• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Injecting seroquel ?

I came across this article that says “ causes a intense dopamine rush “ << isn’t that a good thing ?🤔

Not really a good thing at all. There are many people that will try it just for the supposed intense rush and blow their veins out with the fillers.

Certainly not a harm reduction post.....quite the opposite.

Not sure of the intent of the thread so I'm just going to leave this here. Could have just been an FYI on what some person experienced when they were desperate and injected their scrip. Also not sure of the web site that put the article out so can't really say.

Guess all I can say is that I hope people don't do this hoping for some kind of rush and end up losing their arm.

Not really a good thing at all. There are many people that will try it just for the supposed intense rush and blow their veins out with the fillers.

Not sure of the intent of the thread so I'm just going to leave this here. Could have just been an FYI on what some person experienced when they were desperate and injected their scrip. Also not sure of the web site that put the article out so can't really say.

Guess all I can say is that I hope people don't do this hoping for some kind of rush and end up losing their arm.
Im asking a question to reduce the risk of harm ….

I seen it mentioned on another forum and googled it , Quara,Reddit ,one of them

I do know a guy who injected 900mg. That was about 15 years ago and he's still alive (with both arms). But yuck, Seroquel is a nasty drug.. I was on it for severe anxiety and it just made me really fat.

Anti-psychotics are good for knocking yourself out but not much else (maybe for psychosis but I never have been and I know a few who haven't been helped by them). If I stay on them too long they start doing weird things to my muscles. In 2018 I was on Zyprexa (Olanzapine) and I went to Emergency because I COULDN'T MOVE. It was like an elephant was sitting on me. So yeah, it's not something I'd want to inject.

I came across this article that says “ causes a intense dopamine rush “ << isn’t that a good thing ?🤔

Anti-psychotics reduce dopamine I think. So I don't know how that'd work.

It isn't true. There is no dopamine rush. There is a rush of sorts I'm sure, but the rush would likely more resemble the rush of injecting antihistamines.

Animal self-administration studies haven't shown quetiapine to possess any significant reinforcing effects (at least not alone) but it is definitely the least unpleasant commonly prescribed antipsychotic by a significant margin. It is the only antipsychotic I would ever take willingly (though only at low doses).

Mostly abused among those that are incarcerated/institutionalized. To some it is a way of doing, "easy time". For instance, if you are faced with the prospect of say a 14 year prison sentence, something like quetiapine might seem pretty attractive.

There's no intense rush...just a mild sedation. Not worth it.

I wouldn't do it. Pills in general can cause a multitude of problems. Dopamine rush isn't always a good thing. I take a dopamine drug(Miraplex) for RLS and wake up feeling like i just came off of a meth binge.

It isn't true. There is no dopamine rush. There is a rush of sorts I'm sure, but the rush would likely more resemble the rush of injecting antihistamines.

Animal self-administration studies haven't shown quetiapine to possess any significant reinforcing effects (at least not alone) but it is definitely the least unpleasant commonly prescribed antipsychotic by a significant margin. It is the only antipsychotic I would ever take willingly (though only at low doses).

Mostly abused among those that are incarcerated/institutionalized. To some it is a way of doing, "easy time". For instance, if you are faced with the prospect of say a 14 year prison sentence, something like quetiapine might seem pretty attractive.
I took them in the past till the insurance stopped them because of gaining weight concerns , I was surprised when I seen that people were shooting them so I figured I’d ask,I took them for a couple weeks then stopped ,to sedating for me to take on a regular basis, I would picture it as given to someone in a mental institution to keep them sedated but not nothing pleasurable…

Anti-psychotics reduce dopamine I think. So I don't know how that'd work.
Yeah, they block dopamine receptors. Idk how you would get a "dopamine rush" from Seroquel... maybe he/she felt a rush from the antihistamine effect which is very strong and makes you sleepy as hell. Maybe they're confusing that with a doparush.

I wouldn't say mild....I've seen people fall off to the ground from taking a 200mg pill in rehab.

Did they weigh like 80lbs lol?

200mg is a high dose for a first dose, though. But it's more sedating in lower doses, anyway :/

Shitty drug overall

Shouldn't be used more than 50-75mg when stimulants are involved

I've been taking 200mg daily since last August and the weight gain is embarrassing

I came off cold turkey 2 days ago and still sleeping fine

I'm so tempted to get a half ounce of meth and go on a binge to get this weight off quickly

I’ve been shot in the ass with an antipsychotic not sure which one the situation wasn’t very conversational
no rush no joy nothing positive

these drugs are not for fun

200 a pretty effective trip killer too

Yeah. It's actually a good idea to keep some Seroquel around (most anti-psychotics, but Seroquel and Thorazine seem to work the best) if you're planning on doing psychedelics/hallucinogens in case you have a really bad trip; especially something like LSD where if you DO have a bad trip you're trapped in a terrifying nightmare for 12 hours. Taking Seroquel will allow you to completely abort the trip.