Is it possible to find out who deleted my post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this is a key word I use ( and no others usually do ) I am going to guess that it was me that deleted your comment for being " inappropriate ".

Think I did it yesterday and it was probably reported by another member if it was snotty or disparaging or rude or just not nice.....especially if it was in The Dark Side.

I don't recall the actual comment but I will be glad to revisit it if you can tell me what you wrote. It wasn't personal.....it could have just been outside of our guidelines.

I can also take a look at your posting history and see which comment it was ( and will do that here in a few ) and can un-delete it if I acted in haste.

As I suspected it was in TDS in the suicide thread. Your response was snarky and your reference to the other posters " invisible friends " was indeed inappropriate.

I know you are a new poster but each separate sub forum has their own guidelines and then there is the overall rule book which is BLUA.

Just so you know TDS is heavily moderated as the posters in there are the most vulnerable and fragile.

I stand by my deletion. If this is unsatisfactory to you , you can take it up with Admin.

I remember the post. It was along the lines of "argue with me why I should carry on living without reference to mystical fairy beings in the sky" or something. Much as I sympathize and empathize with the sentiments, having been in that place muchly myself, none of us can save you from your thoughts, and BL isn't a suicide hotline type service. Many other BLers are only just about holding on by a thread themselves. And as you can probably imagine yourself, rationalizing with a person in that mindset is largely impossible, especially via online pixels, and incredibly draining. We all wish you the best, but nobody wants to argue with you about why you should live and not die <3

I understand your position.,
But
It was along the lines of "argue with me why I should carry on living without reference to mystical fairy beings in the sky"
Is quite a paraphrase.
My point was more about that single word response being solely in the domain of "believers"
I realise I should have just ignored it as being outside my parameters, but I am SO tired of living in a world largely controlled by trust in documents thousands of years old.
Snarky ?
Possibly. That is a ground state for grumpy old men
But I do agree with the requirement to protect the most vulnerable. Surely anyone with true faith would not be numbered among those.?

I am fascinated by the interpolation of my statements.

What I'd like is for Edika's post of "Never" to be removed on the basis it is obviously facetious and threatens my stability.

Asked and answered. Sorry some of the posters on here don't agree with the comments they get when they make a thread. Nature of the beast that is a drug forum and not Better Homes and Gardens. People aren't themselves half the time and say some off the wall shit. All we can do is the best we can to limit comments that are reported by others.

The comment " never " was their opinion as to when someone should contemplate suicide. While that response was lame and untrue ( as even mentally well people think about it from time to time ) it's a one word answer that can just sit there. My advice..........scroll past the lame comments ( unless they violate blua and then report them ) and just try and have fun, get along, help others and NEVER take anything personal. Will leave it open for your thoughts and then I am going to close it as once questions are resolved the threads are supposed to be closed. I'm sorry ONE of your many comments got deleted but believe me.....it has no bearing on you as a person or who you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.