious in your dosages.

Kava has been reported to be hard on the liver, but properly extracted kava seems to maybe not be. Kratom seems to be extremely hard on a tiny minority of peoples' livers (I have read stories of people taking kratom for a short period of time and ending up with serious complications), but most people seem to not be affected by it in that way at all (like I've been addicted to kratom a total of almost 10 years of my life, and have taken up to 80-100 grams per day for long periods of time, and have never had even the slightest health issue from it, and my liver values have never been abnormal).

So there probably isn't anything to worry about, but a select few, rare people may want to avoid the combination

Stacking enough of “light”, “non-addictive” and “safe” drugs/supplements eventually gets to the point where less harm would come from one thing that’s generally looked down as something better avoided.

At what point it becomes so? Is is with combo of kratom and kava or kratom, kava and hash or kratom, kava, hash, kana or kratom, kava, hash, kana and phenibut or…? At what amounts and frequency of use it becomes so? Instead of what quality of product it’s smarter to chose “that one bad drug”?

Mix of which exactly alkaloids (of plants with varying amounts and ratios of alkaloids producing unknown interactions and often having alkaloids toxic by itself too anyway) becomes so bad news for brain/liver/mind/life that one “dangerous substance” was a way wiser choice?

It’s relatively usual with “ex-users” to manage to fuck up themselves by using a lot of plants, supplements, smart drugs and what not, more than they did before they got “clean”.