• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it hard to od if you just smoke heroin not shoot it?

deadhead4lyfe89

Bluelighter
Really sorry if this sounds dumb.

But I have an anxiety disorder and I'm a huge worrier I can't help it I worry all the time.
I have a high tolerance to opiates I've smoked Oxys daily for two years and now I smoke heroin for two years. Brown black tar but good tar.
In the last 6 months I've been smoking a lot.

My main question and worry is can you overdose from smoking brown???

Is it possible but hard/rare???

One of the main reasons I worry is cuz I take 2 mg clonazepam daily. Since I have an anxiety disorder I've been taking 2mg clonazepam daily for two years. That's mainly why I worry about overdosing . But I only smoke it never shoot I have a needle phobia.

Again probably dumb question but I'd really appreciate some advise
Thank you.
Peace

It's definitely possible, but harder. Essentially because it enters your body instantly, and in small quantities at a time, so you're titrating up - unless you are doing absolutely massive runs with no time gap between, it's quite rare. If you haven't OD'd within about 5 minutes of inhalation, you probably won't.

Have you a single reference to support the above statement? I triad about a year ago and 3 weeks of reading inquest after inquest and I couldn't find a single example. The one unusual one I came up with was some guy who had obtained 5, 30mg amps of diamorphine hydrochloride. He snorted 4, lay back and expired. Yes, smoking H can kill you, but that's idiots taking a mixture of downers OR people passing out & choking on own vomit. With smoked H alone, AFAIK you cannot fatally OD. Don't forget, OD ≠ certain death. You can pass out but still keep breathing - that's an OD...

hell yes, you can.

yes, it's "harder" to OD via an ROA other than IV, but that doesn't mean it's very hard at all. this is especially true when you throw benzos (or other depressants) into the mix.

be safe.
-Sim

I have no exp. w/ it but I am in a class that I must take every other week and I have heard multiple people say they have OD'd from smoking "bad" dope or gotten too high and just passed out and woke up hours later w/o a clue, which is kinda an OD itself.

again, I only shoot and I know I can surly OD from that but I have to take a class for my bupe and hear others mention OD from smoking.

always be careful, man.. esp. dope and benzos. I've been mixing myself A LOT and its a scary mix but just be careful.

I have OD'd from it before.

The odds of OD from cns depression from smoking heroin are slim to none. Even if you have alcohol, or benzos in your system. You would have to cconstant take hit after hit after hit. But you would be noddin at that point so it would be difficult to do.