• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Is it true that cocaine is the most cardiotoxic recreational drug ?

All potent stimulants are cardiotoxic, but I believe cocaine is the worst. Especially if you combine it with alcohol, where it is metabolized into Cocaethylene which is 10 times more cardiotoxic than cocaine alone.

Dextroamphetamine is not cardiotoxic, at least not at therapeutic levels. It has been intensely studied in people prescribed d-amp for ADHD. It increases the risk of infarction in people who already have cardiovascular disease because it increases vasoconstriction, heart rate and BP. But regular use of d-amp does not contribute to the development cardiovascular disease.

go to google scholar and type cocaine and cardiotoxicity. read as many study conclusions as you can.

yes, uniquely toxic. with other stims, as long as you keep BP and HR in semi normal ranges, you're fine heart wise. cocaine has an unique mechanism which leads to cardiac tissue death, regardless of dose and sometimes even frequency doesn't matter (see 70ish year olds who abused cocaine for decades vs 25 year old falling dead cold while sober due (in part) to ocasional cocaine use.

in reality tho, if you ditch the "glamour" of coke and taboo of other stims, meth is superior. 4-mmc and 3-mmc are better than any other stim tbh save for the suicidal albeit short comedown.

the only thing drawing me towards cocaine is the numbing aspect as well as the short duration. but good cathinones solve the duration issue.

if you don't know about cathinones (talking strictly about 3/4-mmc), they are working like cocaine plus mdma except tens of times more potent and also waaaaay less neuro/cardiotoxic. this is proven by studies as well as reported experiences. but they are more fiendish than cocaine or mdma, they make you. more prone to hallucinate in a bad way and those few hours before you fully comedown are pure hell. good to have an opioid or benzo on hand. if weed is your thing i guess it helps. i cannot overstate the fiendishness of these. things tho, made me only think abt more and more. so fucked my dealer had a breakdown after binging them with K that he stopped dealing

One of my old drug friends passed away a few weeks ago from coke induced heart attack. Sad because he was sober for 4 years but his wife left him and took the kids so he went back on it hard.
I can't say if it's the most damaging but he didn't have any underlined issues and after a month long binge just dropped.
I would think meth was worse but stims are not my thing so i don't know much about them.
Just be careful

Managed to turn down a free line tonight off a friend, on the account it smelt of benzocaine.

The stuff is no good for your health whatsoever IMO even when it's pure. But when it's clean and high purity, then trying to say no is much more difficult :\
I'm so proud of you. I would have a hard time saying no and i'm an opioid person

One thing I never understood is a person can not honestly laugh if they are very wired on cocaine. On small amounts taken infrequently that can be bypassed but if someone is wired the ability to have a deep down gut laugh is gone. So from there I always wondered why I keep doing it for fun. It is just addictive.

Interesting observation! I haven’t noticed that but yeah now that I think about it, a lot of times when someone laughs while really thwacked out it comes across as a cursory chuckle to bridge the gap between you talking and their next opportunity to interject lol

Sodium channel blockade isn't inherently cardiotoxic, it lengthens the rise period of the heart action potential, causing heartbeats to be spaced further apart. What makes cocaine rather toxic is that it simultaneously stimulates tbe heart via beta 1 adrenergic signaling, creating a push-pull effect that causes harm (this is pretty unique to cocaine; it's commonly taught to not mix uppers and downers for this reason, but that is rooted in an oversimplification of the pharmacology. Of course mixing uppers and downers usually leads to increased doses and people getting themselves into overdose territory without realizing).

Also to whomever said that sodium bicarbonate can reduce the harm of cocaine to the heart; there is unfortunately no evidence that I can find for this claim.

go to google scholar and type cocaine and cardiotoxicity. read as many study conclusions as you can.

yes, uniquely toxic. with other stims, as long as you keep BP and HR in semi normal ranges, you're fine heart wise. cocaine has an unique mechanism which leads to cardiac tissue death, regardless of dose and sometimes even frequency doesn't matter (see 70ish year olds who abused cocaine for decades vs 25 year old falling dead cold while sober due (in part) to ocasional cocaine use.

in reality tho, if you ditch the "glamour" of coke and taboo of other stims, meth is superior. 4-mmc and 3-mmc are better than any other stim tbh save for the suicidal albeit short comedown.

the only thing drawing me towards cocaine is the numbing aspect as well as the short duration. but good cathinones solve the duration issue.

if you don't know about cathinones (talking strictly about 3/4-mmc), they are working like cocaine plus mdma except tens of times more potent and also waaaaay less neuro/cardiotoxic. this is proven by studies as well as reported experiences. but they are more fiendish than cocaine or mdma, they make you. more prone to hallucinate in a bad way and those few hours before you fully comedown are pure hell. good to have an opioid or benzo on hand. if weed is your thing i guess it helps. i cannot overstate the fiendishness of these. things tho, made me only think abt more and more. so fucked my dealer had a breakdown after binging them with K that he stopped dealing
Have to admit , theye probably better , but crack is also very intense , but so short lived and bad for health , its not worth it

One of my old drug friends passed away a few weeks ago from coke induced heart attack. Sad because he was sober for 4 years but his wife left him and took the kids so he went back on it hard.
I can't say if it's the most damaging but he didn't have any underlined issues and after a month long binge just dropped.
I would think meth was worse but stims are not my thing so i don't know much about them.
Just be careful
Rip :(

Hi guys ,just want to let know , that i finally managed to stop smoking crack and heroin, any drug besides cigarettes , it's been August 2nd the last time. Now studying and feeling better mentally without it. I wish everyone much much strength and mental strength. I know that I maybe had it easier because I was young and didn't take for too long (6 months) , but still wish everyone to overcome it and build a nice life, that you are dreaming of :)

Sodium channel blockade isn't inherently cardiotoxic, it lengthens the rise period of the heart action potential, causing heartbeats to be spaced further apart. What makes cocaine rather toxic is that it simultaneously stimulates tbe heart via beta 1 adrenergic signaling, creating a push-pull effect that causes harm (this is pretty unique to cocaine; it's commonly taught to not mix uppers and downers for this reason, but that is rooted in an oversimplification of the pharmacology. Of course mixing uppers and downers usually leads to increased doses and people getting themselves into overdose territory without realizing).

Also to whomever said that sodium bicarbonate can reduce the harm of cocaine to the heart; there is unfortunately no evidence that I can find for this claim.
It looks like as if somebody deliberately made a perfect "heart" punishing drug

It looks like as if somebody deliberately made a perfect "heart" punishing drug
Oh there are some targets that would be much worse to combine with a stimulant.

hERG channel blockade for one, is a huge source of preclinical drug failure, because lots of drugs block it, and its blockade is sufficient to induce a really nasty condition called torsades des pointes, which progresses into an extremely dangerous ventricular tachycardia that often ends in death. It works via extending the qt interval in the heart, which on its own can cause heartbeats to intersect, causing the above mentioned torsades des pointes.

Drugs that poison the Na+/K+ ATPase (like digoxin) also are rather dangerous. The Na+/K+ ATPase provides the ionic gradient that powers the cell (initially driving calcium removing pumps. When it's action is weakened the heart will have stronger beats, but the therapeutic index of these compounds makes them extremely dangerous (typically used for end-phase heart failure).

Finally you have things that could give you a heart attack, but also could give you a seizure, like the sodium channel agonist aconitine from the plant wolfsbane (pro tip: if a plant has bane in its name, it's probably very nasty). Aconitine jams sodium channels open causing excitable cells to fire uncontrollably. It's kind of a coin toss whether your neurons overload first and you die of a seizure or if you have a heart attack first and die of that.

Oh there are some targets that would be much worse to combine with a stimulant.

hERG channel blockade for one, is a huge source of preclinical drug failure, because lots of drugs block it, and its blockade is sufficient to induce a really nasty condition called torsades des pointes, which progresses into an extremely dangerous ventricular tachycardia that often ends in death. It works via extending the qt interval in the heart, which on its own can cause heartbeats to intersect, causing the above mentioned torsades des pointes.

Drugs that poison the Na+/K+ ATPase (like digoxin) also are rather dangerous. The Na+/K+ ATPase provides the ionic gradient that powers the cell (initially driving calcium removing pumps. When it's action is weakened the heart will have stronger beats, but the therapeutic index of these compounds makes them extremely dangerous (typically used for end-phase heart failure).

Finally you have things that could give you a heart attack, but also could give you a seizure, like the sodium channel agonist aconitine from the plant wolfsbane (pro tip: if a plant has bane in its name, it's probably very nasty). Aconitine jams sodium channels open causing excitable cells to fire uncontrollably. It's kind of a coin toss whether your neurons overload first and you die of a seizure or if you have a heart attack first and die of that.
Wow , actually impressive knowledge:) thx

Are the effects on the heart from cocaine long lasting or are we talking about while you are a user or using?

Coke is some bad shit. My best friend flatlined from some IV coke a few months ago but thankfully they brought her back. I had a seizure myself from IV coke about 3 or 4 years ago now that was fucked.

How does a real overdose on potent stimulant like coke feel like (how bad) ? You probably didn't even notice anything because of the seizure.
Coke is some bad shit. My best friend flatlined from some IV coke a few months ago but thankfully they brought her back. I had a seizure myself from IV coke about 3 or 4 years ago now that was fucked.

Some really dumb drug related things such as huffing freon or taking 100+ mg of loperamide to get high have even more heart attack risk.

Aminorex-type stimulants can cause heart valve disease and dextropropoxyphene (a weak opioid painkiller) induces arrhythmias when overdosed on, but fortunately neither one of these is much in actual medical use anymore.

The use of coca leaves in South America seems to have very few harmful effects, except possibly on dental health, but that kind of moderation is difficult with purified forms of cocaine.

Some really dumb drug related things such as huffing freon or taking 100+ mg of loperamide to get high have even more heart attack risk.

Aminorex-type stimulants can cause heart valve disease and dextropropoxyphene (a weak opioid painkiller) induces arrhythmias when overdosed on, but fortunately neither one of these is much in actual medical use anymore.

The use of coca leaves in South America seems to have very few harmful effects, except possibly on dental health, but that kind of moderation is difficult with purified forms of cocaine.
What's the "reward" for this tho ?

What's the "reward" for this tho ?
What do you mean with that? If it's "what reward I get for writing this accurate information to drug users on the other side of the globe", then it's just to get to sound smart and to take part in the effort against "war on drugs".