• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is buspar addictive?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I take buspar as needed for anxiety and just wanted to know if it's physically or psychologically addictive

I suppose with prolonged, and extensive use or in any form of abuse, it can easily become physically and mentally addictive like anything else. But comparing Buspar to other drugs like opiates or amphetamines, I would say no, it is not addictive. However it will ultimately come down to the mindset you have with taking them. I would suggest being extra aware of your style and behavior towards using Buspar to determine if you are developing a habit or not. However when i used to take them, i dont recall any noticeable physical dependence with them

No it takes weeks to do a anything drugs of abuse work in minutes. You can't compulsively escalate doses of a drug that doesnt produce noticable changes except over weeks and months your brain doesn't work like that. Picture eating a cookie you take a bite you feel good. Go to a strip club see some desirable naked females or males you feel good. You drink a beer you feel good . You take buspar nothing day 7 nothing day 14 nothing day 21 I guess you could say I generally had less anxiety over the past month.