Is it time that we made European Drug Discussion a hidden subforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary; i find this (and your various responses to it) thoroughly amusing.

one tousand turds said:
we are still living under a oppressive system
Keep em comin', ol' mate

it seems childish to react in this way to the lounge becoming a private forum. to start asking for another subforum to become private, when it is much less offensive than what is posted in the lounge.

tbh i would benefit from the lounge being private, because i like making use of the "new posts" function, and would rather not see the nudie thread, or GIF's of terrorists blowing up busses, people getting run over, among other delightful stuff

nobody new ever comes into the lounge anyway, its pretty much an old boys club, so i dont really see the issue. if someone wants to start posting in the lounge they can request to be added.

it seems like this is all somewhat narcissistic and that TL is sad because they will have less views on their posts and less people looking at pictures from their lives and read them venting out their rage.

We're not all blessed with your strength of mind OTW.. Has it occurred to you that maybe, just maybe some of the names you mentioned were suffering from more than a case of just wanting to get fucked for the sake of getting fucked...

Why don't you stop holding everyone to your standards, I'm glad you've got the perfect life, mind, job, friends, family; some of us aren't blessed with that and no amount of you telling people to "suck it up" is going to change that.. If you care as much as you say you do, how about a bit of compassion.

Or is that no good, can't get cheap laughs and a sense of "I'm better than you" out of that:?

That's not to say any form of HR should be lost and reckless drug use should be accepted just because somebody is struggling with life, calling me/us/them junkies isn't HR though. It's being a cunt.

Also I don't think there is an inherent problem with reckless drug use confined to EADD. Last time I checked America and Australia had pretty rampant drug use to.

I know for a fact that when anyone posts about dangerous drug use in our sub it isn't greeted with "go on my son, you reckon you could do more".. it's met with concern and kind words, usually with pms being sent or even phone calls to talk through the reasons behind it and hopefully finding some resolve.

It's being an unfortunate year or two for EADD, unfortunate is all it is; certainty not a product of our sub.

This isn't about excuses scotch mist, this is about public appearances and bluelights reputation.

What do you think people see when the first sticky at the top of EADD is a roll call of the deceased? And that is only the past couple of years.

You can't deny there has been a massive exodus of members particularly since Knock and co died who said they couldn't handle the heartache any more. Why is it unreasonable to suggest that new members to bluelight would not feel the same way? If the lounge is such a public relations nightmare why isn't eadd?

OTW if you cared about 'bluelight's reputation', you wouldn't post half the stupid bollocks that you do.
You just have an axe to grind, a pissy one at that.

tbh i would benefit from the lounge being private, because i like making use of the "new posts" function, and would rather not see the nudie thread, or GIF's of terrorists blowing up busses, people getting run over, among other delightful stuff

nobody new ever comes into the lounge anyway, its pretty much an old boys club, so i dont really see the issue. if someone wants to start posting in the lounge they can request to be added.

Show me one gif of a terrorist being blown up please. The lounge rules are pretty clear, No gore. It is blanket statements like that from people that clearly have never even posted in the lounge that only highlights the predjudice of this decision. If you don't like it then you are more than welcome to join us and post interesting and humorous ideas. Until then stop making shit up.

I don't think anyone would be too perturbed if membership was closed other than the fact that new members have no idea that the lounge even exists, or have the ability to lurk and make up their own minds what is offensive or not. Our concern is that without fresh influx of new members our forum dies. We may act silly but we are not stupid. This is a blatant attempt to slowly choke the life out of the lounge and turn it into a forum like Aus Drug Discussion that barely gets more than ten posts a day.

Maybe the usual hr forums would benefit from such a restriction, then?
Why so negative?

I know you got your panties in a twist because of the lounge but this is a sad retaliation.

It doesn't look good no, it's unfortunate. Maybe a new user coming on to the site will see that thread and it'll make them think more carefully about their drug use as they don't want to be another name in there.

Is that what you really think is the best idea, hiding EADD away?? You don't think any real HR goes on in there despite the deaths?

What is it that you do for HR?? Your sole use for this site is to talk shit and take the piss out of people, that's your choice and you do a good job of it at times... but this faux care for the appearance of BL isn't washing with me, this is just the fall out of you getting your panties in a twist of TL. I've no opinion what so ever on your beloved lounge one way or the other. I have on Eadd though and you declaring it a public relations nightmare is ridiculous.

Not every one comes to bluelight to slit their wrists.

Ask someone why they use drugs and you will usually get two replies. The first is, "to ease my pain", the second is "because it's fun"

There are hundreds of forums for the sad eyores to go and hold hands, there is only a fraction for those who want to have fun and giggle uncontrollably on the sofa.

Which one is the healthiest response, the ones who self medicate or the ones who are happy?

Scotch mist, you have no opinion until it affects you is a selfish way to look at things. I've pointed out a very valid reason why Eadd should be a secret sub forum and your only response is, they better not. What makes you think the lounge is worse than Eadd?

Why is a forum where laughter is the basis for its appeal more unsavoury than one full of people overdosing?

Not every one comes to bluelight to slit their wrists.

Ask someone why they use drugs and you will usually get two replies. The first is, "to ease my pain", the second is "because it's fun"

There are hundreds of forums for the sad eyores to go and hold hands, there is only a fraction for those who want to have fun and giggle uncontrollably on the sofa.

Which one is the healthiest response, the ones who self medicate or the ones who are happy?

Jesus Chsrist, youre an incompassionate, jaded individual.

You seem to of misread pretty much all of my post as what you appear to of taken from it has nothing to do with what I said.

Have I called for TL to be hidden? I'm happy for you to stay where you are. Your call for us to be hidden based of some deaths is where my problem is, and more so the way you worded it in your OP.

Full of people overdosing, that's a bit of a stretch isn't it?

Based on your logic we should hide TDS then to, not enough fun going on in there for your liking? I'm pretty sure Oz and NA has lost members to.. Lets hide the whole site apart from the lounge, yeah?

I'm gonna stop feeding you now. Night <3

Pagey, mrscientist and mental kenny have all ended up in intensive care coma's due to drug overdoses in the past month. How is that not a massive statistical anomaly?

Based on your logic we should hide TDS then to, not enough fun going on in there for your liking? I'm pretty sure Oz and NA has lost members to.. Lets hide the whole site apart from the lounge, yeah?

So you agree that it is poor logic to hide away subforums in the name of harm reduction?

Please don't be shy and pass on your views to the senior staff before you go to sleep . Unfortunately bluelight is not a democracy and you are in a position to effect positive change.

I'm talking to TheLoveBandit and SebastiansGhost in a conference call right now..

Pagey, mrscientist and mental kenny have all ended up in intensive care coma's due to drug overdoses in the past month. How is that not a massive statistical anomaly?
connect the dots for me. those guys chose to ignore bl's wealth of information to which they have access and ended up in hospital. how does the responsibility for their actions rest with bl and not they, themselves?

if i'm personally responsible for deaths and ods in eadd as you've said, why aren't you responsible for the loungers who died on your watch?
So you agree that it is poor logic to hide away subforums in the name of harm reduction?
yes, i do. i can also speak for the site ownership and other admins who also feel it's not the solution.

will we do something about it? yes. will it take longer than you'd like? yes.

alasdair

Last edited:
That's all I wanted to hear, thank you Ali. I know you are just has inconvenienced as the rest of my friends have been and I truly appreciate all your hard work on Bluelight.

Perhaps the owners and other admins could take 3 minutes to post a thread in the Lounge so we are kept in the loop?

Not every Lounge rat views the joy of support and announcement forums.

why don't you point them in the direction of this thread. it's here for everybody to read. popping ones head out of the lounge once in a while isn't such a bad idea for, you know, perspective.

given the tone and content of some of the messages i'm reading about myself and other senior staffers, you'll maybe understand that i'm not feeling the need to drop everything and play nice. i understand and celebrate difference of opinion. i understand and celebrate robust debate and a full and frank discussion. i don't get some of the absolute lies and vitriol i've read over the past couple of days.

you didn't answer my other questions... those guys chose to ignore bl's wealth of information to which they have access and ended up in hospital. how does the responsibility for their actions rest with bl and not they, themselves?

if i'm personally responsible for deaths and ods in eadd as you've said, why aren't you responsible for the loungers who died on your watch?

alasdair

Last edited:
I did ask dex to leave me his guitar when he died at least 5 times that he threatened to kill himself so I'll take some responsibility for him. Out of respect I am waiting a year before I hit his mother up on Facebook

I still have the last conversation I had with Dex on my Facebook
Go smoke a joint faggot
I did tuhdaz
Best frands imo [nly i neef to grow

Trying hard to starve off jet lag. Would love a fat line kph, iirc, love you dex but I need to sleep sorry

Làter fàg

I can't believe he called me a faggot twice, I should have reported him for his own safety :( He was dead before I woke

I also told Keaton that his motorcycle was cool as fuck about a week before he wrapped himself around a truck. In hind sight I should have told him to buy a 4WD

Status
Not open for further replies.