• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is 12 hours a long enough wait to take Oxycodone after taking Valium ?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
This question has already been answered for me once before but to clarify. I took 10 mg of Valium yesterday at 7 am. I took 2.5 milligrams at 1 and then a final 2.5 dose at 5pm yesterday. I wanna take a 5mg Oxycodone today I’m just wondering if that would cause any fatal side effects associated with CNS depression. I have taken an Adderall 5 mg today as well. But both the Valium and Adderall are older prescriptions the Valium being 5 years or older and the Adderall 3 years old. The Oxycodone was just filled so I’m unsure if the Valium was as potent as it once was. But yeah... would it be fine to take that oxy now.. or just stick to smoking weed

can not give dosing advice here against the rules
You know tour tolerance and your body type?
Just need to look up 1/2 life of the above mentioned drugs!!
When you use words like "Fatal Side Effects" people will not rush to leave a paper trail :p 8)

I feel you lol . I’m just wondering if Valium half life would carry over into the next day meaning would it be in my blood actively or just metabolites in urine
When you use words like "Fatal Side Effects" people will not rush to leave a paper trail :p 8)

Tolerance Low to oxycodone although I’ve taken pretty consistently over the past few months never over 10 mg a day Valium is between 10 and 15 a day I’ve got an athletic body type but I’ve let myself go. I may just wait until 24 hour mark or further to be safe. I’ve got cookies for a high if need be or may just take a break from all just wanted to know if taking oxycodone next day after Valium would be considered “mixing” due to long half life

Tolerance Low to oxycodone although I’ve taken pretty consistently over the past few months never over 10 mg a day Valium is between 10 and 15 a day I’ve got an athletic body type but I’ve let myself go. I may just wait until 24 hour mark or further to be safe. I’ve got cookies for a high if need be or may just take a break from all just wanted to know if taking oxycodone next day after Valium would be considered “mixing” due to long half life
The 1/2 life of Valium, is around 50hrs .( 2 days) so easy to do the math)

Thank you for your help, I didn’t mean to seem like I wasnt aware of it sometimes my own wants try to override logic. But I appreciate your time you took out of your day to explain.

Valium has a short elimination half-life of 2-4 hours but a much longer plasma half-life; therefore, it can remain detectable in urine for several days, per the S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) prescribing information.

Next time you wanna give me condescending information as if I’m so stupid for not knowing make sure your giving correct information.

Nothing condescending about it!!!
You asked a question, I tried to help!!
Really I dont have a dog in your fight, just been to way too many funerals of young people who " Fucked up" on the recipe and died!! so since you are the smartest guy in the room I will just try to Hope you do well ??

Im sorry, your last part about being easy to do the math I read outta context, thank you for caring and being careful when I'm not thinking about my own safety just an escape... and a buzz. I decided to wait based on what you said until tomorrow I'm not addicted so I wont be sick or anything and I got a bag fulla dispensary grade cookies that I can enjoy until then. Once again, im sorry brother and thank you for caring. Because I don't wanna be just another OD I got to much to give the world right now and too many people that love me and care about me. Bless you brother
Nothing condescending about it!!!
You asked a question, I tried to help!!
Really I dont have a dog in your fight, just been to way too many funerals of young people who " Fucked up" on the recipe and died!! so since you are the smartest guy in the room I will just try to Hope you do well ??