• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

"Intelligence"

trancegirle said:
(edit) I ask, as someone said this to me the other day.. "She's actually really intelligent, she got 90+ on her VCE enter score"

That statement just sounded wrong to me, does doing well in school and going to university make you more intelligent does it?
Haha, funny you should mention that. I got 89.70 for my VCE results and I was pretty crushed because I wanted to get 90+ just so I could be considered up there with the elites. That 0.30 haunts me.

college_dropout said:
Haha, funny you should mention that. I got 89.70 for my VCE results and I was pretty crushed because I wanted to get 90+ just so I could be considered up there with the elites. That 0.30 haunts me.

^If it makes you feel any better, i failed my VCE :)

I've found, you can actually tell a lot about someone by what they percieve intelligence to be.

I will grade ones intelligence from their common sense ability, their people skills, their creativity, their knowledge and their wisdom.

Intelligence isn't something you can be taught, and for what can be proven solely with certificates of achievement. If anything that is a very egotistical but yet insecure attitude.

drugfukkdrockstar said:
I will grade ones intelligence from their common sense ability, their people skills, their creativity, their knowledge and their wisdom.

Intelligence isn't something you can be taught, and for what can be proven solely with certificates of achievement. If anything that is a very egotistical but yet insecure attitude.

Exactly :)

drugfukkdrockstar said:
Intelligence isn't something you can be taught.

Please explain this statement.

Surely it's no coincidence that the more you learn, the more you know!

hoptis said:
*waits patiently for the hairdressers of Aus Social to open Benefit a new asshole*

So i suppose in saying that you were actually meaning me? ;):)
(unless there are also other bluelighter hairdressers, but that i am not aware of)

Well the funny thing is is that people tend to forget how handy having something like hairdressing under your belt is. Because even though i have managed to move onto other things now in life, it sure makes for great money on the side and has surely helped me see myself owning my own home a lot sooner than expected.

Sure there are some dumb arse hairdressers out there, but there are also some rather intelligent ones who actually use their qualification properly instead of wasting their lives in a salon working for someone. It goes with anything - if you can go somewhere with it or achieve great things with it, then that's awesome. :) People putting others down for what they do certainly is sad though. I will pity them before anything else.

Doppelganger said:
Please explain this statement.

Surely it's no coincidence that the more you learn, the more you know!

If only it were that black and white!

Not everyone is able to learn things unfortunately. You can try to teach certain people things till you're blue in the face - but at the end of the day they can either catch on or they wont. Whether that be being people/street smart or book smart. Not everyone has those qualities. In saying this though that doesn't mean they will be classed as stupid or dumb. But in my opinion, i wouldn't put them up in the intelligent ranks. Believe me i have met people in my time who have lacked both people skills, wisdom and to be book smart. To be honest i wonder how they even manage through life.

You either got it or you don't.

Last edited:
drugfukkdrockstar said:

Intelligence isn't something you can be taught,

Surely wisdom and knowledge are things which can be acquired over time, and can be taught.

I personally think intelligence can be nurtured.

"A single conversation across the table with a wise man, is better than ten years' study of books."

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"When you talk to the half-wise, twaddle; when you talk to the ignorant, brag; when you talk to the sagacious, look very humble, and ask their opinion."

- Edward George Bulwer-Lytton

:)

Well yea I think it comes down to ability and what you do with that ability (nature and nurture).

But I also wanna throw in that just because a person may not be book smart, but they are really wise with the way of the world and have good strong people skills and common sense, i will class them as intelligent. In fact i class them as a better type of person rather than someone who is just book smart.

drugfukkdrockstar said:
But I also wanna throw in that just because a person may not be book smart, but they are really wise with the way of the world and have good strong people skills and common sense, i will class them as intelligent. In fact i class them as a better type of person rather than someone who is just book smart.

Because all of those "book smart types" are just so lacking in every other way...

DFRS: I know that there's some people who can be taught seemingly little, but that doesn't mean, as a general rule, that further knowledge cannot be accumulated through studying and life experiences.

It just means it's more difficult for some, and that they're likely to acquire less than someone who is more competent. If people persist and dedicate themselves to learning, their effort certainly wouldn't be pointless.

Last edited:
And that i agree with. But as this was a question of what we would consider as intelligent - then all i am doing is stating that i feel someone who is able to pick up on life experiences, theory and common sense better than someone who is not able to is indeed more on the ball and intelligent in my eyes. And as i already said in one of my posts, i am not saying those who are slower at doing the mentioned things are exactly unintelligent either. But we're not talking about what makes us think a person is unintelligent now are we. We're talking about what is classed as intelligent.

I find it hard to define intelligence nowadays. I have friends that don't have book smarts but who are absolutely amazing at doing things I wouldn't ever be able to do.

On the other hand I also know people who are mediocre, dumb as fuck, and have zero chance of ever amazing me in any capacity whatsoever.

I define intelligence as being the opposite of anything I do when inebriated.

To me intelligence is to be aware of oneself and others and to have a questioning mind.

....it's surprising how many people don't know what's going on inside their own heads, let alone the workings of the world around them - or simply don't care.

In the context of motor spots :)

IQ/Book smart: You have a very fast car
Intelligence: You have a fast car AND you are good at driving it
Emotional smarts: You understand and can somewhat compensate for the effect of psycho-actives on your driving ability
Wisdom: You know why racing is stupid

Damn, analogies they always seem get a little stretched toward the end :\

Benefit said:
...If you can't keep up with the intellectual titans of the world, like our esteemed colleagues maddog and Immortal Teknique, then you might as well just give up the ghost already and become a hairdresser.
Omg, i has the many smarts n you all teh stupid dunder mammals. booyah!
I wants go make Benefit babies now please

UGH stupid maddog saying what I was going to say again! :X

Only thing I would change is IQ/book smart - I actually think what an IQ test is very different to what I refer to as 'book smart', which is essentially people with good concentration skills and study habits who can rote learn subjects and frequently perform well academically.

People like this are why I think it is foolish to only measure intelligence by academic prowess, however I do not think that all people who do well academically cannot be truly intelligent (obviously, as that would make me highly unintelligent for thinking that ;))

I think it's v. v. hard to quantify intelligence - because of all the factors that make it up.

For instance (sorry to pick on you as an example but you were the last post I read that exemplified it) Kittymeow cites intelligence as

to be aware of oneself and others and to have a questioning mind

To me you are banking predominantly on emotional intelligence, which sure, is a part of it - but though I would say most people who are self-aware (and aware of others) and who have questioning minds are intelligent, I also believe there are many people who aren't self-aware and who are still very intelligent.

I know many highly intelligent people who are utter social retards!

Anyway - my point is, the holy grail is a meshing of the learnt shit (you gotta want to know more!), the emotional shit and also the intuitive/creative/original shit (put your own spin on it by analysis and interpretation).

Wisdom and knowledge follow. And only when you grow a beard and stuff.