• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Interesting vivitrol experience

darksidemoon

Greenlighter
Greetings all,

Im not unfamiliar with bluelight but decided to create a membership b/c i believe this is topic worthy. I have been on vivitrol shot for over a year with some on and off periods i.e. missing two weeks 3x. during that time i have thoroughly tested vivitrol and believe it is best to wait till near end of cycle to use. But this month i went in for my shot which we could also call my first because i had a month gap between shots prior. 1st, i believe it was incorrectly administered, i believe it was in the muscle but the nurse pulled back and ll of a sudden it was burning sensation so i believe the medication ended up subcutaneous instead of the muscle. i also believe this because i do not have the sore muscle feeling you always get from the injection. and finally it is day 11 and in the past week i have attempted use and felt 50%-70%. Thoughts? do you think it was incorrect administration or maybe because i stopped the shot, i know the 1st shot never seems to be as effective? Thank you

We have know way of knowing if it was incorrectly administered. More information would be helpful, like what did you use, the size of your dose, and which route of administration was utilized..

Some opioids can breakthrough the blocking effect of naltrexone, I.e. fentanyl..