• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Is it OK to take Yohimbine with Clonidine?

Bomb319

Bluelighter
An odd combination to say the least, indeed. I take 0.6 mg Clonidine (prescribed) daily, and have done so every day since 2014. For anyone unfamiliar with this drug, this is actually a relatively high amount. I take 0.2 mg (2 pills) with my morning dose of methadone, and 0.4 mg (4 pills) at bedtime. I'm betting that right about now, you're wondering why I'm bothering with the Clonidine if I'm on methadone; don't worry - I shall explain that ;) At first, I took it to ease the symptoms of heroin withdrawal (fucking nightmare, as many of us know) as well as a sleep aid. This latter effect is the primary reason I continue taking it to this day, although the antihypertensive effect is useful as well since I am now overweight (thank you so much, Methadone) and it also helps with some of the mild opioid withdrawal that occurs if/when I occasionally double up on my methadone dose and therefore run out early.

Yohimbine I've never. ever tried before, don't really care too much about, yet became slightly interested in when I saw it for sale on a gray-market clearnet site. To be perfectly honest, I ordered it mostly to push my order of Etizolam over $200 to get free shipping :p. At any rate, Wikipedia informs me that while Clonidine is an Alpha-2 adrenergic agonist (which I knew), Yohimbine apparently is an Alpha-2 adrenergic ANTagonist (which I did not). Therefore, would it ever be safe to try the Yohimbine considering that there is ALWAYS Clonidine in my system?

I'm not an ENTIRE newbie to pharmacology, and I doubt that the meeting of these two chemicals will cause the universe to annihilate as if matter and antimatter were to meet...however, my biggest concern is that any sudden disruption in effect of the Clonidine may briefly cause a hypertensive crisis. triggering a stroke or heart attack. If it makes any difference, the Yohimbine pills are pressed and labelled as 2.5 mg each (this particular company is apparently known to be fairly accurate when it comes to dose measurement in their pressed pills). An additional concern is that a rapid/increased heartbeat is purportedly an effect of Yohimbine as well.

So I'm really not sure what to do here. Wiki says Yohimbine is mostly either overrated or placebo anyway when it comes to increasing any sexual effects...is it really worth chancing it, or should I just chuck these pressed pills in the garbage? I really hate to waste substances like that, however I sure as hell am not prepared to risk any legal consequences by going downtown and trying to peddle Yohimbine, of all things.

Last edited: