• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is it possible to get "bad" HWBR seeds? Not working.

nancy145

Bluelighter
So me and my friend bought some HWBR seeds about a week ago. He tried tried them first, but didn't trip. He did however fall asleep four hours after ingestion so it's possible he slept through it. I tried them the other day and didn't trip either, but I was awake for 6+ hours after ingestion. I only chewed them apart into like 4-6 peices, biting it with my front teeth, so I'm not sure if that's why I didn't trip. Another possibility is that I just started taking an antacid (nexium) so maybe my stomach just couldn't digest it? I've used HWBR seeds before, and these look and taste like them, so they definitely are HWBR. Why didn't we trip?

Edit: we both took them again yesterday. He experienced full expected effects, but I barely felt anything and what I did feel might've been placebo. I take an antipsychotic called vraylar, which at least weakens it, so maybe that's why.

Last edited:
Any Morning Glory or HBWS that are over 6 months old they degrade and get very weak. I have had HBWS that someone grew in a greenhouse in Florida. He sent me some fresh seeds, they were still in the pod. 3 of them was like 120 mics of LSD. I still have a few left from 10 years ago but will not try them as they are probably flat. I see people say they did 20, if I had taked 20 of the fresh seeds I would have been in the luny bin.

Growing your own Morning Glory yourself is the way to go. If you have a greenhouse or live in a warmer climate HBW is a pretty vine.

Last edited:
Any Morning Glory or HBWS that are over 6 months old they degrade and get very weak. I have had HBWS that someone grew in a greenhouse in Florida. He sent me some fresh seeds, they were still in the pod. 3 of them was like 120 mics of LSD. I still have a few left from 10 years ago but will not try them as they are probably flat. I see people say they did 20, if I had taked 20 of the fresh seeds I would have been in the luny bin.

Growing your own Morning Glory yourself is the way to go. If you have a greenhouse or live in a warmer climate HBW is a pretty vine.
What exactly is 120ug/mics of LSD like in effects?

How did you avoid the cramping or vomiting that HBWR and Morning glory seeds apparently produce? I was curious about both but never used either as oftentimes the seeds sold in stores are coated with toxic chemicals, and I had access to LSD, and later shrooms.

What exactly is 120ug/mics of LSD like in effects?

How did you avoid the cramping or vomiting that HBWR and Morning glory seeds apparently produce? I was curious about both but never used either as oftentimes the seeds sold in stores are coated with toxic chemicals, and I had access to LSD, and later shrooms.

Hmmm 120 mics of LSD is just a solid starter dose of acid capable of producing a full on trip for some people. It is usually one blotter if we were to take an average. Lots of literature on effects.

I never got cramps or anything other than nasuea on any of these seeds. And when they are fresh I get no nausea at all.

Last edited:
You should grind them up before eating them, don't just chew them, for one I imagine it will taste pretty nasty but also your body will thank you not having to digest those seed husks.

But yes it is quite possible that they would have degraded, I imagine, although I don't really have any sources for referenes, lysergamides are not the most stable compounds but they're also not the most fragile which obviously isn't useful information for anyone.

I never got cramps or anything other than nasuea on any of these seeds. And when they are fresh I get no nausea at all.
Whaaaaaaaaaaa.... t? NO nausea from fresh seeds? I can barely believe this. I've tried both MG and HBWR and both induced nausea that was horrific. I have a sensitive stomach maybe compared to some but even so. No nausea? Cereally? :?

Whaaaaaaaaaaa.... t? NO nausea from fresh seeds? I can barely believe this. I've tried both MG and HBWR and both induced nausea that was horrific. I have a sensitive stomach maybe compared to some but even so. No nausea? Cereally? :?

I agree. I have done the same in my early psychonaut days and the nausea combined with the hallucinations were... ugh. I have no words for it.

Are you certain you got the right type of seeds?

OK I'll say it again. I have had nausea from MG seeds. Horrible nausea that I knew if I barfed I would have a weaker trip. Nausea happens about 3/4ths of the time. But with the fresh HBWS that I did 3 times and some fresh mushy Morning Glories I grew and had zero nausea and a very strong trip. Now it could be because I toked about a half hour after I ingested them. For the most part if I can stick it out the nausea passes and I have a great trip. So I do know the nausea well. Never cramps though.

I don't get nausea from cactus skin powder at all. So I do scratch my when I see people say it is a hard thing to swallow without getting sick. Go figure that eh? But Morning Glory is the most nauseating thing to taste of anything I ever had. At one point I could take 50 gr of kratom for breakfast and do that again at dinner. No nausea. Yet I use to get nausea from kratom. But the thought of Morning Glory taste is nauseating just thinking about it.

I get lazy and want to grow them every year. But only have done that for 3 seasons in many years. But I would recommend it to try.

I don't think Nancy cares about her seeds anymore. :)

Last edited:
HBWR are probably the most critical of all botanicals to get fresh. The difference between a strong trip and no trip is only a few months, even in the best of circumstances. I grow my own for that very reason. Fresh seeds are almost a different experience vs. those that come from botanical vendors...

Ive enjoyed both MG and HBWR many times.

I dont trip easily of lsd, i can achieve a head space of fun, but do not get much visual and never have.
I can eat a 10 strip of great lsd that has others on the floor. I dont mean this to sound like im bragging, im not. I just seem to process lsd differently than most.

(Let me also say, im a bit more susceptible to 2cs and find low doses sufficient compared to others, so perhaps makeup is at play?)
But with both MG and HBWR seeds, i get a similiar outcome to lsd although less intense. But i do not suffer much abdominal issues.

I do drink lots of garlic drinks of varying preparation and maybe this helps?
I have always ground seeds, soaked in h20 for hours and then consumed.
Just thought i would add my experiences

Hmmm 120 mics of LSD is just a solid starter dose of acid capable of producing a full on trip for some people. It is usually one blotter if we were to take an average. Lots of literature on effects.

Ok thanks. I found this website which is a lot better at explaining the effects of LSD and the effects of the acid you get at various mics/ug. It is better at detailing it than the erowid website or another dosage range that gets posted on drug websites.

Today a friend asked me if I regret any of my LSD experiences even the first one which was super high in a single windowpane made out of gelatin, it was not a four way hit or like 4 hits of acid but it was dosed super high, to the point where everyone who took it had an out of body experience and it was the strongest acid we (my classmates and I in highschool who were into drugs at the time, we all took this acid when it was here in the 1990s in the Northeast), have ever taken.

I told my friend no. I did not regret any of the 11 acid trips I have had.

Dosage Guide
LSD is unpredictable in intensity, and relatively minor dose variations may induce significantly different trips. The discussion below is a generalization of our experiences, but experiences that are “outliers” are not infrequent. Use this as a starting point only.

25 ug to 75 ug. A threshold/mild experience. A mild mood altering experience, with mild euphoria. Visual hallucinations are limited to color sensations, mild "breathing" effect, and psychedelic color flashes, especially when viewing bright objects like computer monitors or phones. Main trip may last four to six hours, but comedown may extend to standard length.

75 ug to 150 ug. A substantial experience. All phases of the LSD experience described above experienced. At lower range, hallucinations limited to a breathing effect, strong psychedelic colors, mild visual hallucinations (e.g., objects appear distorted). At the higher end of range, full hallucinations, with object appearing that do not exist, substantial distortion of actual objects, strong swaying of objects like trees, cartoon-like images. Sense of self intact; standard logic still applying, but self-judgment and fear/anxiety greatly reduced.

150 to 200 ug. Beautiful colors are everywhere, with stronger visual hallucinations overall. Closed eye visuals are very apparent. Life changing, spiritual experiences or realization may occur. Anxiety may occur.

200 to 300 ug. The peak of this trip can be very intense or even scary but like any LSD trip, once the peak effects are over, a state of contentment may follow. Sense of self remains intact, but irrational thoughts and obsessive thought patterns may arise, including “thought loops” or “looping”. Panic about one’s own safety, of the safety of loved ones, may occur. Closed-eye visuals are very strong at this dose.

300 to 400 ug. Strong visuals, loss of sense of self/ego dissolution begins. Standard logic may no longer apply at points. Visuals are intense. May be difficult to walk or understand normal day to day activities.

400 ug to 500 ug. Time distortions may become intense, including feelings of time stopping. Sense of self often gone/full ego dissolution is possible. Body movement becomes difficult and disorienting. No longer able to form rational thoughts as one enters a temporary psychotic state (not generally unpleasant). Very intense visual hallucinations. Closed eye hallucinations may be overwhelming, with some wishing to be able to escape the intensity of the trip.

500 to 700 ug. Very strong hallucinations. Objects appearing that do not exist. Elaborate hallucinations. Strong loss of reality. Entire ego dissolution likely. Strong religious or symbolic imagery may occur/mystical experiences reported. Often overwhelming.

700 to 1000 ug. Full out of body experiences. Synesthesia more likely. Religious imagery often strong. Entire loss of rationality, lack of ability to walk or interact in any meaningful way. Burning Man’s “Virtual Burn” begins to sound like a good idea.

1000 to 1500 ug Perception of standard reality stops. Entire field of vision may be hallucinations, including strong fractal hallucinations. Sense of death (or more accurately sense of ceasing to exist) often occurs.

1500 ugs+ Experiences may be similar to DMT but extended. Basic body functions are challenging. Vision is consumed by hallucinations. No sense of self remains. Audio hallucinations may be strong. Standard reality no longer applies. Merging with objects likely. No type of rational thought left.

Last edited: