• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Intense anxiety days after use?

throwme

Greenlighter
So I kind of binged from 2a-11a on Friday night, which is the longest I've ever used in one period and probably the largest amount I've ever used in one sitting. Had an intense panic attack during the comedown, thought I was dying, blah blah, took 2 klonopin and passed out. Before when I have felt like that on the comedown I'd go to the hospital, get an EKG, and be told I'm fine and can go home. But I didn't want to do that for the third time in like 3 months, so I think the fact that I didn't go is bothering me but I really don't want to because it's probably just anxiety... it's been 5 days. For 2 months I was using it every weekend then took a 3 week break. Friday night was the second all nighter I pulled that week, the first being on adderall.

That was on Friday night.. it's now Wednesday night. I just had a severe panic attack (I haven't had one in years, not even after cocaine) and had to leave a yoga class because it was so bad and thought my heart was going to fail. I was able to have an intense cardio workout earlier today and didn't feel that anxious during it.. I didn't have any chest pains, mostly shortness of breath but that could be because I've been hyperventilating all day. Is this somewhat normal? Will it just pass with a few more nights of good sleep?

Edit: I'm also in early-mid twenties

Last edited:
Your heart is fine, it's just anxiety for sure.

Stop doing coke, the anxiety will just get worse over time and so will the comedowns. It is not worth the high at all. It brought out an anxiety disorder in me that I still suffer from, and I haven't used coke in many many months.

There's no way for us to know if it'll pass or not, most likely it was just anxiety and it will pass, but it's better to be safe than sorry, I recommened seeing a physician..
Keep us updated..

I have panic attacks too when I'm coming down from anything strong or prolonged periods of abuse.

I always tell myself it is my mind reeling from the sudden sobriety. It puts me in a nervous and edgy mood. Hard to deal with my emotions, thoughts, and regrets again.

IME this is just a normal consequence of cocaine use. I recommend sobriety and see where you are in a month.