• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is IV location important? (Hands Vs. arm-crook)

oxymoron310

Bluelighter
I want to know will I get a more intense rush if I inject heroin in the inside of my arm versus my hand? The reason I ask is I never miss my hands, but then the drug has to travel further. For a drug like meth (The only drug I've shot in the last 12 months) the location of injection as well as the gauge are important.

Injecting into the extremities increases risk for blood clots so I'd recommend doing so regularly. And the veins in the hands (and especially the feet) are more fragile and prone to damage.

My favorite spot to inject used to be a large vein on the back side of my right knee. I used to use that one so my ex wife wouldn't see it. I had a big one on my left forearm that I used to use repeatedly, but I ended up blowing it out eventually.

I agree with @negrogesic that injecting into the extremities is a bad idea however hitting in the hands has always been easier than in the feet for me. I remember I tried to do a shot of 4-aco-met once and did it in my foot for some stupid reason. I missed like a fucking noob. Saw patterns for a minute or two and that was it.

My favorite spot to inject used to be a large vein on the back side of my right knee. I used to use that one so my ex wife wouldn't see it. I had a big one on my left forearm that I used to use repeatedly, but I ended up blowing it out eventually.

I agree with @negrogesic that injecting into the extremities is a bad idea however hitting in the hands has always been easier than in the feet for me. I remember I tried to do a shot of 4-aco-met once and did it in my foot for some stupid reason. I missed like a fucking noob. Saw patterns for a minute or two and that was it.

Are you some sort of contortionist? How the hell did you hit the back of your knee?

But yeh, stay away from extremities - especially your feet...

Well the vein runs down the inner part of my leg on the back side of my knee. Rather than using a tourniquite to make it stand up, I would apply pressure to the area utilizing the toilet seat and then slip the needle right in. It worked great!! Lol!

I have hit the back of my knee and the outside of my right forearm (I'm right - handed) and everywhere else you can think of apart from the femoral and the neck (BOTH sites that I NEVER intend to go - I'd rather switch to a different ROA if it ever came to that).

... Yes I'm very bendy and I trained myself to be ambidextrous and to frequently switch sites right from the get - go.
'cause right from the get - go I was fairly certain I was gonna be doing this for the foreseeable future and wanted as much damage limitation as possible.
10 yrs down the line and I only fucked up 2 cables and even THAT could've been avoided if I wasn't so fucking lazy always going for the most convenient access site

I have hit the back of my knee and the outside of my right forearm (I'm right - handed) and everywhere else you can think of apart from the femoral and the neck (BOTH sites that I NEVER intend to go - I'd rather switch to a different ROA if it ever came to that).

... Yes I'm very bendy and I trained myself up to be ambidextrous and to frequently switch sites right from the get - go.
'cause right from the get - go I was fairly certain I was gonna be doing this for the foreseeable future and wanted as much damage limitation as possible.
10 yrs down the line and I only fucked up 2 cables and even THAT could've been avoided if I wasn't so fucking lazy always going for the most convenient access site
For some reason I taught myself to shoot up left handed as well. I don't know if it was for rotational purposes or just because I enjoy a challenge but I've done it. Lol!!

For some reason I taught myself to shoot up left handed as well. I don't know if it was for rotational purposes or just because I enjoy a challenge but I've done it. Lol!!
always useful if you intend to be long - term injecting.

I pretty much quit using needles in 2013 before my daughter was born. Only shot up a handful of times since.

I pretty much quit using needles in 2013 before my daughter was born. Only shot up a handful of times since.
Well done you. I don't have such responsibilities and despite what I just said about potentially switching methods, I actually don't reckon anything except IV would really satisfy me tbh.
I think I'd be more likely to stop outright than to stop mainlining.

Well done you. I don't have such responsibilities and despite what I just said about potentially switching methods, I actually don't reckon anything except IV would really satisfy me tbh.
I think I'd be more likely to stop outright than to stop mainlining.
Same here I've only hit myself in the crooks of my elbow and now I can't get blood from them veins which happened a couple times so I'd switch to the other arm but my left arm is bruised n lil hard but going down really well so I'm not messing with it just keeping heat on it n massaging it but I can't get blood from my right elbow crook so I haven't been doing anything besides taking methadone dose trying to get off bc I never went anywhere else and I only got them long needles I think they are 27 regular ones we get from needle exchange but I never went anywhere else so fuck it time to get clean

Same here I've only hit myself in the crooks of my elbow and now I can't get blood from them veins which happened a couple times so I'd switch to the other arm but my left arm is bruised n lil hard but going down really well so I'm not messing with it just keeping heat on it n massaging it but I can't get blood from my right elbow crook so I haven't been doing anything besides taking methadone dose trying to get off bc I never went anywhere else and I only got them long needles I think they are 27 regular ones we get from needle exchange but I never went anywhere else so fuck it time to get clean
Ever gone in your wrist -? My veins are nice 'n fat there so that's a fave easy access site (also one I take good care not to over - use for that very same reason)

Ever gone in your wrist -? My veins are nice 'n fat there so that's a fave easy access site (also one I take good care not to over - use for that very same reason)
No I never went anywhere else..wish I could I'm worried I'll hit something else n it will hurt like hell

are you not mega sensitive there? i found wrist super painful. makes me cringe just thinking about it urgh.

are you not mega sensitive there? i found wrist super painful. makes me cringe just thinking about it urgh.
That's what I was thinking I never did it anywhere else besides crooks of elbows but I would think wrist and hands n anywhere would hurt like hell I see people talking bout one vein near the crooks of elbow or maybe forearm or some shit but I iunno where they mean I'm dying over here tho 😂😂

That's what I was thinking I never did it anywhere else besides crooks of elbows but I would think wrist and hands n anywhere would hurt like hell I see people talking bout one vein near the crooks of elbow or maybe forearm or some shit but I iunno where they mean I'm dying over here tho 😂😂
can't blame you. i never had to do outside my arms cos i went to rehab before they got used up, didn't notice much difference pain-wise between other places on my forearm but wrist is particularly bad, never tried hand and wouldn't have cos i think once i fucked the veins higher up the lower down ones didn't work so well. or maybe they just aren't as good anyway?

i'm just so glad i am too squeamish cos it meant i put off needles for a long time, probably saved my life.

get clean. stick to your script. come join us over in H&R! you don't have to be clean.....