• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Is Gabapentin really a fentanyl WD miracle?

dopenomore

Greenlighter
TLDR; is gabapentin as awesome for the physical Fent WDs as I've heard?

Didn't even realize I had an account from 2016...been on this bs ride too long and I'm so ready to get off again.

Basically my fent habit is about 1-1.5 g/day for the last almost 3 years. Powder/rock fent, no presses. I snort it, don't bang it. I've quit before but always let my dumb as self talk me into it not being so bad...it is. All of it is.

My question is in the title. Is Gabapentin w. Some Clonidine really this awesome cocktail that helps opiate/fent physical WD as much as I hear? Was prescribed 90 600mg gaba and 30 0.1mcg Clonidine with 100mg Trazadones. Detoxed with the other 2 before. Not even attempting the sub/bupe route this time. PWDs suck and I never know a good time to take it with all these different fent analogues & half lives.

I've never taken Gabapentin before, I know some dudes in rehab even sniffed theirs to abuse em, don't wanna hit that road either. And I know the physical WD is gonna suuuckk suuck for 5-7 days, but I'm hearing gaba "helps sooo much", "almost removed all physical wds for me", "it's a godsend". Does it really help THAT much? Did it help you kick fent/opiates that much? How many do you recommend I take and when for max. Relief? Before kicking, during?

I know it has its own bad WDs if taken too much for too long, I only plan to use it for 5-7 days max. Thank you, any help is seriously appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: klh
I've always advocated for clonidine for opiate withdrawals as it helped me so much with mine. Gabapentin plus clonidine can only help even more, BUT please ask your doctor about combining them and at what doses.

Also be really careful with gabapentin because you get a tolerance to it ridiculously quickly hence a lot of people fall in to the trap of increasing the dose higher and higher. THEN you have to taper and get clean off the gabapentin, which has its own withdrawal symptoms.

So yeah, basically, please talk to the doctor who prescribed you these meds before mixing them.