• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is Fly Agaric worth it?

the idea you can't use amantia safely

I didn't say using Amanita Muscaria and surviving wasn't possible. I ate Amanita mushrooms previously and survived. In retrospect psilcoybin containing mushrooms are the most beneficial and also the most safe.

It seems pretty subjective to state that psilocybin mushrooms are the most beneficial.

I didn't say using Amanita Muscaria and surviving wasn't possible. I ate Amanita mushrooms previously and survived. In retrospect psilcoybin containing mushrooms are the most beneficial and also the most safe.

Yes, that is entirely subjective. I love psilocybin mushroom, they are among my favorite entheogen of all time but amanita I think has been even more beneficial to me than psilocybin.

Psilocybin actually has a lot of disadvantages compare with amanita. For instance, you cant use it every day. Where with amanita, I have gone through long periods of using almost daily and learning much spiritual information from it, some of which psilocybin did not even seem able to teach to me. The amanita experience I also think is more directed, whereas psilocybin is more all over the place. I really love both but if I had to choose it would have to amanita.

Psilocybin has the massive advantage over amantia in that it's vastly more enjoyable both physically and mentally. The number of people who would prefer an amantia trip over psilocybin is vanishingly small.

Psilocybin is often more enjoyable than weed too but that doesn't mean psilocybin is better. Similarly, amanits has the advantage that you can use it whenever you want, like weed, whereas psilocybin is a once in a while type thing.

While I would agree that the vast majority of people would find psilocybin more enjoyable, that is not due to any inherent properties of psilocybin but rather the fact that is a far less challenging substance. Amanita requires time and effort to learn to use it properly, but once you do, oh boy, nothing beats it.

Since my most intense trip on amanita muscaria(almost 5 years ago), I'm still having the same dream 3~5 times/week about me finding amanita muscaria and getting ridiculously high, returning to that state I've experienced. It's quite funny yet intriguing nonetheless.

(Capt. Heroin's post moved)

Oh hi grigore, I see you're still alive.. good

Psilocybin mushrooms are among the safest 'recreational' drugs, also they have pretty much nothing to do with Amanitas, the fact that the drugs are produced by mushrooms is arbitrary, they don't work in remotely the same way.

I couldn't really say as to whether Amanita's (i.e. Muscaria or if you absolutely must A. Pantherina but you really shouldn't!) are worth it, they didn't work the only time I tried them. Responses seem mixed, side-effects can range from uncomfortable to pretty sickening and now and then people do have some pretty messed up reactions (pseudo-delirious) though if you take all proper precautions they should be reasonable worthwhile I think. Interesting but a serious commitment. Let's avoid any "should I take this drug?" type discussion.

Oh hi grigore, I see you're still alive.. good

Of course I'm alive solipsis, glad to meet you again, it wouldn't be a surprise to confess that I'm half dead already actually and going through another acute psychotic episode, yet everything is fine, I just cut my skin to remove some insects yet I remain the same grigore, nothing killed me after abusing deliriants and so many other drugs for more than 10 years..and even I am surprised, that's why I have only picture of myself and pray to my pictures.

It's like that thought experiment: if you cut away skin and tissue to remove insects and it grows back and over time and you have cut off everything on your body before it grew back, is that still 'you'? I guess not really since you're psychotic...

In any case, nice to meet you and sorry to hear that - the sort of state of mind involving deliria and psychoses must be truly complicated and difficult..

Since it's a harm reduction forum let's emphasize the luck involved not to die after all that, the experience making a difference and that you didn't actually came 'out' of that unscathed. I bet you'd fill a mindfuck of a book if you can write intelligible stories. Not really sure how much you yourself believe of what you wrote (the reports etc).

Well about the amanita's: maybe it's hard to really say what caused you to react like that with dreams etc since I read that deliriants can really produce seriously influenced dreams including chronically... that kind of thing, although it would get tedious, is probably worth mentioning in your posts so that your experiences aren't taken as normal?

A lump from injecting iv dmt isnt going away and it hurts, insects or some kind of worms might be hiding there, yet I believe in myself as much as I usually do, so taking that in consideration, the single thing that still remains hard to believe is how I'm still alive and why kids from kindergarden always visit my house on sundays when I'm tripping on datura and mxe, I tried to make a correlation at least between datura and them, yet they knew too much, they knew my name, they knew about my 600 gram collection of chewed gums, so they are a product of my mind materialized through innocent little people, in that case, they don't need to be real in everyday reality because they are already real in the other reality I'm currently living in for around a decade.

Yes, it is worth mentioning, never listen to my advice, my advice only works for myself, I haven't heard about others willing to have intercourse with a sick cow while tripping on datura and many other events that I've noted in my tripping books.

There are no bugs living under your skin. That's a classic symptom of psychosis.

Take care...

I think @Grigor had some meth in his shot. Hope you feel better bud.

Anyway, came to ask about Amanita, NOT bisporus (the ones on your pizza), NOT bisporigera (aka "destroying angel"), NOT Psilocybe or related genus, but Amanita muscaria, the "classic" image of magic mushrooms, from Siberia. Big red or orange caps with white spots. Aka Fly Agaric. The dancing shrooms in Fantasia, thousands of blacklight posters, rumors that's where witch myths come from, why Santa's suit is really red and white, etc.

The lore, from an old botany professor, is that Siberian natives (somehow watching Caribou, who are said to love the stuff) learned you could "recycle" the stuff (being reindeer pee) for quite a while by reclaiming your urine. Muscimol being excreted unchanged, supposedly, means the shaman-equivalent could trip continuously while offering "sacraments" to others in the group (at least till tolerance set in). You have to remember this is Siberia, what else are you going to do during the winter, besides drink random reindeer pee to try to get high?

So, anyone heard anything like that, or am I just spreading disinformation (although, is it even available here)? (Also, doesn't sound pleasant, should be MUCH different than Psilocybe, more like Datura, and with a much worse safety profile.)

Oh, and if it's not excreted unchanged, is it modified by passing through a reindeer first?

Oh, and if it's not excreted unchanged, is it modified by passing through a reindeer first?

No, I had no meth in my shot, my dmt site partially healed yet curiosity fucked me up and I tried a scopolamine extraction and injected the product in my butt cheek.

As far as I can tell, I don't know much about Michael Jackson's method of changing his skin color, yet I identify myself as a white caucasian male with one black butt cheek, I will no longer tolerate jokes about racism since I'm a bit black now.

I should go to the hospital or find a treatment for my infected wounds yet they will send me to the psych ward in room with gabe once again, after months of explaining to him, he still believes he died in a car accident since he tripped on some shitty rc inside his bathroom, at least I have my feet firmly put on the ground, I saw the worms and insects crawling under my skin with my very eyes, don't need other explanation.

Only today I removed 3 nodules by carving my skin, these nodules must be the eggs of certain insects, I don't tolerate them and I shall remove every one of them by sunday, on my tripping calendar I should be high again by now to deal with my other reality problems, so, see you all soon, I must just water my neighbor's flowers since it's raining and he is over acting whenever I jump into his backyard and help him naked with his daily chores.

Anyway, came to ask about Amanita, NOT bisporus (the ones on your pizza),

That's Agaricus Bisporus...

NOT bisporigera (aka "destroying angel"), NOT Psilocybe or related genus, but Amanita muscaria, the "classic" image of magic mushrooms, from Siberia. Big red or orange caps with white spots. Aka Fly Agaric. The dancing shrooms in Fantasia, thousands of blacklight posters, rumors that's where witch myths come from, why Santa's suit is really red and white, etc.
Yes it's about A. Muscaria and it's varieties and to some extent A. Pantherina which also contains these psychoactives but can be so potent and is so unpredictable in potency that you would pretty much need to turn it into a homogenized standardized product and titrate it.

Agaricus are the champignon family and various Amanitas when very young can resemble edible mushrooms like the white button / champignon, so you must not try to pick white button mushrooms for they could be destroying angels.
I have picked other more distinctive Agaricus species when they were more mature, together with a few other species like porcelain mushrooms and giant puffball and made a soup once but I probably wouldn't even take that risk anymore.

The lore, from an old botany professor, is that Siberian natives (somehow watching Caribou, who are said to love the stuff) learned you could "recycle" the stuff (being reindeer pee) for quite a while by reclaiming your urine. Muscimol being excreted unchanged, supposedly, means the shaman-equivalent could trip continuously while offering "sacraments" to others in the group (at least till tolerance set in). You have to remember this is Siberia, what else are you going to do during the winter, besides drink random reindeer pee to try to get high?

So, anyone heard anything like that, or am I just spreading disinformation (although, is it even available here)? (Also, doesn't sound pleasant, should be MUCH different than Psilocybe, more like Datura, and with a much worse safety profile.)

The ibotenic acid gets converted to muscimol by metabolism, making the urine pretty much better than the A. Muscaria themselves. Ibotenic acid shouldn't be active for that long and the neurotoxic potential should be rather limited but it could very well contribute to side-effects. Curing may also decarboxylate the ibotenic acid, I think drying in an oven works.

Muscimol is more in the direction of deliriants in a way but seems probably more like sleepwalking / halfway into a lucid dream than full-on hardcore delirium in a lot of cases. And yeah has nothing to do with psilocybin mushrooms, the fact that they are both mushrooms is pure coincidence so comparing them is a pretty random thing to do.

Better to compare with Ambien (zolpidem) which actually does work similarly. Not a true deliriant as such like antimuscarinic / anticholinergic drugs, but still it can get you in really weird states and you might do strange stuff so there is some risk.

Last edited:
That's Agaricus Bisporus...

D'OH!!
Don't know how I did that, but there are several edible Amanitas at least. oh, wait, yeah, "fly agaric", "Agaricus bisporus" stewing in my brain (the words) for fifteen years.

Plenty of people outside the BL Drug Academy get confused with "magic mushrooms" and Amanita v. Psilocybe, so I don't think it ever hurts to point out the huge differences in safety profile and effects, even if I think few Americans ever encounter psychoactive Amanitas, at least compared to Psilocybe spp. That's my excuse for not reading the second page of the thread anyway.

So, point is drinking reindeer pee is at least a possible ROA, therefore Santa is real, and that's how he flies.

D'OH!!
Don't know how I did that, but there are several edible Amanitas at least. oh, wait, yeah, "fly agaric", "Agaricus bisporus" stewing in my brain (the words) for fifteen years.

Plenty of people outside the BL Drug Academy get confused with "magic mushrooms" and Amanita v. Psilocybe, so I don't think it ever hurts to point out the huge differences in safety profile and effects, even if I think few Americans ever encounter psychoactive Amanitas, at least compared to Psilocybe spp. That's my excuse for not reading the second page of the thread anyway.

So, point is drinking reindeer pee is at least a possible ROA, therefore Santa is real, and that's how he flies.

http://inhabitat.com/santa-and-the-shrooms-the-real-story-behind-the-design-of-christmas/

Note how the "shrooms" would again easily confuse people with what we normally know colliquially as shrooms: Psilocybin Mushrooms.. yes ;)

In fact, the reindeer like fly agarics so much that they would eat any snow where a human who had drank ‘shroom-laced urine had relieved himself

vintage-holiday-cards-with-mushrooms.jpg

I have not fact checked this, but it's pretty cool =D