• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Is Adderall Safe?

CookieJoe221

Bluelighter
Hi all,

Just a quick question. I tend to take Adderall on the weekends to get more done and stay up later. Usually I start off with 10-15 mg (snorting) and snort 10 mg more every few hours. Usually don't go over 60 mg in a day. I usually do this both Friday and Saturday. How hard is this on my heart? I really enjoy it and it helps me get a lot done. During the week I dont usually even think about it most of the time. I just worry it will have really bad negative effects on my heart.

I workout 5 days a week, eat decently well, take supplements, sleep fine, drink a lot of water.

Any thoughts?

I think the answer to this depends on your individual physiology anxiety the condition of your heart and related systems. Some people can pound down 10x the amount you are talking about every day until they die of old age. On the other hand there are plenty of stories of college athletes and other active and healthy people who developed sudden cardiac problems from taking moderate doses of stimulants.

While the amount you are talking about (60 mg spread over many hours) is in no way excessive it would be irresponsible to say there are no risks. However, the maximum dose for adults per day is 40 mg so you are not way off the chart.