• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Injected heroin and questions about soreness and possible medical conditions.

memento_mori

Greenlighter
Blew some of the shot. Area got red and had hive like blotches. From what I've read that is most likely a histamine reaction. What worries me is a little further up the arm a different vein is red and puffed up. Has this happened to anyone else? And what was your course of action afterwards?

Here is the pic of the arm http://i68.tinypic.com/2hz3eoh.jpg

PS: I took antihistamine and it got rid of all the splotch like hive marks on my arm.. But at what point should I be concerned & seek medical attention?

Last edited:
I made your post in NASADD's Chicago dope thread into a new thread, and moved it to other drugs.

If you have questions I would see a doctor or medical professional, and tell them how you IV'd drugs and what happened, and how your arm feels. You will not get in trouble for this. But, I personally have never IV'd anything or used dope/H.

I dont think that a messed up IV shot did this. I would say that IV use has exacerbated an underlying issue. Whst this is, Idk.

Some kind of vericose vein is my best guess. Nice boobs btw.

I just signed up to complement you on your nice rack. But I hope your arm is doing better too!

I just signed up to complement you on your nice rack. But I hope your arm is doing better too!

Haha....that is a very nice rack indeed!

Before I checked the picture, I was going to say that most likely when you were pulling out the needle after your shot, some fluid seeped out. This has caused my arm to blow up and feel like a peg, instead of an arm, along with all the other histamine type reactions. However, I doubt this is what happened to you. That actually looks really gnarly and I have never seen something like that where the vein on the inner arm is blown out like that. I never take this advice when it is given to me, in all the stupid shit that I have done, but I would really recommend going to see a doctor. That looks really strange. I hope it has dissipated since you posted.

So the vein has now magically gone away, not sure if the antihistamine helped or what exactly.. But now the injection site is rather sore to touch/bend my arm, it is also red/pink on the surface of the injection site & swollen. The vein sticking out was what was alarming to me, but since thats gone now I'm wondering if I should wait to see progress or just head to a damn doctor. -.-

This is my arm today... some progress but now the injection site is VERY painful, hurts to even bend my arm
frown.gif
http://i66.tinypic.com/nv6z54.jpg

Last edited:
I dont think that a messed up IV shot did this. I would say that IV use has exacerbated an underlying issue. Whst this is, Idk.

Some kind of vericose vein is my best guess. Nice boobs btw.

Well that vein wasn't like that prior to shooting up :/ its gone away since last night thankfully.

That was worth the click but it's only half a rack!

Did you inject it into your pit and then the vein on your upper arm blew up or is your upper arm the site of injection? It looks inflamed which could be from some beat cut but I'm no doctor. I wouldn't run to the doctor if it went back to normal I'd just keep an eye on it.

My guess is that your vein is raised due to the vein's internal lining becoming irritated (due to repeated injection drug use)

That kind of thing eventually goes away though (as you now know)

no I shot in the dip in my arm.. opposite side of my elbow.. total different vein so no idea why the other vein blew up. -.-

Well that vein running up your arm is the same vein that's in your pit it's just farther up. Well I hope all is well and if you going to continue to boot just please be careful. I had a nasty abcess once and it's embarrassing,painful,and disgusting thing to get treated for. They use a little scalpel make a small cut on the boil and squeeze the shit out of it until all that nasty green pus pops through. It hurts like a mother fucker!

Also sorry when I say pit of your arm I don't mean armpit I mean as the guy below me said the crook of your arm!

Last edited:
I guessed that you didn't hit there, there's a red spot right in the crook of your arm, in between that bruise on your forearm and the vein, so I guessed that's where you hit. The cubital and cephalic veins (i.e. where most users, myself included, go for initially just because they're so prominent) run up your arm, though.

Yep blessed with a chest....my apologies....i just have to strain to get my eyes to move to the left so I can see ur arm......Hmmm, I'm going with histamine reaction. Allergies can be an accumulative thing so 1 out of 20 shots may do it, or 1 out of 1000 shots may do it. It also may never happen again.

Apologies for the sexist remark, we're not often exposed to such excitement around these parts......now where's that nudie thread.