• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Is it safe to mix Heroin and Melatonin?

Xan_Man

Bluelighter
Searched all over the web, can't find any info. I am wondering if taking a small [5 mg or less] dose of Melatonin while snorting H has any benefits, such as aiding in producing nods? Does it have any dangerous effects? Thanks

I'm not a doctor. But this definitely is not inherently dangerous. Your body produces melatonin as soon as it's dark.

That said - if you take an overdose of heroin, then ANYTHING that makes you sleep is dangerous, including just being tired lol. By that I mean, if you take an OD of heroin, then when you're awake - you can make sure you're breathing, this is harder if you're not awake.

BUT - unlike benzos for example, that will not only make you tired, but ALSO suppress your breathing - melatonin will just make you tired. It's not going to make the dose of heroin any more dangerous than it already was (or wasn't).

Also - it's an incredibly mild sleep-aid. It's not going to "potentiate" your buzz. It is just (at most) going to make you more tired.

Thank you for the info. I will not combine the two then, especially with the issue I've been having. Maybe you can help me with that too - Tonight is my second time ever using Heroin. Both times it was snorted. I've read about people getting nauseous 5-10 minutes afterwards and throwing up. But with me, I don't get nauseous at all until at least a couple hours have passed. I was wondering why this may be. It's a bit concerning because I am afraid to allow myself to fall asleep after using, as I might choke on my vomit in my sleep. How can I prevent this from happening? **I posted that last night, but in the wrong forum I think

Not that I would ever encourage combining anything with heroin, but if you are just beginning to use then potentiating your dose is not something you want to be doing. And it's true if you took an overdose you might be putting yourself in more danger by possibly being asleep when that happens.

Have fun and stay safe.

OP, the fact that the melatonin can make you tired, can add to the sedation of the heroin. Technically it can act as a downer, Be very careful.