• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is it safe to microdose iboga for a long time?

Thanks for sdharing, guys. :) I have been really wanting to get some iboga TA extract again (or HCL). I did a flood dose plus follow -up 6 days later, in April 2014, and it changed my life, I got off opiates and didn't look back, started eating well, and working out, I totally changed my body shape and have been a better person since then. However, almost 6 years later I find myself dealing with a lot of negative thought and behavior patterns, as a result of chronic stress/anxiety/grief from a VERY intense few years of life (due to external ciorcumstances - but I have been overwhelmed and not dealt with it in the best ways in many cases). It's nothing as bad as it was before, but I could really use the subconscious guidance of iboga. I'd like to do some microdosing, and also do a moderate dose, enough to have a night of visions in my bed but nothing like a flood. I found my follow-up dose after my flood (which was about 500mg HCl equivalent) to be absolutely astoundingly beautiful and fascinating.

Iboga is such a powerful healer, unlike anything else. I need to get iboga back in nmy life.

Thank you vastness for your open and honest reply,it was very interesting reading.

Ibogaine hcl is my last chance to change my habits. I ended up in hospital twice in the last 7 years trying to get off of buprenorphine by using Methoxetamine and benzos. I convinced myself that if I used low doses of both I could do it,low and behold I took too many benzos and ended up taking too much Methoxetamine. A huge overdose of 4 grams of Methoxetamine to be precise...Its in one of my early threads.

The second time in hospital was with o-pce at one Christmas. How I'm not dead I don't know. I suppose I could live the rest of my life on buprenorphine,but I feel so much better on kratom,but I can't afford kratom at the doses I'm on and anyway I want to be substance free. The last time I was substance free was at the age of 13,I'm now 44.

I’ve had a gram of TA supposedly 50% Ibogaine extract for nearly 10yrs now. I bought it with the little money I had then in hopes I could wean off my suboxone enough and stay off long enough to take it safely. Unfortunately that never happened...

Right now I’m still on 1mg Suboxone a day. I’m curious if it’s dangerous for me to work into a microdosing regimen that maybe slowly replaces/eliminates my need without causing me problems.

Is there any safe way to go about this? I have a mg scale, I can weigh down to 5mg fairly accurately. I’m curious if anyone has tried anything like this who couldn’t get off a long acting opioid long enough to safely (according to the current literature) utilize ibogaine treatment.

Also any idea on shelf life? It’s been sealed and in a fridge or freezer for most of the time.

-GC

@Xkorth
I read your trip report on erowid. I've never read another like it,thanks for sharing. There was a real duality of good and bad,injected with fantasy and romance. It was more like reading a fantasy novel than someones psychedelic experience.

I have enough Ibogaine hcl for a flood dose,but haven't got anyone to sit for me as I live on my own and haven't got any friends...Left. I'm going to have to stick with a micro flood followed by microdosing.

It does worry me though reading another trip report on erowid of a man with an opiate addiction who had a flood dose of over a gram,but said he didn't like it at all and that it didn't resolve his addiction and that he still suffered withdrawals afterwards until after a week he gave in and scored a fix. He said the whole Iboga thing is a scam.

His is the only one like it that I've read though

So I had another go at ibogaine, although I had less TA extract than I thought I did, so I only did 2 days, 100mg each day (again, TA extract - allegedly ~50% ibogaine HCl content).

Both days I was pretty wiped out, ibogaine I really do find quite physically punishing. The first night I kept waking up like I could really breathe properly, and both days, in fact until halfway through the day after my second and last dose, I had bloodshot eyes like I was the most stoned I've been since being a teenager. If I ever do a flood dose I really have to get to the bottom of what is going on here first since right now I'm concerned it might actually be dangerous for me to do one... Besides that though, I had a lot of muscle aches, it was sometimes an effort to get up and walk around, I took it very very easy and didn't really need to do anything on those days, but still... punishing.

Strangely the second day respiratory side effects were less, like I had developed some kind of tolerance to that particular adverse effect from the first. Anyway 2 days later, who knows - I felt this morning like I really could just take an armodafinil to wake myself up and motivate myself, and yesterday I did think maybe I could drink a few beers later, eat shitty food, haha, who knows... I managed to not do this though and on the whole am feeling alright. I would say, probably, 100mg Ibogaine HCl equivalent probably is NOT enough to break a more serious addiction to a more unforgiving substance, based on my experience... but maybe it will be enough to augment whatever willpower I have that remains to get some more control over my own psychological maladaptations... time will tell.

It's kind of surprising to me that I'd already used so much of my TA extract, of which I thought I had a gram to start with... I know that a few months back I took 200mg at once, with a probably dangerously short margin between, again, a bunch of other ~afinils - in fact there may even have been some overlap and I remember realising this and thinking I could feel some unwelcome cardiac strain... but could be noceboing myself. This was an attempted "quick fix" to substance-away my dissatisfaction with elements of my life at the time, predictably it didn't work and almost right after I started doing ketamine again occasionally. I might have tried another few 50mg doses here and there... but in any case it appears that my one, seemingly successful usage of Ibogaine so far to break a fairly mild dependence on somewhat mild substances as well as overcome some general apathy and listlessness about life in general, took around 500mg TA extract taken over 1 or 2 weeks.

@Xkorth
I read your trip report on erowid. I've never read another like it,thanks for sharing. There was a real duality of good and bad,injected with fantasy and romance. It was more like reading a fantasy novel than someones psychedelic experience.

I have enough Ibogaine hcl for a flood dose,but haven't got anyone to sit for me as I live on my own and haven't got any friends...Left. I'm going to have to stick with a micro flood followed by microdosing.

It does worry me though reading another trip report on erowid of a man with an opiate addiction who had a flood dose of over a gram,but said he didn't like it at all and that it didn't resolve his addiction and that he still suffered withdrawals afterwards until after a week he gave in and scored a fix. He said the whole Iboga thing is a scam.

His is the only one like it that I've read though

I've read of some other accounts like it. In fact a guy I was mentoring some years back got his from the same place as me, took the same mg/kg as me, and said he basically had no effects except some weirdness and it didn't help at all.

The first thing I want to say is that I think my experience was quite unusual. Almost always, people report being very aware of their experience, it is a continuous thing, where something is guiding them through scenes of their life and helping them gain perspective. For me, it was a series of dreams. I think for whatever reason, that's what I needed. I guess I was trying to recover from being abused for a decade. I didn't need to forgive myself, really. I needed a subconscious reprogramming of destructive thought patterns that were the result of self-defense, and that's what I got. I do realize it isn't really like anyone else's experience I've read about, but it was my experience.

But overall I will say, ibogaine is not a miracle cure. It can provide you with a powerful reset. Most people report that it removes withdrawals. What it did for me was made me feel like it had rooted the addiction out of my brain physically. Mentally I was TRULY ready to be done with opiates, I DID NOT want to have them in my life anymore but they had such a firm grip on me physiologically that it was too hard to quit, it was absolute torture. That helped a whole lot because once I wasn't physically addicted anymore (I did still have minor lingering restlessness/sleeplessness for a couple of weeks after but it was easily ignored), I had no problem not doing opiates. If I still had my awful relationship in my life, I probably would have relapsed because that pain would have still been there to want to mask. What's important for anyone trying to quit an addiction is that you need to do the follow-up work. I started working out daily, I went to drug counseling, I started doing the thing I love the most again (music). It's also very important to remove the things that are causing you pain. For me, I had already split with my ex. That relationship was the primary reason I was so addicted to opiates.

If you do ibogaine and then go back to the same situation, hang out with the same people, live the same life, you're bound to relapse. You have to use it as a springboard to make the necessary changes to your life to be able to live healthy and happy.

Xorkoth you remind me of myself a lot. The best I ever was,was before my Mother died. I was at the gym three times a week and felt good.

My addiction is tied in with relationship failures,grief,trust issues and isolation. I'm a wounded soul and carry many scars and know that ultimately I cannot progress and be the person I'm meant to be until I come to terms with the pain and leave it all behind. Its becoming the new person that's daunting.

I'm inherently lazy and like the easy life and usually take short cuts. I'm stuck in a rut and have been for a long time and have come to accept it,but like you or what you were like I want to move on and find a woman I can trust,who'll accept me for who I am,so that I can have the life I want with love,joy and laughter. I'm under no illusion that relationships are perfect,but they're also not all about pain and suffering.

My son is 9 and has never known me to be with a woman,there was a couple of women when he was a toddler but he doesn't remember them. I want to be better for him too,in his little life he's seen me more depressed than anything else.

Not so long ago I was suicidal and even left him a video message. I told my boy's mother who practices shamanism how I was feeling,she knew a man who also practices who could help me. I didn't take any kratom the day I met him on his advice and was in withdrawals.

There were other people there who also had pain in their souls. We were given rape tobacco snuff,then formed a circle,it was a beautiful day and everyone was friendly.
I was first to take the medicine which was bufo (toad venom) the effects were instantaneous and I felt so much love,the weight lifted from my soul and I felt reborn.
It was wonderful and the feeling stayed with me for at least five weeks. I have shifted a lot of negative energy since then but I haven't seen these people since. I tried to make contact with the facilitator again but he seemed negative towards me and not filled with the love I felt before and told me he would let me know about anymore ceremonies,which he didn't even though I know there has been more. I'm part of a whatsapp groupwhich he put me onto,they're his group and people who were there that day are in it. So I know by their posts that there have been ceremonies.

This made me feel rejected. I post things on the whatsapp page and hardly get any responses,whereas they respond to each other all the time...It feels clique. I went from feeling part of the tribe to feeling like I'd been banished,only allowed on the peripheries. I had the taste of a group of people who seemed to genuinely love each other and care,which I'd not experienced before in that way to being starved of it.

It's made me feel that these people are no different from everyone else,especially family...In a way they're worse because they don't practice what they preach,at least family are what they are. As I write this it seems like they are a cult,maybe they are,but cult is a term that has many connotations.

This experience has left me feeling even more isolated,like something is wrong with me. I was the kind of kid that gave his toys away so friends would play with him only to have them go off with other friends,its a pattern that's gone through my life. I carry anger with me that simmers under the surface. I've become cynical and bitter,even though I still have love in my heart,its just buried under a ton of shit.

People I trust turn on me. I had a friend from my younger days who I made contact with when my Father became Ill. He smoked lots of cannabis,but I'd stopped many years ago. I was then making cannabis oil for my Dad and had lots of bud left over which I started to sell to my friend at a great price. I started to smoke again to take the stress out of caring for my Dad who was terminal. My friend started asking me lots of questions how to grow,then asked me to help him set up a grow room,which I did. I knew he would eventually stop buying from me but it didn't bother me,it was his friendship that meant more. We organised a trip to Amsterdam which was good,even though he kept storming about like he was on speed whereas I like to stroll and take in the sites. On that trip in one of our conversations I told him I trust children and animals more than adults as they're more honest and that I have trust issues. I was opening up to him and confiding in him.

When we got back he changed towards me,his family changed too. Then I heard the rumour going round that he said I was a paedophile (what the f@#$.) Then a neighbour that lives behind me likes weed too,so I started selling a bit to him. He invited me round one night and he and his wife were very friendly. Then not long ago when I was suicidal he came round for some bud,so I confided in him about my situation and that I was an addict which he didn't know. I haven't seen or heard from him since and his wife ignored me in the street the other day. I felt like in your Ibogaine experience where people would cross the road and look down on you...Even though they don't really know you.

What's wrong with people? I used to blame myself for everything,that I'm not adequate,not good enough,not accepted. So my friends have become drugs,but they're just as bad if not worse. We all need human contact,we're pack animals,but I now believe that some of us are meant to be on our own even if its painful and lonely and that's sad.

Wow poured my heat out here. You can see I don't get the chance to communicate much.

I used to have good friends when I was younger but either they dead or moved away. I have two older sisters and don't see them much as they have their own families. So the changes I'm going to have to incorporate into my life after the Ibogaine are going to be massive. I know ibogaine is not a magic wand but a tool,an ally which I'll use to the best of my ability. Mentally I'm ready and prepped,if ibogaine can really sort out the physical withdrawals and addiction then I've got it sussed. I got off of Heroin before at the age of 20,so I can do it again.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you've had such a rough go of it, man. A lot of people suck. The guy telling people you're a pedophile behind your back because you said you trust children more than adults, WTF?? Way to prove your point for you. That's so fucked up. And not your fault at all. I trust children and animals more than adults, too, any sane human being would. It sounds like you've got a lot of shitty people around you, which sucks.

I'm inherently lazy, too. Although I get a lot done, what I really want is to live the easy life, do minimal work. I think that's a common thing, especially among drug users, as using drugs is basically a lazy way to make yourself feel better.

These days that post-ibogaine guy is pretty far on the sidelines. I really have regressed a lot back into old patterns.

I don't know what is wrong with some people. All I know is that not everyone is like that.

I'm very glad you felt you were able to unload here. :) If there is no other place in the world you can share your troubles, PD/Bluelight is a place you always can. ❤

@Phoenix_rising Id like to hear more about this group you attended. Why do you feel they excluded you? Any other details on the group and their dynamic? How and why did the group leaders attitude change?

That is pretty shitty that they gave you a taste then excluded you from then on. Psychedelic and healing based groups can be cliche’y for a number of reasons unfortunately, having been somewhat apart of that community for awhile now. I ask the questions above to hopefully become better myself.

-GC

The "recovery industry" unfortunately contains a lot of predatory "clinics" who prey on people in need and don't really care about helping you, they just want your money (of course there are also wonderful ones). It's a real shame, especially because these ayahuasca and ibogaine clinics charge people a LOT of money.

@Phoenix_rising Id like to hear more about this group you attended. Why do you feel they excluded you? Any other details on the group and their dynamic? How and why did the group leaders attitude change?

That is pretty shitty that they gave you a taste then excluded you from then on. Psychedelic and healing based groups can be cliche’y for a number of reasons unfortunately, having been somewhat apart of that community for awhile now. I ask the questions above to hopefully become better myself.

-GC

The bufo ceremony was amazing. I was in such a bad place and it was exactly what I needed at the time. Fortunately I research everything and had known about the sonoran desert toad and it's effects for many years, but not once did the provider ask me if I did.
There are people that go into these things blind and need educating first,they need to know the facts otherwise it could be overwhelming and dangerous.

There wasn't any real follow up,just a text a few days later asking if I were ok. I believe whole heartedly in psychedelic therapy and shamanism when done properly and responsibly. I couldn't have got the help at that time anywhere else that I knew of,so for that I'm grateful and thankful.

As you can imagine I had come from a bad place with negative people around me to being immersed in love and positivity and I wanted more of it. The circle do live a way from me,which is a problem as I can't just pop round there,but I was told before I left that I would be always welcome,so when I did make an effort to contact again and passed on my love to the family I was met with the words "I'll let you know" and that was it,whereas before it was love and light.

Maybe it's me,maybe being too sensitive and looking into things too much,being paranoid,but it does feel like I've been abandoned and left out in the cold,it doesn't seem that they've really reached out to me. Maybe I'm too needy,but I don't think so.

Have you ever pursued psychedelic medicines to use on your own? In my opinion too much weight gets put into “shamanism” and often many of these people will make you believe you can only experience the most mystical of states with their guidance. This is due to a combination of gatekeeping and greed.

-GC

I agree, although with ibogaine, there is a bit more health risk and you do need someone to watch over you even because behaviorally speaking you might not be in control of yourself fully. That said, I did do my flood dose at home. I had a friend sit for me. It was quite affordable that way, I never would have been able to do it if I had to pay thousands plus travel to do it "professionally".

I’ve had a gram of TA supposedly 50% Ibogaine extract for nearly 10yrs now. I bought it with the little money I had then in hopes I could wean off my suboxone enough and stay off long enough to take it safely. Unfortunately that never happened...

Right now I’m still on 1mg Suboxone a day. I’m curious if it’s dangerous for me to work into a microdosing regimen that maybe slowly replaces/eliminates my need without causing me problems.

Is there any safe way to go about this? I have a mg scale, I can weigh down to 5mg fairly accurately. I’m curious if anyone has tried anything like this who couldn’t get off a long acting opioid long enough to safely (according to the current literature) utilize ibogaine treatment.

Also any idea on shelf life? It’s been sealed and in a fridge or freezer for most of the time.

-GC

Hey g_chem,

Just wanted to touch base with you on this topic you posted. I replied to another thread that you were inquiring about with regards to replacement of 1 mg on suboxone to micro-dosing ibogaine. I can't seem to find anything related to this type of usage? I've been on 1 mg of sub for about 2 months now, and recently reduced this to 0.5 of sub daily. I'm a little scared to mix these two substances in order to accomplish the ween off from sub and micro-dose of Ibogaine moving forward.

Please let me know if you've had any luck doing this recently or found any other folks that have successfully done this method.

Take care,

FizoJizo

OP, what is a "long time"?
Are You speaking in days that You microdose or are You speaking in over a long period of time?

Hey g_chem,

Just wanted to touch base with you on this topic you posted. I replied to another thread that you were inquiring about with regards to replacement of 1 mg on suboxone to micro-dosing ibogaine. I can't seem to find anything related to this type of usage? I've been on 1 mg of sub for about 2 months now, and recently reduced this to 0.5 of sub daily. I'm a little scared to mix these two substances in order to accomplish the ween off from sub and micro-dose of Ibogaine moving forward.

Please let me know if you've had any luck doing this recently or found any other folks that have successfully done this method.

Take care,

FizoJizo

Will do! Currently I’m actually taking more like 1.5mg Suboxone plus an unknown amount of benzoylmorphine each day to deal with post op pain but here in a few weeks I plan on tapering back down and within a month I plan on utilizing low dose Ibogaine as I said to see if I can do a slow transition.

I’ll keep you updated once I start. If you start before me please do the same, this is pretty uncharted territory.

-GC