• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Is anyone, or does anyone know, a true heroin "chipper"?

nailed it.

what i meant y my comment is someone may be a chippper for months or years, but thee only true evidence that theyve remained a true chipper is if they dont get addicted. a person may use heroin sporadically for a very long time but this just doesnt ever seem to happen and tends to get them in the end-or quite quickly in most cases.

Over a long enough time scale everyone who uses heroin either dies or quits LOL, that still doesn't say anything meaningful about whether heroin can be used "recreationally". "Everyone either quits or dies" can be applied to literally every drug.

i can say i am a true chipper and honestly believe it. I use dope maybe once every 3 to 4 months probably. I like it, its great. Would I use everyday? If i had unlimited cash, no obligations (job/school/family), and I didn't have to worry about law enforcement, absolutely. To me, as nice as dope feels, its not worth anywhere near my cash, everything i have going for me, and getting in trouble. Its like spending all your money and time playing a video-game, its fun while your playing once-in-a-while but who wants to play super smash bros all day everyday all night every-night?

i can say i am a true chipper and honestly believe it. I use dope maybe once every 3 to 4 months probably.

But for how long have you done that, I know it's been pointed out, it is very difficult to actually say for sure whether you have a once every 3-4 month habit, or whether you're just at the point along your own personal path to addiction.

Lots of people (myself included) sustained some kind of arbitrary habit like that for years before developing full-blown addiction. Is it correct to say I was previously, successfully a chipper? Until I wasn't? Or that I was always an addict and that was just the path? I suspect there are no easy answers to these questions.

I further suspect you may be closer to the edge than you know - might just be a death in the close family, a job loss, a marriage break-up; some classic trigger, and that might all all you need to slip over that edge you never even realised you were straddling so frailly.

Heroin is definitely more of a primal addiction. It positively activates the psycho-survival area of the brain and subconsciously manipulates the users mind to believe that they are 100% safe and secure. The euphoria comes from the primal instinct that drives humans to continue to live, the journey to survival has being completed on dope.. heroin acts as an end-all to suffering, it's perfect. It's euphoria comes from a profound state of complacency, and it's very easy to become accustomed to survivalist perfection. That's why i believe heroin feels like a more Primal bliss, it's not energetic drive, social euphoria, it's not loving or sexual, it's not spiritually moving or creative, thoughtful or intuitive. It's basic, it's easy, it's instant, everyone is a star in it.

Heroin is definitely more of a primal addiction. It positively activates the psycho-survival area of the brain and subconsciously manipulates the users mind to believe that they are 100% safe and secure. The euphoria comes from the primal instinct that drives humans to continue to live, the journey to survival has being completed on dope.. heroin acts as an end-all to suffering, it's perfect. It's euphoria comes from a profound state of complacency, and it's very easy to become accustomed to survivalist perfection. That's why i believe heroin feels like a more Primal bliss, it's not energetic drive, social euphoria, it's not loving or sexual, it's not spiritually moving or creative, thoughtful or intuitive. It's basic, it's easy, it's instant, everyone is a star in it.

This has been what all my doctors have advised my about opiates in general. Spot on!!

But for how long have you done that, I know it's been pointed out, it is very difficult to actually say for sure whether you have a once every 3-4 month habit, or whether you're just at the point along your own personal path to addiction.

Lots of people (myself included) sustained some kind of arbitrary habit like that for years before developing full-blown addiction. Is it correct to say I was previously, successfully a chipper? Until I wasn't? Or that I was always an addict and that was just the path? I suspect there are no easy answers to these questions.

I further suspect you may be closer to the edge than you know - might just be a death in the close family, a job loss, a marriage break-up; some classic trigger, and that might all all you need to slip over that edge you never even realised you were straddling so frailly.

IMO there is an easy answer, you were a chipper till you got a habit. I think the difference between heroin and other addictive drugs is the issue of severity - heroin is the most addictive drug there is, bar none. Since heroin is so much more addictive than any other drug, I think it can be easy to wrongly assume that it is has some special nature that inevitably leads *every* user to become addicted. Chippers may be one in fifty, or one in hundred, or maybe even rarer, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist. There is no reason to assume that it is totally impossible for a human being to use heroin responsibly - think of the incredible feats of human endurance and amazing inspirational stories we hear of people overcoming all the odds stacked against them, all the motivational tales of fantastic traits that seem unbelievable - to assume that heroin has some intrinsic magical property that means that every single user is destined to become an addict is simply illogical. It is the single most addictive drug, and it's profoundly unwise to take it because the odds are that most people will become addicted, but to make the blanket statement that every chipper is destined to become a junkie is one that I think is just plain inaccurate. So, just like the social drinker who hits the booze really hard later in life wasn't *always* an alcoholic, just like the social smoker who a few years down the line starts a pack a day habit wasn't *always* a nicotine addict, thus the chipper who becomes addicted days, months or years down the line wasn't always a heroin addict.

I've never before heard such a thoughtful, succinct and precise answer as to what separates heroin from other addictive drugs. I'm extremely impressed - it was a beautiful & elegant response in both its accuracy and its simplicity, and I thank you for helping me put together another little piece of the puzzle in my contemplation of the monkey on my back.

nailed it.

what i meant y my comment is someone may be a chippper for months or years, but thee only true evidence that theyve remained a true chipper is if they dont get addicted. a person may use heroin sporadically for a very long time but this just doesnt ever seem to happen and tends to get them in the end-or quite quickly in most cases.

I disagree. Like I said in the opening, I've personally met one, and it appears that others have been or have heard of other chippers as well. I think part of the problem may be in finding them - chippers aren't likely to advertise that they use heroin recreationally, even to other drug users because even among people who openly use all kinds of drugs, the crowd who smoke weed, take coke or MDMA when they go out, trip, do ketamine etc and even those who will take almost any drug going are all separate from the heroin addicts. IME heroin addicts tend to associate with each other for one reason, and that's heroin, and as a group they tend to repel even other drug users like the plague. Any chipper who has a modicum of intelligence (which I believe would be essential in remaining a chipper, as it takes a rare kind of person to keep the monkey off their back) would know that associating with junkies wouldn't be conducive to remaining a chipper and simultaneously wouldn't advertise to friends, colleagues, co-workers and probably even partners that they are chippers, and so would probably remain silent, so I believe because of this we're far less likely to know a heroin chipper than a recreational user of any other drug.

I use heroin once every couple of months I don't set a date to it I just do it when I feel like I wanna relax and nod all day I get a quarter gram and that last me about 3 days but I also have a codeine addition and that is enough for me I love heroin but can only do it like 4 times a year about the same as my meth use I know my limits if I do it anymore then that I will get addicted

I use heroin once every couple of months I don't set a date to it I just do it when I feel like I wanna relax and nod all day I get a quarter gram and that last me about 3 days but I also have a codeine addition and that is enough for me I love heroin but can only do it like 4 times a year about the same as my meth use I know my limits if I do it anymore then that I will get addicted

Wow, now THIS is something I never thought I'd hear! Chipping is surprising, but having a pre-existing CODEINE habit that you occasionally interrupt to use smack instead? Hahaha wow man, chippers may be extremely rare, but I'm pretty damn certain that your particular circumstances are fucking unique man, haha! Honestly, how long have you been using like this?

After trying the chipping lifestyle, I decided it was not worth the trade off. One amazing day for 3-5 shitty anxiety depressed days.
No thanks.

After trying the chipping lifestyle, I decided it was not worth the trade off. One amazing day for 3-5 shitty anxiety depressed days.
No thanks.

Interesting. If you don't mind I'd like just a little more information. Have you ever been a heroin addict? If so, were you a heroin addict who then successfully chipped but then decided it wasn't worth it? Were you a chipper that then fell to addiction? Or have you never been a heroin addict? How long were you a "successful" chipper for? Also what was your route of administration - snorting, injecting etc??

Wow, now THIS is something I never thought I'd hear! Chipping is surprising, but having a pre-existing CODEINE habit that you occasionally interrupt to use smack instead? Hahaha wow man, chippers may be extremely rare, but I'm pretty damn certain that your particular circumstances are fucking unique man, haha! Honestly, how long have you been using like this?

well I have been using codeine for about 2 years now.1 year doing it everyday tho a box of panadeiene extra every night (15mgcodeine /500mg paracetamol ) 40 tablets in a box which is 600mg codeine but I assume I lose 50-75mg in the CWE process I had my first injection of oxycodone when I was 15 loved the feeling and then the bloke who taught me how to inject asked if I wanted to try heroin because it's 20x stronger I was like yeah man for sure , had 50mg for my first heroin injection and it felt amazing , the only reason why I didn't end up using everyday or every week was a lot of my friends were heroin users and I seen how it ruins there facial features and how they steal there moms rent money and whateva they can from there own family. I'm now 22 and I use heroin once evry 3-4 months , from my experience if use it once and don't do it again for 3 months minimum it's hard to call that an addiction but codeine on the hand ...

well I have been using codeine for about 2 years now.1 year doing it everyday tho a box of panadeiene extra every night (15mgcodeine /500mg paracetamol ) 40 tablets in a box which is 600mg codeine but I assume I lose 50-75mg in the CWE process I had my first injection of oxycodone when I was 15 loved the feeling and then the bloke who taught me how to inject asked if I wanted to try heroin because it's 20x stronger I was like yeah man for sure , had 50mg for my first heroin injection and it felt amazing , the only reason why I didn't end up using everyday or every week was a lot of my friends were heroin users and I seen how it ruins there facial features and how they steal there moms rent money and whateva they can from there own family. I'm now 22 and I use heroin once evry 3-4 months , from my experience if use it once and don't do it again for 3 months minimum it's hard to call that an addiction but codeine on the hand ...

Wow! This is honestly the most bizarre thing I've read here on Bluelight in ages! I've never even heard of anyone who uses opiates like you do! Amazing! Surely after you've done heroin codeine does nothing to you? I mean it's just crazy! Codeine addict who occasionally takes a day long break to shoot up heroin instead! It's just absolutely incredible! I mean I've heard some stories dude, and to be totally fair to you man, you manage to use heroin without becoming a heroin addict, and if it works for you it works for you, and I bet when its time and you feel like you want to quit the codeine, you'l have a damn easy time doing it compared to us who have real heroin habits, and yet you have experienced the pinnacle of opiates whilst remaining dependent on the mildest one there is. Holy shit dude, you know what, I salute you. Such a strange yet weirdly genius system.

Wow! This is honestly the most bizarre thing I've read here on Bluelight in ages! I've never even heard of anyone who uses opiates like you do! Amazing! Surely after you've done heroin codeine does nothing to you? I mean it's just crazy! Codeine addict who occasionally takes a day long break to shoot up heroin instead! It's just absolutely incredible! I mean I've heard some stories dude, and to be totally fair to you man, you manage to use heroin without becoming a heroin addict, and if it works for you it works for you, and I bet when its time and you feel like you want to quit the codeine, you'l have a damn easy time doing it compared to us who have real heroin habits, and yet you have experienced the pinnacle of opiates whilst remaining dependent on the mildest one there is. Holy shit dude, you know what, I salute you. Such a strange yet weirdly genius system.

Are you serious man you have never heard of someone using heroin once In a while? I mean you actually make me feel like I'm the only person that can have heroin once here and there if that's the case I would be proud of myself but I'm not alot of people do it I have a mate that's an alcoholic and we drink together a few times a month and he sometimes uses heroin when I do so I know I'm not the only one who can do it without doing it all the time and to answer your question about the codeine doing nothing after doing heroin , it doesn't make me nod but I still feel good I occasionally take benzos with the codeine to potentiate it , those nodding of codeine days are over but everyone's addicted to something wether it's caffeine, cigarettes , alcohol or illegal drugs my addiction is codeine and cigarettes , you compared to us with real heroin habits , how long have you been using for ? When you stop will you stop forever you still use once In a blue moon ? Do you ever plan on quitting ? A lot of my mates quit when they went to jail or lost there kids so you really have to lose it all before you quit from the people I knew

Are you serious man you have never heard of someone using heroin once In a while? I mean you actually make me feel like I'm the only person that can have heroin once here and there if that's the case I would be proud of myself but I'm not alot of people do it I have a mate that's an alcoholic and we drink together a few times a month and he sometimes uses heroin when I do so I know I'm not the only one who can do it without doing it all the time and to answer your question about the codeine doing nothing after doing heroin , it doesn't make me nod but I still feel good I occasionally take benzos with the codeine to potentiate it , those nodding of codeine days are over but everyone's addicted to something wether it's caffeine, cigarettes , alcohol or illegal drugs my addiction is codeine and cigarettes , you compared to us with real heroin habits , how long have you been using for ? When you stop will you stop forever you still use once In a blue moon ? Do you ever plan on quitting ? A lot of my mates quit when they went to jail or lost there kids so you really have to lose it all before you quit from the people I knew

No dude, I'm the OP, I've met a chipper before. Do you think I'm criticizing you? I'm not! I'm commending you! And the thing I found odd/amazing was that you're addicted to the mildest opiate there is - codeine - and yet can occasionally use the most addictive, euphoric, "king of opiates" itself, heroin. You should be proud of yourself if it works for you. I mean it'd be better to not be addicted to codeine, but shit man, you should commend yourself for managing to keep your addiction limited to just codeine despite dabbling in heroin.

To answer your questions, I've been using heroin very sporadically. I was only really a succesfull "chipper" the first, say, ten times I used it maybe? Then I became addicted, and for the last 2 years have been stuck in a cycle of coming off of it & relapsing again and again. I am trying to stop right now and I always hope to be able to just use once in a blue moon but it never seems to work. This time I realize I need to quit for at least a couple of years cos chipping just doesn't work for me personally.

No dude, I'm the OP, I've met a chipper before. Do you think I'm criticizing you? I'm not! I'm commending you! And the thing I found odd/amazing was that you're addicted to the mildest opiate there is - codeine - and yet can occasionally use the most addictive, euphoric, "king of opiates" itself, heroin. You should be proud of yourself if it works for you. I mean it'd be better to not be addicted to codeine, but shit man, you should commend yourself for managing to keep your addiction limited to just codeine despite dabbling in heroin.

To answer your questions, I've been using heroin very sporadically. I was only really a succesfull "chipper" the first, say, ten times I used it maybe? Then I became addicted, and for the last 2 years have been stuck in a cycle of coming off of it & relapsing again and again. I am trying to stop right now and I always hope to be able to just use once in a blue moon but it never seems to work. This time I realize I need to quit for at least a couple of years cos chipping just doesn't work for me personally.

Honestly bro I didn't think for one second that you were critizing me , You've actually made my day :) I don't have any personal experience of being addicted to heroin but alot of people I know are on the suboxone programe, where you dose once a day at the chemist no take homes, I hear it's really helpful for physcial withdrawal and cravings I assume you've tried it. I've actually made an appointment to be put on suboxone not that my withdrawals are serous it's just I crave codeine so much and if it helps take the cravings away It will motivate me but the only problem I have is that I don't like being sober and don't really care for alcohol . It's good to hear that you can quit and start again I mean not the starting again part but you can quit and that's a big step , one step at a time bro I actually think you will be able to quit and just go on a binge for a day or 2 to reward yourself you have the ability to try and quit most addicts don't even try be strong keep your head up thanks for everything nice you've said man it's people like you that make this site worth going on :)

Honestly bro I didn't think for one second that you were critizing me , You've actually made my day :) I don't have any personal experience of being addicted to heroin but alot of people I know are on the suboxone programe, where you dose once a day at the chemist no take homes, I hear it's really helpful for physcial withdrawal and cravings I assume you've tried it. I've actually made an appointment to be put on suboxone not that my withdrawals are serous it's just I crave codeine so much and if it helps take the cravings away It will motivate me but the only problem I have is that I don't like being sober and don't really care for alcohol . It's good to hear that you can quit and start again I mean not the starting again part but you can quit and that's a big step , one step at a time bro I actually think you will be able to quit and just go on a binge for a day or 2 to reward yourself you have the ability to try and quit most addicts don't even try be strong keep your head up thanks for everything nice you've said man it's people like you that make this site worth going on :)

Thanks man. Just my 2 cents - subutex stopped the intense cravings, but the thoughts of "wouldn't a bag be nice" never went away. I would seriously not recommend going on subutex for codeine addiction, since you'd be trading in your physical dependency on a very mild opiate, with the withdrawal being a few days of shitty flu-like symptoms, for a full blown physical habit that will be much, much harder to come off. I know what you mean about not liking being sober, I used to think the same thing, but I realized later it wasn't that I didn't like being sober, I'd just been stuck in a cycle of using drugs on a regular basis since I was 16 and it was throwing my brain chemistry out of whack, and a couple of months sober and I realized I could be happy without them. and honestly the fact that you have the willpower to only use heroin occasionally tells me that you have a lot more strength than you realize dude, honestly, and I think if you put your mind to it you can quit the codeine without the subutex. hell, even if you stay on codeine, it's a pretty cheap habit and if its not negatively impacting your life, my advice would be definitely to stay on that instead of subutex, i cant see any good coming from going on subutex since you will just be trading one habit for another thats harder to quit. whatever you decide good luck though man, and take it from me, you are one of a very very rare breed! :)

Thanks man. Just my 2 cents - subutex stopped the intense cravings, but the thoughts of "wouldn't a bag be nice" never went away. I would seriously not recommend going on subutex for codeine addiction, since you'd be trading in your physical dependency on a very mild opiate, with the withdrawal being a few days of shitty flu-like symptoms, for a full blown physical habit that will be much, much harder to come off. I know what you mean about not liking being sober, I used to think the same thing, but I realized later it wasn't that I didn't like being sober, I'd just been stuck in a cycle of using drugs on a regular basis since I was 16 and it was throwing my brain chemistry out of whack, and a couple of months sober and I realized I could be happy without them. and honestly the fact that you have the willpower to only use heroin occasionally tells me that you have a lot more strength than you realize dude, honestly, and I think if you put your mind to it you can quit the codeine without the subutex. hell, even if you stay on codeine, it's a pretty cheap habit and if its not negatively impacting your life, my advice would be definitely to stay on that instead of subutex, i cant see any good coming from going on subutex since you will just be trading one habit for another thats harder to quit. whatever you decide good luck though man, and take it from me, you are one of a very very rare breed! :)

Thanks bro I might just try and quit without the subs , i think my liver needs a break too , from converting codeine into morphine daily I need a good tolerance break aswell I remember I could nod off 90mgs codeine I think I might need a good 3 month break for that and if is start subs Codeine won't do shit anyways thanks man you've really upped my mood :)