View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Interactions between Shrooms & Opiates

PeacefulLover

Greenlighter
Hello All! This is my first time posting.. I have looked through many many threads and topics (on numerous sites) to try to gain a better understanding of interactions between Shrooms & Opiates (specifically percocets & vicodin). I need to find information on the two Opiates for a final exam essay for school -- my class is "Drugs & Alcohol Within Society"...

I have heard from one individual whom believes that Opiates (Percocets) tend to dull the effects of shrooms. However, another individual believes it help calm people (took away anxiety), but does not dull the effects of shrooms. I would like to know other individuals opinions/beliefs about the combination of percocets and shrooms or vicodin and shrooms -- I have already gathered the information needed on H & Shrooms.

Questions:
Do you think that taking percocets prior to shrooms dulls the trip? Or does it enhance it? No effect at all?
Do you think that taking vicodin prior to shrooms dulls the trip? Or does it enhance it? No effect at all?
Are there any other Opiates that anyone believes would be better suited to take prior to using Shrooms? Or is it better to stay away from Opiates prior to using Shrooms? Is there a specific "best time" to use Opiates while on Shrooms? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated as I have spent many hours doing research, but cannot find any information other then the interactions between Shrooms & H -- or else Shrooms & other illicit drugs (X, Cocaine, etc) which unfortunately will not help me with my final exam essay.

The research and questions are for a final essay paper for class, illegal drugs are not being consumed or used. If anyone knows of a specific thread that has already covered the specific topics of the interactions of Shrooms & Opiates (Percocet/Vicodin) please direct me to it, although I am about 99% sure there is no thread with that specific focus. Thank you all in advance. :)

I have no experience taking opiates with mushrooms or any other tryptamine however I have used heroin with 2c-p, a powerful psychedelic of the phenethylamine class.
It did not dull the trip whatsoever and certainly calmed the anxieties I was dealing with at the time.
I think for someone who doesn't normally experience anxiety on psychedelics opiates could dull the trip, however for someone with latent anxiety it could enhance the experience greatly by putting them in a relaxed state in which they are more likely to enjoy the experience.

I agree with Holy Toast. Most likely an individual response based off of certain situations.

For me the opiates have to be at the end of a mushroom trip. If addicted to opiates then some before too, but just enough to stay well. Otherwise it is something to look forward too at the end of the trip when some internal work has been done. And I do believe if someone needs a valium or opiate to remain calm during a trip then don't trip, that is unless someone is addicted already, then there is no choice but to take some before too. But if not needed then use that time for some clear headed work. Anxiety usually passes with insight.

Opiates and benzos for sure dull a trip for me. But at the end of the trip who cares? I like the clear head a psychedelic leaves so if one could get away without taking anything all the better. But yeah, I know....

Taking an opiate with a psychedelic is a security blanket, so to speak. You cannot just take a psychedelic and expect to feel good, as with Heroin or Cocaine. There are many internal and external factors which affect a psychedelic experience. You have to take into consideration your emotional state and your physical health. You have to select an appropriate setting for your trip to take place. Your mindset is fragile while hallucinating, especially with psilocybin, which many find to be more psychological than visual.

Do opiates lessen the effects of psychedelics? In my experiences, no. They do corrupt the purity of a psychedelic experience, but that is another topic. I feel that Benzodiazepines and Barbiturates do, however. They lessen anxiety at the expense of dulling ones intellect, which is counterproductive during a psychedelic journey.