• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Insufflating Morphine

tommygirl

Bluelighter
I've been having problems with nausea from taking morphine pills orally, would grinding them up and snorting be less vomit inducing since it bypasses the digestive system? Or is the stomach upset more from the action of the drug on the vomiting center in the brain and so the ROA doesn't really matter?

I have the same issue with morphine specifically. I have tried using other ROA's but it didn't help very much, I think some people are more susceptible to the negative side effects.

Hey Tommy girl! I wouldn't recommend insufflation as an ROA for Morphine, as you will likely end up absorbing less of it than you would if you had ingested it orally.

I've found rectal administration to be second only to injection when Morphine is concerned. You get a faster onset and a similar duration of action. Morphine as a suppository had been shown to reduce gastrointestinal side-effects like nausea and vomiting as well.

If that is something that you're willing to try, we can certainly teach you how.

I would try the backdoor route but I have a slight problem where that is concerned. I have cerebral palsy and it affects my arm reach. So I can't really maneuver back there too well. So with that being off the table, is there anything else I can do to maximize the buzz and minimize the puke? Also I find it interesting that my stomach feels fine for hours after I eat the pills, it's not until the next morning like 12 or so hours later that I get sick, almost like a hangover. Is that typical?

I've tried all the typical home remedy type stuff for the nausea but it's the really crappy kind that doesn't respond to anything except time.