• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Is it STILL ridiculous to argue that Kobe . . .

There are only 2 other games that compare to this game. Robert Horry hitting the 3 pointer to save the Lakers from going down 3-1 to the Kings, and D. Fish with the .4 jumper on the Spurs. Just fucking amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

WacoWas AnAccident said:
There are only 2 other games that compare to this game. Robert Horry hitting the 3 pointer to save the Lakers from going down 3-1 to the Kings, and D. Fish with the .4 jumper on the Spurs. Just fucking amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

. . . and, of course, if you count college (and back when the game I'm about to recount transpired, then I do) . . .

. . . Coach K proclaiming to his deflated team with 2.1 seconds to go needing to go 94 feet to defeat Kentucky:

"We . . . are . . . going . . . to . . . WIN . . . THIS . . . GAME!" . . .

. . . followed immediately by Grant Hill throwing a Dan Marino-esque dart to Christian Laettner, who dribbled once, before turning and then hitting a Team Of The 90's-Clinching dagger that will be remembered forever.

I love this game!

LAS20304302316.jpg

To tie it.

LAS10204302306.jpg

For the win.

Who here is with me in thinking LL has "Kobe's Bitch" tattooed over his ass? ;)

I'm still a Kobe hater, I'll admit it. And since I can't provide any hard facts to lower anyone's opinion of his obvious and overwhelming talent, I'll continue to ignore him and mutter incoherent innuendos about him that have no basis in reality. That ought to put him in his place. :D

I think he'd leave me for Kobe in a heartbeat ;)
TheLoveBandit said:
Who here is with me in thinking LL has "Kobe's Bitch" tattooed over his ass? ;)

did kobe break 70 nba records yeseterday?

:)

nope, not the best then.

wait, since he didn't break any records - i guess they changed the rules of the game to thwart him?

nope, that didn't happen either.

:)

hey - did kobe ever average 40 ppg during a season?

nope?

hey, how about 50?

nope?

i guess he didn't get 25 rebounds per game that season either....

False.

They did make a rule change requiring that an ugly Canadian in desperate need of a haircut for the last five years be voted MVP (despite several more deserving candidates) in order to bolster the global market.

You cannot compare the modern NBA to the Wilt Chamberlain NBA. That's a cheap rhetorical flourish that people use in the absence of a real argument.

One time I scored 137 points in a game.

Against my younger slower whiter shorter sister.

I'd further deconstruct michael's "argument," but I have to get back to watching reruns of Wilt Chamberlain having a ten-thousand-an-one-some on Cinemax.

WacoWas AnAccident said:
You cannot compare the modern NBA to the Wilt Chamberlain NBA. That's a cheap rhetorical flourish that people use in the absence of a real argument.

my intrigue in nba basketball rates somewhere between that of my interest in competitive bass fishing and wilford brimley's bowel movements, but would you care to elaborate as to why kobe's and chamberlin's eras are incomparable?

its not as if we're talking about baseball when it was segregated still or football when the players still worked full time jobs in the off season, it was a few decades ago. why is that comparison so outlandish?

I'll answer that one, if I may.

I believe the foundation of that argument is in the fact that they were from seperate eras all together. For example, you could take all of Wilt's money for his pro career and probably not come close to Kobe's pay for a season, heck maybe even not for a week of playing ball. Further to that point, Wilt has had how many hundreds or thousands of women, whereas Kobe fools around with one single chick and she's suing him for rape. It's a completely different world that these two exist in. Kobe's bling on one hand can't compare to the fro's of Wilt's era, espcially if you throw in the long shorts and knee high socks. It's simply a irresolvable fashion clash which prevents us from looking at both players in the same light. We'd go blind and end up dancing disco to the Brian Setzer Orchesta....some things just don't mix, they don't match, they can't be seen together.

Clear enough?

oh wow, wish i had time to read this whole post, but as a footnote on the kobe saga...so this waitress at a sushi bar was a kobe/phil jackson hater last summer and I bet her a shot they would make the playoffs.

after 81 points and those jordanesque heroics in game 4, im thinking she owes me 2

michael said:
hey, how about 50?

nope?

i guess he didn't get 25 rebounds per game that season either....

For the record, Wilt Chamberlain, for all of his glorious statistics, won a grand total of ONE championship ring in his entire career.

Kobe Bryant was a MAJOR contributor to his team's having won THREE championship rings by the same age that many people are still living with their parents.