View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Introduction to Angels Trumpet

UrbanEthno

Greenlighter
This is my first post here. I will go to the intro forum to say more about myself. But the reason I found this forum tonight is because I wanted to share a video I made the other day about Brugmansia, or Angels Trumpet. I had ate an Angels Trumpet flower once, years ago, and it was not a pleasant experience. I never regret any of the substances I try though and have always been respectful of the beauty and power of this plant. I was lucky enough to find a Brugmansia at a garden center near me last year and the other day while I was outside with it I had the motivation to make a video introducing people to what Brugmansia is. Many of you will know a lot of this info already but I made it for folks who might not be aware. The reason I post it here is that I wanted to share it with an informed community to get their input and insights. My aspiration is to start making similar videos for all sorts of plants. Check out the video on YouTube and let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZqSFH2-40

=D Funny, but not ha-ha, my uncle grew the most magnificent Angel Trumpet plants. He shared several with me, which still grow beautifully. I happened across this type of information recently and though day-em!?!

Hells bells, things like this and Datura just sound fucked up to me. I've always thought they'd be better classified as deliriants rather than than hallucinogens or psychedelics.

Don't take deliriants.

Also @ video: the smell makes you get weird dreams? lol how do you figure
pretty decently made video by the way

Also used by Sadhus in India and near by and similar drugs used in europe and elsewhere - in flying ointments for example but otherwise a good vid - death seems pretty rare although of course it's difficult to use spiritually-psychedelically and for the most part not that pleasant in a modern context; I think the just say no is going a bit too far for me perhaps but I would it generally isn't recommended for most by far - datura brugmansia et al are about my favourite TRs to read.
Love the fact you have a variegated Brug. They are amazing plants and the smell is divine although the scent making you trip is clearly bollocks.

I guess it's not *that* divine then

Am germinating Datura and Brugmansia seeds as we speak, not too much luck with Brugmansia thus far but we'll see (can't comment on the datura - they were planted in soilless substrate today) - my techniques and setup is better now.

Datura and Brugmansia are not far off from one another and are bad news and to be avoided.

Anyone who tells you that it's OK because some shamanistic practices of some other culture is nuts.

There is nothing to be gained by inducing delerium by pushing your cholinergic/histaminergic system beyond the point of just falling asleep.

End of story.