Is it time that we made European Drug Discussion a hidden subforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Thousand Words

Bluelighter
Now we have the technical know how to sanitise and censor unique sections of Bluelight, is it not time that European drug Discussion is limited to it's own user group, so as to protect Bluelight's reputation, while still maintaining its history and culture?

It is no secret we have had problems in our forum. In the past 2 years we have lost a vast number of members to drug over doses and misadventure. A quick tally would reveal a horrible toll of our membership, both moderators, crew and long term members.

NSFW:
RIP...

MTGG, Carsick, BignBrown, Evad, UnfortunateSquid, Mugz,ektamine, FlippingTop,Cornishman,Pontifex, knock,eclipsedesign, babylonboy, to name but a few

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/604181-We-Will-Never-Forget-You-EADDerz

To add to this uncomfortable shame, in the last month alone we have had several long standing members/former staff (Mental Kenny, Pagey and mrscientist) ending up in coma's in ICU due to misadventure on dark web sourced research chemicals. After initial claims of contaminated vendor products, it was soon confirmed that these three near death experiences were actually due to obscene dosing and poly drug use. Thankfully these three members survived, if not a little shaken and hopefully wiser from their experiences, but surely this is a sign that the current culture of this forum is not healthy.

On top of this many our members have found these loses too much and have made it known they no longer can participate due to the heartfelt pain they no longer face want to experience.

EADD has always been a little different to the rest of Bluelight. Perhaps it is its long culture of tolerance to finding and pushing the boundaries by it's members. Although officially sourcing has always been against BLUA, it is no secret that an under current does exist that allows it's users to access other areas of the dark web easily. Pricing is also tolerated, so long as it is personal amounts. The bending of the BLUA rules are subtle, but it is obvious to anyone who uses this forum that it is easy to use EADD as to resource for acquiring drugs.

Rather than enforce these rules, perhaps the best way to keep alive certain traditions in EADD, such as its higher degree of free speech, would be to create a secret subform, restrict it's members at the moderators discretion, while still giving Bluelighters the option to keep its content hidden during their forum browsing?

It is not enough to simply wash away all these unfortunate incidents as part and parcel of concentrating a group of drug user. It is a cultural thing, one with a history that obviously the moderators have a hard time trying to change. Shutting the forum down completely is obviously not an option, but perhaps thinking outside of the box may allow it's members the freedom to enjoy EADD in it's present form, while still protecting Bluelights public reputation of harm reduction.

I am interested to hear what the Admins feel about the sad situation that exists in this once proud forum.

I'm no admin but a long time reader of counter culture sites like bluelight. I didnt even know they could create such secret domains or whatever you call em'.. I think is great idea for all the trusted and established members of this great communty

I'm cross posting this from the Lounge thread because it's more on topic here and I wouldn't be surprised if my post disappeared.

I think it's the culture in Europe or something but besides Mugz (I think Martin would still be here if it weren't for the shit that went down with lou. He went into depression and turned to heroin, went from no tolerance (his forte was mostly benzos/rc's iirc) and hadn't touched it in 2 years to trying to finish a gram bag in a week and then he was going to get help.Atleast thats what he told me in tc, I told him it was gonna be the death of him ) it's like Europeans just go fucking hard on everything.I'd like to understand why? Is it because you guys are less conservative than us North Americans? Am I wrong in saying you guys are less conservative?

EADD is like another fucking world separate from the rest of BL, it appeared to me 99% of EADDers go FUCKING HARD!

excellent. now THIS is a real, non-childish and non-imaginary issue that actually concerns the site's main contention as a harm minimisation resource. maybe if she admins refocused their efforts of censoring a forum they shouldn't even give two fucks about to real, concrete issues that actually save lives, this place wouldn't be a total joke. senior staff, jnr staff and all members need to pick their guts up off the floor and fucking stand up for what is right. censorship is the first step of a totalitarian dictatorship. who died and made ali god? next we'll be referring to him as dear leader and have his ugly scottish head on every page of the forum. love how he got another admin to deliver the news so he could claim innocence as well. ali, we're all well aware of your power-tripping but this time you have gone too far. your petty nonsense distracts from the actual usefulness of the site and makes you look like a pathetic little tyrant man. get a grip bro, you're slippin.

stand strong cunts. we r lounge.

Nice OTW... Real nice.. 8(

restrict it's members at the moderators discretion
That'll be you no longer welcome then. :p

Last edited:
But is Going hard really a good example for a harm reduction forum?

Looking at my last sentence it looks like im endorsing it, but I'm not.I just wonder why we North Americans seem to go easier on drugs than Europeans?

Going hard isn't a good example for a HR forum and thats what I tried to convey in what I wrote but failed, I guess.

Nice OTW... Real nice.. 8(

That'll be you no longer welcome then. :p

You'd have to remove my crew status first, that's yet another clich in the system.

That's what happens when you let monkeys run the show. At present the lounge mods still have to approve moderators posts in the lounge.

And to think I thought it was bad when the admins computer was seized following a drug raid.

The question still remains, if we are serious about sanitising bluelight, why is eadd still allowed to be public?

excellent. now THIS is a real, non-childish and non-imaginary issue that actually concerns the site's main contention as a harm minimisation resource. maybe if she admins refocused their efforts of censoring a forum they shouldn't even give two fucks about to real, concrete issues that actually save lives, this place wouldn't be a total joke. senior staff, jnr staff and all members need to pick their guts up off the floor and fucking stand up for what is right. censorship is the first step of a totalitarian dictatorship. who died and made ali god? next we'll be referring to him as dear leader and have his ugly scottish head on every page of the forum. love how he got another admin to deliver the news so he could claim innocence as well. ali, we're all well aware of your power-tripping but this time you have gone too far. your petty nonsense distracts from the actual usefulness of the site and makes you look like a pathetic little tyrant man. get a grip bro, you're slippin.
you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. but don't let facts get in the way of your hate.

otw, there is what we do and there is how we do it and, right now, you're not having a constructive conversation intended to better the site. you're disrupting things by antagonising people and trying to score cheap points from your position as white knight, hr crusader. there's more to hr - a lot more - that telling people after the fact that they're junkie scum and that their friends deserved to die.

when you're ready to move on from this childish approach, we'll (plural) talk.

alasdair

you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. but don't let facts get in the way of your hate.

otw, there is what we do and there is how we do it and, right now, you're not having a constructive conversation intended to better the site. you're disrupting things by antagonising people and trying to score cheap points from your position as white knight, hr crusader. there's more to hr - a lot more - that telling people after the fact that they're junkie scum and that their friends deserved to die.

alasdair

Just stop fucking things up, its pretty easy and no one will complain.

I was in eead once ad felt harassed and belittled. I don't feel they treated me with a spirit of harm reduction.

EADD is far more entertaining than the lounge.
Funny, interesting - and with an HR focus.
Everything the lounge ain't. Everything the lounge pretends to be (sans hr)

Last edited:

alasdair
I'm sorry, when exactly have I said people deserve to die?

I thought I was an adult until I was told I needed to be censored like someone in high school. I have been told by two admins in the past 48 hrs that they made a mistake with this and things will be reversed, but here we are still living under a oppressive system.

If you are having trouble reversing it due to technical issues I understand, but the very least you could do was announce that in the lounge, not obscure posts in forums no one looks at such as support or announcements then close the thread so no one can reply. If you want to play big boy business man with bluelight, you need to at least have to accept accountability for your actions. Transparency comes with the territory I'm afraid, we may not be shareholders but common curtesy surely means members of bluelight deserve to be treated with a sliver more respect than we have in the past 5 days.

As for playing the White knight, you know damn well why my voice is the loudest. I'm one of the few members who can't be ridiculed or bullied because Im not some basement dwelling junkie who can be dismissed with a Dawson creek meme and a roll of the eyes. So far no one has addressed the questions posed above. By all means refute any of the facts presented, or do what you usually do and erase or censor and hope things go away.

Just answer the question, are you actually planning to reset the lounge back to normal or are you just hoping to ride things out and hope we shrug our shoulders?

Do you have any thoughts on why EADD has a proportionately higher attrition rate that the rest of bluelight?

IMO you need to be censored busty. I mean OWT.

Nobody is innocent

Not even 'squeaky-clean' one thousand busts.
Personally I'm enjoying the lounge group-cry.
Its cute, but not in an endearing way - more pathetic.
Good wholesome laffs

Do you have any thoughts on why EADD has a proportionately higher attrition rate that the rest of bluelight?

Population, accepted RC culture, easy access to NSPs (compared to aus/US/etc due to EU customs and UK domestic vendors etc) an entirely different drug culture - and, most people in EADD seem to be active/frequent drug users.
The lounge? Who knows? Its focus is not drug HR - so your guess is as good as mine (which is that you're either junkies or past your frequent drug taking years). Nothing against junkies, just pointing out a dash of hypocrisy and a handful of bollocks.

Last edited:
Cry is what one does when a friend dies, fight is what one does when a friend is wronged.

It's no surprise you recognised crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.