• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Injecting Ketamine - IV or IM?

iseeunicorns

Greenlighter
Okay so I read around and know that if injecting Ketamine then it is better to IM rather than IV, however I have seen that some people do IV. I suspected that an IV would make it hit a lot faster and stronger which many said however, some also disagreed on that and said that IM always ended up being better though takes a short while longer to kick in.
Anyway, my question is, WHY are you 'not supposed to' IV Ketamine? I understand that IM-ing is easier and I have used this ROA to take ket before but was considering to try IV-ing it to see the difference but wasn't sure why it isn't recommended and wanted some more info / opinions before I do it myself?

If you do IV do a really low dose. It hits fast and hard... Like before you get your rig out. Do not IV more than 5 mg first time and no more than 30 mg.

The difference is essentially diving into a k hole where IM you have a parachute and IV is jumping head first no parachute

I have not IMed or IVed ketamine, but from what I understand, IVing it is FAR more potent, and it lasts a MUCH shorter time, and is basically just condensing the peak into more intensity and less duration. Sort of like a DMT flash of ketamine.

Yeah I thought the rush would just be way more intense, just wanted to check that it was relatively safe to do so and there wasn't a more dangerous reason for why people say to IM rather than IV. Thanks for saying about using a way lower dose, can always add more but would have a hard time removing it once it's already in there ��
Didn't think it would be so much shorter from an IV 8o any idea why / how much shorter the trip would be in comparison to IM-ing the shot?

IM is safer, lasts longer and after 15-30 minutes you be feeling the same high IME.

Iv works fine....but I did the stupid thing of being standing when I IVed once thinking I would have time to lay down....I instantly holed and fell down and woke up with a bump on my head

Iv works fine....but I did the stupid thing of being standing when I IVed once thinking I would have time to lay down....I instantly holed and fell down and woke up with a bump on my head

hahahahahaha this is great, after reading these replies I decided to give it a go. Must say it was very intense though didn't last long and overall wasn't a bit fan, would rather IM in future but gotta give everything a try I suppose ;)
The thought of you doing that standing up actually makes me feel highly sorry for you but gave me much amusement, I'm sure that wont be one thing you do again any time soon =D

IV is wastefully short and a lot more amnesiac. IM is better in everyway; maybe save for the fact that you must take your sterile techniques much more seriously.

They gave me IV ket in the hospital when I had really bad road rash and they had to scrub out my wounds. It was pretty awesome, it felt like my consciousness was teleporting through time and space but I was still experiencing all of the pain, although I didn't care, pain wasn't necessarily a negative any more. I'd recommend it, but I don't know what IM is like.

Just IM that stuff, it's always such an awesome experience. Once you push down the plunger you got a few seconds before you get an crazy ringing (really deep) all in your ears and then it takes you down the hole... My IM doses went up to like 180mg, but it's obviously a lot more cost efficient than nasal consumption is...

IV is best done with a 'drip' setup that administers the dose over a certain period of time instead of all at once. This is how ketamine clinics do it.

Can you IM ketamine with a standard orange cap Terumo insulin syringe?

I'm assuming an insulin syringe would work, what's the gauge / needle length? You're gonna want a lower gauge and longer length than what you use to IV.

1/2" might be too short, I've never IM'd but a website is telling me ideal length is 7/8" to 1.5" and ideal gauge is 26-30.

I’ll need to shop around then. All the harm reduction places here just offer the insulin ones for IV.

If you do IV do a really low dose. It hits fast and hard... Like before you get your rig out. Do not IV more than 5 mg first time and no more than 30 mg.

The difference is essentially diving into a k hole where IM you have a parachute and IV is jumping head first no parachute
I disagree with this. My favourite IV dose was 180mg from a stolen injection vial so not street ketamine (ie pure. No cut).

It's an instantaneous and intense hole. You won't get there IM the same way. IV is like going down a tunnel at warp speed. Also when you IV either k or mxe you can taste it inside your tongue. It's like cotton candy in your taste buds.