• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Is it true that cocaine is the most cardiotoxic recreational drug ?

Like... yes and no.

a) People don't accept that cocaine is a hard drug and do gigantic lines with some kind of death wish.

b) Definitely correct me if I'm wrong, but data reflects that cocaine increases heart rate *but decreases the heart's access to blood flow to the heart.* Contrarily, amphetamines like adderall/meth etc all increase heart rate, yet do not constrict any blood flow regarding the heart itself.

There's so many ghosts out there from MDMA abuse/methamphetamine addiction/crack use so its not fair to say that "one is deadlier than the other." However, the answer is arbitrary in the end. I could state plenty of reasons why I think methamphetamine is the worst addiction to have at the moment, but that wouldn't really change anything or clarify a real answer to the original question lol.

*I think its very important to state that my dad was once a cocaine addict/alcoholic for many years in his 20s/30s during the peak cocaine era of the 1980s. He actually has some permanent residual heart damage/problems in his 60s now because of those years in his youth. Cocaine is a real drug, and daily use for years does objectively cause some potentially life-lasting side effects regarding the heart.

Like... yes and no.

a) People don't accept that cocaine is a hard drug and do gigantic lines with some kind of death wish.

b) Definitely correct me if I'm wrong, but data reflects that cocaine increases heart rate *but decreases the heart's access to blood flow to the heart.* Contrarily, amphetamines like adderall/meth etc all increase heart rate, yet do not constrict any blood flow regarding the heart itself.

There's so many ghosts out there from MDMA abuse/methamphetamine addiction/crack use so its not fair to say that "one is deadlier than the other." However, the answer is arbitrary in the end. I could state plenty of reasons why I think methamphetamine is the worst addiction to have at the moment, but that wouldn't really change anything or clarify a real answer to the original question lol.

*I think its very important to state that my dad was once a cocaine addict/alcoholic for many years in his 20s/30s during the peak cocaine era of the 1980s. He actually has some permanent residual heart damage/problems in his 60s now because of those years in his youth. Cocaine is a real drug, and daily use for years does objectively cause some potentially life-lasting side effects regarding the heart.
Coke is a sodium channel blocker and does its main damage through that action. Some meds also are sodium channel blockers and carry the same risk as cocaine. A lesser extent is the vasoconstriction. I think amp/meth does cause vasoconstriction and is known to increase the risk of heart complications through prolonged/heavy use as well as leading to rapid aging and stiffening of the arteries.

Coke has less of a safety margin than meth and is far more likely to lead to heart attack from a high dose. 50mg of high purity crack is already enough to cause an OD and can lead to a dangerously high heart rate for a newbie while 50mg of pure meth isn't.

How can doctors tell the damage to your dad's heart is from the coke?

Coke is a sodium channel blocker and does its main damage through that action. Some meds also are sodium channel blockers and carry the same risk as cocaine. A lesser extent is the vasoconstriction. I think amp/meth does cause vasoconstriction and is known to increase the risk of heart complications through prolonged/heavy use as well as leading to rapid aging and stiffening of the arteries.

Coke has less of a safety margin than meth and is far more likely to lead to heart attack from a high dose. 50mg of high purity crack is already enough to cause an OD and can lead to a dangerously high heart rate for a newbie while 50mg of pure meth isn't.

How can doctors tell the damage to your dad's heart is from the coke?

Wait, so you're expressing that the same vasoconstriction that coke has--does appear in amphetamines (but at only extremes or abuse)? That would be good to look into and confirm.. People do die from cocaine frequently, but you have to know what will happen when you are already so high on stimulants before inserting a gigantic dose inside you again lol. People who die from cocaine have obviously abused it in an extreme in my opinion. I don't think you can die from cocaine (unless maybe crack and you go overboard) unless you really are just disrespecting the substance. The only exception would be if of course one acquires a laced bag, or something dangerous to cut your cocaine with falls right into your lap. Otherwise, the drug has obvious boundaries and I'm sure everyone that died from cocaine knew they were probably crossing it.

From personal experience of taking real pure coke at varous doses, for various extended periods of time and mixed with or without other drugs. Nothing else makes me feel on the verge of some serious cardiac event, although the fiend in me always makes lines too big. I get muscle aches/spasms, chest discomfort and the general impression that if I dont focus my breathing and lay off it, it could kills me.

Never had this with speed or MDMA.

From personal experience of taking real pure coke at varous doses, for various extended periods of time and mixed with or without other drugs. Nothing else makes me feel on the verge of some serious cardiac event, although the fiend in me always makes lines too big. I get muscle aches/spasms, chest discomfort and the general impression that if I dont focus my breathing and lay off it, it could kills me.

Never had this with speed or MDMA.
The dangers of coke and crack are not exaggerated. High purity coke is easy to od on. The effects of clean coke can be quite subtle compared to amp and meth and higher doses don't make it better like amphetamines but instead can lead to serious side effects like stroke and heart attack.

Wait, so you're expressing that the same vasoconstriction that coke has--does appear in amphetamines (but at only extremes or abuse)? That would be good to look into and confirm.. People do die from cocaine frequently, but you have to know what will happen when you are already so high on stimulants before inserting a gigantic dose inside you again lol. People who die from cocaine have obviously abused it in an extreme in my opinion. I don't think you can die from cocaine (unless maybe crack and you go overboard) unless you really are just disrespecting the substance. The only exception would be if of course one acquires a laced bag, or something dangerous to cut your cocaine with falls right into your lap. Otherwise, the drug has obvious boundaries and I'm sure everyone that died from cocaine knew they were probably crossing it.
Not sure the vasoconstriction is to the same extent as coke but when I take amps or meth I get cold and amps are known to lead to penile shrinkage. This is due to vasoconstriction and occurs at common and higher doses.

You can die from coke if you're only used to the crap 10% stuff that takes a few points to feel it then one day cop a batch that is 85% pure and you rail your normal 200mg dose. That amount would cause severe overdose symptoms if not death. Half of that amount in pure freebase could easily kill.

People that die from coke are often going overboard or being reckless for various reasons. Often they will chase the high once tachyphalaxis sets in and will push doses higher hoping to overcome the acute tolerance to the euphoria but find they overdose instead. Lack of a high makes it hard to judge how much is too much. Prexisting heart conditions are also risk factors in coke induced death.

Not sure the vasoconstriction is to the same extent as coke but when I take amps or meth I get cold and amps are known to lead to penile shrinkage. This is due to vasoconstriction and occurs at common and higher doses.

You can die from coke if you're only used to the crap 10% stuff that takes a few points to feel it then one day cop a batch that is 85% pure and you rail your normal 200mg dose. That amount would cause severe overdose symptoms if not death. Half of that amount in pure freebase could easily kill.

People that die from coke are often going overboard or being reckless for various reasons. Often they will chase the high once tachyphalaxis sets in and will push doses higher hoping to overcome the acute tolerance to the euphoria but find they overdose instead. Lack of a high makes it hard to judge how much is too much. Prexisting heart conditions are also risk factors in coke induced death.
Bruh , who snorts 0.2 ? 💀😂

All potent stimulants are cardiotoxic, but I believe cocaine is the worst. Especially if you combine it with alcohol, where it is metabolized into Cocaethylene which is 10 times more cardiotoxic than cocaine alone.

Bruh , who snorts 0.2 ? 💀😂
Where I am (Australia) roughly 150-200mg is not uncommon to pour out and make a bunch of thick lines to get started as it's usually very low quality here. A gram will usually last about 3 hours. Cop a batch of 85% stuff without knowing and pour out multiple points for your first lines and a heart attack or death is likely after 2p.

Last edited:
All potent stimulants are cardiotoxic, but I believe cocaine is the worst. Especially if you combine it with alcohol, where it is metabolized into Cocaethylene which is 10 times more cardiotoxic than cocaine alone.
People who I know do coke always drink on it rather than use it by itself but are completely clueless how bad it is for them.

Wait, can we confirm that cocaethylene is specifically cardiotoxic and not generally toxic or hepatotoxic, as I understood it was.

Wait, can we confirm that cocaethylene is specifically cardiotoxic and not generally toxic or hepatotoxic, as I understood it was.

Yes, it's specifically cardioxic (ten times more so than coke alone) but I have no idea about general or hepatotoxicity. Due to the alcohol, I'd assume it's hepatoxic but I have no idea if it's worse than alcohol alone.

I don't think it is the most cardiotoxic, wouldn't alcohol be moreso per idk dosage. (how you would compare the two becomes the question I suppose)

I don't think it is the most cardiotoxic, wouldn't alcohol be moreso per idk dosage. (how you would compare the two becomes the question I suppose)
I've read alcohol is linked to some heart related issues but have never read about alcohol carrying the same risks as coke. I suppose the amount of alcohol needed to be consumed would lead to liver related issues before heart problems show up.

i heard that is cardiotoxic and i felt before on myself...if overused...iv.especially..but idk isit a most cardiotoxic of all speeds

Damn Coke ist indeed a hard drug
You would have liked the 70's. (if anyone can). Before the Reagans Just Say No nonsense cocaine was almost prestigious. People had their bullets and how ever they administer it and tooted in public. The SNL era of that time basically shows that. It was not hid as much and almost symbolized a higher class drug use. Also the heart issues were not known about, so during my cocaine years I didn't have to worry about that. :) I stopped in the 80's. Been 35 years since I had any and the last use was IV.

Then the Reagans with there slogans made all drugs very very bad in the 80's.

One thing I never understood is a person can not honestly laugh if they are very wired on cocaine. On small amounts taken infrequently that can be bypassed but if someone is wired the ability to have a deep down gut laugh is gone. So from there I always wondered why I keep doing it for fun. It is just addictive.

I think you could probably make that claim, at least out of all the common substances.

One thing I never understood is a person can not honestly laugh if they are very wired on cocaine. On small amounts taken infrequently that can be bypassed but if someone is wired the ability to have a deep down gut laugh is gone.
Never noticed this but I reckon that makes it one shit drug then! The entire purpose of life is to laugh as much as possible. Man, fuck cocaine. :)