• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Is it normal to throw up after taking a big hit of crack?

FreedomCalls

Bluelighter
Just started trying crack out and if I get good crack and take a big hit in about 10 seconds I vomit.. is this normal?

Also... what a fiendish drug this bastard is. I literally can take a hit and 15 seconds later go for another... this shit is not good

I don't know but if your not used to it then yeah probably. Put the pipe down before you end up selling your possessions to sucking on the devils dick. Not a drug to fool around with but you have probably done your research. Don't do it stick with coke if you want to get high on cocaine. Crack is highly addictive and can put you in the gutter very quickly

You've just started....put the pipe down, destroy the fucking thing friend, do it now while you can as it won't be long before you can't

The vomiting is telling you this 'aint for you mate, do yourself the biggest favour you will ever do yourself and stop, today

Normal? No, most users do not throw up after hitting the pipe.

However, I’ve known a handful of people who would throw up after their hits well after they developed a tolerance so it’s also not something to be worried about.

I think it has to do with the dosage. You're flooding your brain very quickly with a bunch of coke, which in turn floods your body with norepinephrine. The norepinephrine diverts blood from your digestive track and into your muscles. This causes digestion to shut down and your stomach to contract. Causing you to vomit.

On the plus side you're either getting some A+ grade crack or have the lungs of a whale to vomit off one hit.
I used to almost always puke the first shot of an I.V. coke binge but I've never experienced that from smoking it.

Also i feel obligated to say quit while you're ahead. Take a page from the 80's -- crack is wack yo.

Last edited:
Yeah you guys are all right, it definitely is time to call it a day with this shit. I already had a love hate relationship with cocaine because as much as i love doing it I hate every second of it, it's a very strange sensation.

At the comments that crack is wack, yes it is, but in my area (massachusettes) finding good coke is near impossible. It seems at least the crack has some purity to it, street coke around here is complete shit.

If you swallow you will get sick, thats what more experienced crackheads taight me. Luckily i hate the buzz
Try to stay away, its a nasty drug with no positive effects and will ruin your life

The crackheads I used to have to deal with gauged the quality by whether it made them throw up. Personally, ive never thrown up on crack (but have felt a bit nauseous on substandard stuff), but i can see how the intensity might be too much for some.

There was a period when i was like 18-19 and was getting seriously killer Crack. I remember this one day when I put this massi've chunk in my stem at once. It was an ENORMOUS hit and within 30 seconds of me exhaling i was running towards the bathroom to hurl. This has only happened a couple times back when i started.

I don't smoke it anymore but there was a period of my life when i was really into Cocaine and Crack. Years back in the late 90's and early 2000's the stuff was fire in the North East. I'd get so high that I couldn't even talk to people properly. Still loved the stuff though and would spend days upon end whacked out of my mind a paranoid mess.

I've gotten good stuff since then but is rarer than it used to be and more likely to be cut up. Last summer i did smoke crack one day when I was all messed up on Benzos. Deff brought me out of my stupor for awhile, was pretty fun.

Slightly off topic, but I've always wondered why it is that crack only seems to hit when you exhale. I've held the smoke in for varying lengths of time, but it only seems to take effect when you blow it out. Any thoughts why this might be?

Slightly off topic, but I've always wondered why it is that crack only seems to hit when you exhale. I've held the smoke in for varying lengths of time, but it only seems to take effect when you blow it out. Any thoughts why this might be?

The alveoli in your lungs absorb gases by having them pass through them. So even though smoke and vapors will naturally float around inside your lungs leading to absorption. It's most effective to manually push the air in and out for maximum absorption.

The alveoli in your lungs absorb gases by having them pass through them. So even though smoke and vapors will naturally float around inside your lungs leading to absorption. It's most effective to manually push the air in and out for maximum absorption.

Excellent answer, and makes perfect sense now you point it out. Thank you! :D

Some alveoli and mucous surfaces absorbed some of the active ingredient and were able to come on line again in time to suck up a little more when the smoke blew by them the other way?

Could there be enough of an emesis-inducing cut in crack to cause one to upchuck? I hear stories all the time about the Coke Shits from mannitol used as a cut for powder cocaine . . .

Some alveoli and mucous surfaces absorbed some of the active ingredient and were able to come on line again in time to suck up a little more when the smoke blew by them the other way?

Could there be enough of an emesis-inducing cut in crack to cause one to upchuck? I hear stories all the time about the Coke Shits from mannitol used as a cut for powder cocaine . . .

Idk but i think I've thought of a foolproof use of the scientific method to test this.

If you take a hit, get high as fuck, and vomit...it's the coke.
if you take a hit and vomit, yet still find yourself relatively sober. It's the cut.

fukin science amirite guys.

Idk but i think I've thought of a foolproof use of the scientific method to test this.

if you take a hit and vomit, yet still find yourself relatively sober. It's the cut.

Yes, that's called a bio-assay if I am not mistaken . . .

"Completed the final step of the synthesis and bio-assayed the product (shot it up)" and so forth

Yes, that's called a bio-assay if I am not mistaken . . .

"Completed the final step of the synthesis and bio-assayed the product (shot it up)" and so forth

Fuck yea bro, and we're using our biological processes to determine the purity of any product till the shadow people beg us to stop.

Sorry I'm too drunk to be serious right now.

Fuck yea bro, and we're using our biological processes to determine the purity of any product till the shadow people beg us to stop.

Sorry I'm too drunk to be serious right now.

Yes that's about the size of it . . . all that comes to comment on narcotics mixed with potentiators are raccoons, cats, dogs, ferrets, mongooses and the like. I think it was the receptor-activation profile because only fentanyl did that . . . if fentanyl felt like hydromorphone or nicmorphine I'd be set, but of course that was not the case . . . I would feel just like Jesus' son and the house would sound like 50 people are in it and full of animals and I don't have to shell out any more dough or clean up any animal shit . . .

Yes that's about the size of it . . . all that comes to comment on narcotics mixed with potentiators are raccoons, cats, dogs, ferrets, mongooses and the like. I think it was the receptor-activation profile because only fentanyl did that . . . if fentanyl felt like hydromorphone or nicmorphine I'd be set, but of course that was not the case . . . I would feel just like Jesus' son and the house would sound like 50 people are in it and full of animals and I don't have to shell out any more dough or clean up any animal shit . . .

Dude I'm confused as shit. Was this meant to go somewhere else?
Or am i just really fucking stupid?

as sarcastic as this this is good advice haha.