• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

is it dangerous to keep redosing hydromorphone?

Alfonso_Camarga

Bluelighter
took 3mg this morning and then 2mg more around 4pm and another 2mg around 7 and then 1mg more 11pm, all orally. yesterday was my first time using in a while so tolerance is low and took around 4mg yesterday. wondering if i maybe over did it today my breathing is shallowing and i’m really tired just don’t know if i should sleep

is it safe to sleep?

As long as you’ve left it long enough that your last dose has peaked you should be safe to sleep.

Don’t redose this often in future and also know that you seem to be showing the signs that you could easily become addicted if you have the cash and the supply to continue using.
So if you start using an opioid that you can smoke, snort or inject your chance of getting hooked quicker is very real!

Please watch what you’re doing and don’t dose more than once every two weeks!

I say that cause once a week will screw up your endogenous opioids and make you more depressed and tired etc making you more likely to want to redose and then risk addiction.

Get some naloxone if you can too, I know you can’t really self administer it but good to have some around so someone else can give you it if you go over.

Stay safe! 👍

As long as you’ve left it long enough that your last dose has peaked you should be safe to sleep.

Don’t redose this often in future and also know that you seem to be showing the signs that you could easily become addicted if you have the cash and the supply to continue using.
So if you start using an opioid that you can smoke, snort or inject your chance of getting hooked quicker is very real!

Please watch what you’re doing and don’t dose more than once every two weeks!

I say that cause once a week will screw up your endogenous opioids and make you more depressed and tired etc making you more likely to want to redose and then risk addiction.

Get some naloxone if you can too, I know you can’t really self administer it but good to have some around so someone else can give you it if you go over.

Stay safe! 👍
i will be more careful for sure. honestly this morning i took 2mg orally at 8AM it’s now 4pm and i’ve been having crazy anxiety/panic almost all afternoon. is it safe to take a very small bit of valium like 1/3 a 2.5mg?

Those doses are perfectly safe. Don't mix benzos in if you are worried about respiratory depression.

For comparison, my local hospital gives 3mg oral hydromorphone every 4h and they never have OD issues. The BA of oral hydro is something like 30% after all!

Those doses are perfectly safe. Don't mix benzos in if you are worried about respiratory depression.

For comparison, my local hospital gives 3mg oral hydromorphone every 4h and they never have OD issues. The BA of oral hydro is something like 30% after all!
Out of curiosity, is that dosing for nontolerant/new patients at the hospital? Is it IV or oral?

I mean yeah, opioids are dangerous. But those doses don't seem alarming to me. I've done over 50mg in a day insufflated, but I had a tolerance. And survivorship bias and all that. To be clear I am not recommending anything that high.