• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Injection point scare

Ralph Jammer

Greenlighter
A friend of mine went to inject heroin.. She registered and started injection. Half way thru it started stinging but proceeded.. Now today it is sore and the vien itself seems hard.. Is this cause for alarm? Please if anyone can help. We are scared

first thing welcome to bluelight
second thing we all know your talking about yourself dont worry you dont need to pretend its not
thirdly - how sore is it? just a bit to the touch or glaringly painful throughout the day? is there any redness or swelling?

sounds like you may have blown the vein out - which isn't something you need to go to the hospital for but is deff something to avoid doing in the future

Thank you very much for your reply.. No its not searing pain. Its pretty sore to touch. I wouldnt call it swollen but definitly a hard knot bout the size of a Q-tip ( the vien itself ). Its not red unless i rub it.. Its not getting any bigger or smaller really.. Its been two days..Really it just seems like its pissed off ( mayb from over use ?). I dont know.. Im not what youd call a veteran on this and Im just really scared, wondering if Im screwing up by not going to doc.