• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Is it bad to snort meth and drink alcohol together?

Demiflwhr

Greenlighter
What kind of side effects does a meth high with alcohol have? I previously wanted to mix the two but I stopped after a shot of tequila because I wasn't sure what would happen. Someone told me that they cancel each other out and you start to feel nothing but that doesn't seem logical to me. Is that true?

Amphetamines and alcohol is actually a pretty common combination. They don't exactly cancel each other out. This resource states taking amphetamines with alcohol can cause cardiovascular problems beyond just increased heart rate. What usually happens is the amphetamines mask the depressant effects of the alcohol, allowing people to think they can drink more. The end result is usually much worse. Both alcohol and [meth]amphetamine cause dehydration.

drugs.com said:
GENERALLY AVOID: Alcohol may potentiate the cardiovascular effects of amphetamines. The exact mechanism of interaction is unknown. In one study, concurrent administration of methamphetamine (30 mg intravenously) and ethanol (1 gm/kg orally over 30 minutes) increased heart rate by 24 beats/minute compared to methamphetamine alone.

Long story short, be careful with this combination, or, better yet, don't do it at all.

I used to love this combo I would get super drunk call my guy and than snort some. Till I got tired of being overly dehydrated and having fat headaches

cocaine goes much better with alcohol. Meth will just keep u from getting drunk...